The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by кяя
Damn how fast are you guys planning on writing hahaha

Why not just draw horizontal lines across the page and claim you were writing too fast and it's actually a really good 24/24 essay

In addition to getting worse my writing gets smaller the further in the exam I get, so that doesn't help aha
The one thing keeping me going for this exam is how low the grade boundaries usually are
Original post by bluefire66
can someone tell me the difference between ultradian rhythms and nature of sleep: Stages? I have realised that my AO1 for both of these is very similar, is it that it is all just ultradian rhythms??

They have really similar research and theories but for the theory of stages of sleep you can include a bit about the cycles, how the amount of REM increases after each cycle and stages 3 and 4 sleep decrease throughout the cycles, how there are 5 cycles that last 90 mins and mention the sleep staircase. Then go into depth about the stages of sleep, which is the same theory for ultradian rhythms.

However, I think maybe including info for the different stages of sleep and the cycles of sleep would be good for both essays.
Original post by rosieschofield
my teacher is an examiner and she told us that they're the same thing so only learn one essay. no idea if it's true though

okay, thank you! I will definitely learn ultradian rhythms as that's supposed to come up, and I'll just have a quick look at the evaluation for the other essay
Original post by кяя
I just looked at an essay I wrote for gender roles and it's 1000 words FUKK how am I supposed to revise all that chit. What do I cut out :frown:

Evolutionary explanation for gender roles? No idea how you need sooo much lol.
Here is what im gonna do.

3 paragraphs for a01: Divison of labour, Mate choice and finally E-S theory.

Evaulation:
Speculative theory, no way to actually prove it
Research shows that women advertise their looks for mate choice at 55% and men 34% where as men look for attractiveness 44% and women look for it 22% and then talk about it supporting it bla bla bla.
E-S theory- braon-cohen suggests be used to explain autism, extreme systemased brain in austics people, hard to empathise and pick up on social queues.
Support for E-S theory from Questionaire given from baron cohen, Questions which are either answered with empathic or systematic answers. Found men more systematic than Women.
Determinism- may create disposition to certain gender behaviour but social/psychological play a strong role in allowing it.

I think that's enough. in the actual essay i'd probably forget some names of people lol, but I think if you write researchers it's alright cause i saw someone get 90/90 with no names of researchers.

Just make sure you get the essential points down and take away the bs in it. But don't take too much away. Still need to elaborate to get more marks.
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Thats so vague?? used for which aspect? what sectionof unit 3?

I know it is but you said determinism can be used for anything! Okay, how about the Social Learning Theory of aggression? Yes you could technically say how if aggressive behaviour is observed, it will be imitated but it's a very weak point in comparison to other IDA points you could make.
Original post by bullseye1
They have really similar research and theories but for the theory of stages of sleep you can include a bit about the cycles, how the amount of REM increases after each cycle and stages 3 and 4 sleep decrease throughout the cycles, how there are 5 cycles that last 90 mins and mention the sleep staircase. Then go into depth about the stages of sleep, which is the same theory for ultradian rhythms.

However, I think maybe including info for the different stages of sleep and the cycles of sleep would be good for both essays.

thanks! I think I'll learn both evaluations just in case then and put some more detail into my ao1
If a question comes up about two theories of breakdown how much marks do u think I can get by writing a detailed ducks theory n very little detailed lee's theory?
How many AO2/3 & IDA points are people averaging per essay? I feel like I have too many
Original post by IHatePsychology
Evolutionary explanation for gender roles? No idea how you need sooo much lol.
Here is what im gonna do.

3 paragraphs for a01: Divison of labour, Mate choice and finally E-S theory.

Evaulation:
Speculative theory, no way to actually prove it
Research shows that women advertise their looks for mate choice at 55% and men 34% where as men look for attractiveness 44% and women look for it 22% and then talk about it supporting it bla bla bla.
E-S theory- braon-cohen suggests be used to explain autism, extreme systemased brain in austics people, hard to empathise and pick up on social queues.
Support for E-S theory from Questionaire given from baron cohen, Questions which are either answered with empathic or systematic answers. Found men more systematic than Women.
Determinism- may create disposition to certain gender behaviour but social/psychological play a strong role in allowing it.

I think that's enough. in the actual essay i'd probably forget some names of people lol, but I think if you write researchers it's alright cause i saw someone get 90/90 with no names of researchers.

Just make sure you get the essential points down and take away the bs in it. But don't take too much away. Still need to elaborate to get more marks.

That's all I basically have, maybe I go on a bit too much lol.
I took E-S theory out because it was taking up too much space and I'm unlikely to remember it.

Also I love your username :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bluefire66
thanks! I think I'll learn both evaluations just in case then and put some more detail into my ao1

Cool, glad to help!
Original post by adtr0706
In addition to getting worse my writing gets smaller the further in the exam I get, so that doesn't help aha

Mine starts of neat and straight, then it gets absolutely massive, letters become severely rounded and I forget that the lines on the page exist.
Original post by bullseye1
I know it is but you said determinism can be used for anything! Okay, how about the Social Learning Theory of aggression? Yes you could technically say how if aggressive behaviour is observed, it will be imitated but it's a very weak point in comparison to other IDA points you could make.

.... You do realise i meant everything as in determinism can be used for bio theoires and non bio theories... I didnt literally many every theory you use it where appropriate, smh.
What do u write in a nature of sleep essay?
Btw guys i rung AQA earlier to clarify lynch mobs and whether its credit worthy, and has been confirmed although its not on the spec you can still get credit if its relevant, so you can include it in the evolutionary group displays essay

You are an angel ❤️
Original post by кяя
Mine starts of neat and straight, then it gets absolutely massive, letters become severely rounded and I forget that the lines on the page exist.

Hey, at least you can still read that! :wink:
Original post by Can't think name

Life span and the stages of sleep
.... You do realise i meant everything as in determinism can be used for bio theoires and non bio theories... I didnt literally many every theory you use it where appropriate, smh.

You said "determinism can be used for anything" so you didn't make that very clear did you? If determinism can be used for bio and non-bio theories, then the social learning theory is a non-bio theory and therefore you're arguing you can use it for that.
Original post by Can't think name

Stages of sleep and lifespan changes
Quick question
With this stolen exam paper business how does this actually happen? where are these AQA vans?
I thought the exam papers would be at the schools way before the exam... does the student steal the papers from the school or from the actual AQA van?

Latest

Trending

Trending