The Student Room Group

AQA AS French - 2016 Official Thread -

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by skye_eve
You're wrong sorry! The noun was endroit and it was publics

Yeah I put this too because privés was the other adjective

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi, for the American series it was False, as in the text they've said it was a British version of an American series and in the question it was an American version of a British series.

sorry for my bad Eglish
Reply 162
Anyone go for the essay question on music? :smile: I thought all the essay questions were pretty nice this year but the rest of the paper was a bit tricky!
Original post by Lauriesmith2016
Nah it was adeptes, looked it up in a thesaurus (I put participants) v harsh one to have in there as all 3 have quite similar meanings

Great at least I haven't completely failed then any ideas if cherche was alright for the trouve one.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by skwonc
I completely failed - just like how i've failed every other exam so far and will fail the rest this week. :frown:.

I get ya
Original post by xx_lofsuburbia
OMG, same

I remember...(not in order)
1)the V/F/ND for the TV thing...
2)Choosing one of the three words/phrase for the family divorce thing
3)The synonyms
4)The Grammar
... Whats the fifth one?
Omg I blanked out at the Application question in the listening section does anyone have any idea what the answers were? :O
Original post by Longy1998
100% masculine plural

what was the noun? I'm 100000% it was feminine plural
Original post by dariadrg
hi, for the American series it was False, as in the text they've said it was a British version of an American series and in the question it was an American version of a British series.

sorry for my bad Eglish

Do you know what letter this question was eg 7a or 7b or whatever
Original post by chartreux5
what was the noun? I'm 100000% it was feminine plural

I think the noun was 'endroits' and the second adjective was 'privés', so the answer was definitely masculine plural - 'publics'
Original post by Babyoleg
Do you know what letter this question was eg 7a or 7b or whatever

no sorry :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 170
Original post by FakeDumbledore
Yes I did!! What points did you make?

Can't remember 100% but for why it's so popular I said about how it is a good way to express yourself, form of entertainment (linked this to concerts and making new friends etc. that kind of stuff), feel part of a group, good way to relax and good way to concentrate (I literally said anything I could remember and tried to link it in some way to get my points up :tongue:)
For the good and bad influence part I said how it's good because it can make people happier (then I linked that to use of lyrics, melodies, blah blah blah) and how they can encourage people to make a change. For the bad influence I said about bad language in songs and how the singers can have a negative impact on people and encourage them to do the things they are singing about like smoking or whatever :smile: What about you? Do you think it went well?
Original post by lucyje
Can't remember 100% but for why it's so popular I said about how it is a good way to express yourself, form of entertainment (linked this to concerts and making new friends etc. that kind of stuff), feel part of a group, good way to relax and good way to concentrate (I literally said anything I could remember and tried to link it in some way to get my points up :tongue:)
For the good and bad influence part I said how it's good because it can make people happier (then I linked that to use of lyrics, melodies, blah blah blah) and how they can encourage people to make a change. For the bad influence I said about bad language in songs and how the singers can have a negative impact on people and encourage them to do the things they are singing about like smoking or whatever :smile: What about you? Do you think it went well?

Hang on didn't it say votre opinion on whether its positive ou negative? I picked a side and only wrote about negative because I thought it was asking for your personal opinion on whether its a good or bad influence
i found that exam so difficult😞
apparently that synonymes question is usually only on A2 papers.
it all shouldnt have been that hard, i missed so much out😕
Original post by emilyviolett
i found that exam so difficult😞
apparently that synonymes question is usually only on A2 papers.
it all shouldnt have been that hard, i missed so much out😕

yeah synonyms is something I would have expected on my A2 paper not the AS in fairness.... Would say quite a lot of that paper I could only do cos I've done A2... :/
Original post by Gnatt27
Hang on didn't it say votre opinion on whether its positive ou negative? I picked a side and only wrote about negative because I thought it was asking for your personal opinion on whether its a good or bad influence

hi, I think you're right! At least I hope so as I also interpreted it that way and only wrote about positive influences
Original post by Gnatt27
Really? if your right then there goes another mark down the drain:frown:

It wasn't I don't think. I'm not quite sure it was adepts either as doesn't that mean follower? (Oh I guess it could be then?) I got origines or whatever it was. Oh well, resitting it is then!
(edited 7 years ago)
Did your schools had a lot resitting because mine had quite a few and that'll bring up the grade boundaries
Reply 177
Original post by FakeDumbledore
Umm for the popularity bit I just went on about how it allows us to destress and also that it is everywhere in life nowadays. For the positives I just talked about how it makes people less depressed and something else I can't remember. For the negatives I just said about the bad influence rappers can I have through their language etc. and also how music can promote piracy (I was running out of ideas by this point).

I mean apart from the writing, the rest of it was just ridiculous I thought. Like why are they giving us really hard verbs to conjugate in the past that most of us would never have seen. The first question was really hard too and most of the reading. Not sure hopefully a B but really need an A :frown: Hbu?

Ah yeah they are good ideas :smile: yeah it was a tricky paper, that synonym question was a bit odd as I've never seen a question like that before! And yeah Q9 stumped me a bit with peindre and some of the words were hard to conjugate :frown: I'd love an A but it was a hard paper but I think everyone has found it a bit tricky this year so hopefully there will be lower grade boundaries so we can both get our As :wink:
Original post by eleanor27
yeah synonyms is something I would have expected on my A2 paper not the AS in fairness.... Would say quite a lot of that paper I could only do cos I've done A2... :/

yeah, the A2s at my college said pretty much the same, i wouldnt say that was fair exam tbh😞
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Grade boundaries are probably going to be low, everyone found it hard, definitely harder than the mock (2015) paper. 83 for an A is a good estimate (I think someone said this earlier! XD)

I think I said it. But thinking about it again, in 2014, one hard section caused the grade boundaries to drop to 85. There were several here so I'm thinking anywhere between (80-83), although nothing less than that.

Thinking I got a B overall. Damn, wanted an A :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending