The Student Room Group

Ramadhan fasting and exams

me and my Muslim friends are gonna be fasting during crucial exam season and i would like t now does anyone know a good method for revision
Original post by lolpool
me and my Muslim friends are gonna be fasting during crucial exam season and i would like t now does anyone know a good method for revision

Revise and don't eat/drink.... :/
Original post by lolpool

Do the most difficult things in the morning
Reply 3
Original post by lolpool

Just revise as usual. I don't really see how fasting affects revision unless you revise outdoors.
Reply 4
Original post by AAls
Just revise as usual. I don't really see how fasting affects revision unless you revise outdoors.

the main problem is my lunch break that i take which gives me more energy to revise
Reply 5
Original post by lolpool
the main problem is my lunch break that i take which gives me more energy to revise

I see. I guess I don't go through this problem as I wake up around 11. As long as you don't actually think about it you'll be fine. Have some dates/ma'amoul for suhoor as well.
Reply 6
sleep at 12:31, after taraweeh,
wake up for suhur at 2:15
sleep at 3 (after suhur and praying fajr)
wake up at 7:45

This timetable is well planned with the best sleeping cycles to get the best sleep. Also i recommend that after waking up you read quran in the morning from about 8:00 to (whatever you want). I would also recommend that you start work at 9, or 10:00 and do 1 hour sessions of work and then 1 hour breaks until you finish what you wanted to revise; my personal favourite. Finally, it is ramadan so you will probably be tired halfway through the day so i recommend that you do no longer than 4 or 5 hours of revision a day.

Hope this helps, ramadan kareem :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I have a question -
I usually find it best to revise the night before my exam, and al hum do lilah this has helped me get good grades, however am I allowed to revise after isha and taraweeh prayers or should I sleep until Sehri and revise then?

I am already revising throughout the day, but I won't finish learning everything by isha time
Reply 8
Original post by JustJannah
I have a question -
I usually find it best to revise the night before my exam, and al hum do lilah this has helped me get good grades, however am I allowed to revise after isha and taraweeh prayers or should I sleep until Sehri and revise then?

I am already revising throughout the day, but I won't finish learning everything by isha time

if you think you can absorb the information so late in the night you should do it
i personally cannot do that
Original post by JustJannah
I have a question -

Do what you gotta do. Whatever you think is best but remember that the brain won't function at its full potential without adequate sleep :smile:
Original post by lolpool
if you think you can absorb the information so late in the night you should do it
i personally cannot do that

Thankyou :smile:, it worked aha
Original post by Someboady
Do what you gotta do. Whatever you think is best but remember that the brain won't function at its full potential without adequate sleep :smile:

Thankyou :smile: for your advice. I managed to learn everything, but i fell asleep during half of it anyway haha
What I am doing is, staying awake after Taraaweeh and revising until like 8/9am then sleeping through most of the day. May Allaah make it easy for you all.
Original post by lolpool

I did an exam today whilst fasting and ive been praying 5 times a day, trying to read quran whereever i can, and making plenty of dua.

Did 2 extra nafil for my exam, and dua must have been accepted as i think ive done really good!

Revision wise just do as you normally would do i dont think concentration etc is an issue its more of aches and pains in my body due to little energy. But just do bits here and there instead of trying to do intense bits.
my sisters doin a levels and she has her method of revising (although i dont recommend it)come back from school, sleep until azaan, wake up, eat and stay awake drink coffe until school starts. good luck to everyone tho and ramadan kareem !
I find it a lot easier to revise after Taraweeh up until sehri and then again from when I wake up till about noon... after that I am just tierd.
Ramadhan Kareem and inshallah you and your friends will do amazing in your exams :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest