The Student Room Group

OCR FSMQ Additional Maths 6th June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

For the second question, did they give you the gradient function or did you have to derive it?
Original post by 123Master321
Was the binomial expansion question x= 1.05

I got 0.95, as x = 1- σ
Original post by ReluctantWriter
I got 0.95, as x = 1- σ

I checked the answer with my calculator as it was 1.05 and x = 1+σ
Anyone else felt like that exam was brutal?

Is there an unofficial mark scheme too?
Original post by LiamCollins
For the second question, did they give you the gradient function or did you have to derive it?

They gave it, we had to find the curve equation
Original post by Ricdave
I got 400m too

The answer is 400m:
S = ut + ½ at^2
Car A: = 0(t) + ½(1.5) t^2
= .75t^2
Car B: = 0(t) (2) t^2
= t^2
.75t^2 +100 = t^2
100= ¼ t^2
t= 20 seconds
S = ut + ½ at^2
= 0(20) + ½ 2(20)^2
=400m
Reply 247
welp it was **** :frown:
Original post by 123Master321
400m i believe or that might have been the wrong question

i get where you came from, but i got 300m :tongue:

edit scrap that i did get 400m
For question 11 how did everyone do the quadratic thing? Also what expressions did you get for the distances?
Original post by etata
Was I the only one because I've murdered all of the past papers and i think I'll be lucky to pass

^^this is literally me
Reply 251
Welp.
GG, OCR. You've successfully managed to piss me off in ways I did not think were imaginable.
Did all of the past papers, thought, 'yeah, this isn't so bad, I'm ready!'
After doing the test, I feel like I've wasted a METRIC S***TON of time revision for a test that is going to make me cry to sleep.
Just... so many questions where I was completely baffled.
Additional Maths? Additional B***S***.
For the first triangle question, with the bounds, I crossed out all my working and then wrote a note that the examiner should use my workings (they were fully legible).... do you think that's okay?
Reply 253
Original post by meme259
For question 11 how did everyone do the quadratic thing? Also what expressions did you get for the distances?

OP=400-25t and OQ=100-20t

Use Pythagoras to find length PQ (xm) which gave something like 170,000-24,000t+1025t^2.

Differentiate this and set it equal to 0 to find the minimum value of t which you the substituted into the equation above to get 171.8m.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by asdfghjklyd
I know, no binomial distribution too :confused:

I KNOW RIGHT and that is my favourite area
Like 400-25t, and the 100-20t, I got the answer to be 170 metres as the smallest length of X. Don't know if it's right.
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
For the first triangle question, with the bounds, I crossed out all my working and then wrote a note that the examiner should use my workings (they were fully legible).... do you think that's okay?

Yep don't worry about it :smile: the examiners are told to mark crossed out work (unless you provided a replacement answer) so yes it should be fine
Original post by meme259
Yep don't worry about it :smile: the examiners are told to mark crossed out work (unless you provided a replacement answer) so yes it should be fine

Well a least I have about 6 marks now.
On my way to an E
Reply 258
Original post by !GG!
Welp.
GG, OCR. You've successfully managed to piss me off in ways I did not think were imaginable.
Did all of the past papers, thought, 'yeah, this isn't so bad, I'm ready!'
After doing the test, I feel like I've wasted a METRIC S***TON of time revision for a test that is going to make me cry to sleep.
Just... so many questions where I was completely baffled.
Additional Maths? Additional B***S***.

same
Reply 259
What does everyone think the grade boundaries will be? I think I didn't answer a round 25 marks and I want an A:/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending