The Student Room Group

OCR Classics prediction 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EgelEyelid
If Agamemnon comes up as a source question tomorrow I'm fully going to hold my breath in that exam and hope to DIE!!! Let's pray to Zeus that Antigone comes up or Medea as a source question because I honestly have absolutely so clue about Agamemnon :///////

Last year Agamemnon and Electra were the source questions and the essays were Antigone and Medea and something about characters allowing their emotions to control their actions.
I'm really hoping for Medea to be a source because I'm the most confident on it as a source
Thanks for the help guys 💯😂
Good luck everyone - I have my medea notes uploaded if anyone wants some last minute stuff😂 https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/revision-notes/ocr-classics-a-level-medea
How did everyone find it? I adored the Ag question because we'd practiced it loads! The Medea question was lovely, I think the grade boundaries are going to be really high this year because everyone's been loving the papers...
Original post by blue2337
How did everyone find it? I adored the Ag question because we'd practiced it loads! The Medea question was lovely, I think the grade boundaries are going to be really high this year because everyone's been loving the papers...

Hi! I think it was quite nice. I did Medea for the extract questions and Electra for the source. Did anyone else do Electa? I haven't found anyone so far!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiera28
Hi! I think it was quite nice. I did Medea for the extract questions and Electra for the source. Did anyone else do Electa? I haven't found anyone so far!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did exactly what you did! They were the best two things that could have come up for me 😂
Original post by kiera28

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! I loved the electra essay as I enjoyed pretty much bashing Electra for three pages😂
It was alright but I didn't mention the chorus, staging, Greek tragedy terminology so my grade is limited
Original post by roarchika
How did everyone find the exam??? I feel like that first 45 marker was kind of an awesome question!

(Btw - is anyone else doing Roman Society/Thought as their other unit? I haven't been able to find anybody and I'm looking for someone to compare notes with!)

I'm doing Rome for GCSE
Original post by MKaur18
I'm doing Rome for GCSE

Ah, good luck for tomorrow!
Original post by JessieTaylor98
I did exactly what you did! They were the best two things that could have come up for me 😂

Thing is my teacher for Electra was pants but I really liked the question so had a go anyway. Might have completely misunderstood the play though! 😂
I got 64 and 74, what grade is that?
Depends on whether those are the raw marks or the UMS marks. If they are the raw marks, then it'll depend on which modules they are for and then you'll be able to convert them to UMS.

If they are UMS marks, then 64 + 74 = 138 then divide by 2 = 69 which would be a C overall.
Original post by Classics_Teacher
Depends on whether those are the raw marks or the UMS marks. If they are the raw marks, then it'll depend on which modules they are for and then you'll be able to convert them to UMS.

If they are UMS marks, then 64 + 74 = 138 then divide by 2 = 69 which would be a C overall.

Damn :/ is that far away from a B and yes it's raw marks
If it's raw marks, then they need converting first of all to UMS marks. Which modules did you do?

Original post by OddFuturez
Damn :/ is that far away from a B and yes it's raw marks
If it's raw marks, then they need converting first of all to UMS marks. Which modules did you do?

I did tragedy and homer
Original post by OddFuturez
I did tragedy and homer

So depending on which module got the higher mark, the UMS conversion works out like this:Tragedy Raw 64 = UMS 69 / Raw 74 = UMS 80Odyssey Raw 64 = UMS 64 / Raw 74 = UMS 76

UMS 69 + 76 = 145 / 2 = 72.5 (grade B)
UMS 64 + 80 = 144 / 2 = 72 (grade B)

So I would say it looks to me like you got a B.
So depending on which module got the higher mark, the UMS conversion works out like this:Tragedy Raw 64 = UMS 69 / Raw 74 = UMS 80Odyssey Raw 64 = UMS 64 / Raw 74 = UMS 76

UMS 69 + 76 = 145 / 2 = 72.5 (grade B)
UMS 64 + 80 = 144 / 2 = 72 (grade B)

So I would say it looks to me like you got a B.

I checked the UMS, it says 61 is 60 UMS and 74 is 80 UMS. Thanks for working it out. Very much appreciated. I do find it odd that the grade sheet doesn't display an overall grade but simply just 2 grades. Just worked out I am 2 marks of a low B grade, is it worth remarking it?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending