The Student Room Group

Gcse english language urgent help!

Im doind fondation, I got 48 marks which is 2 marks away from from a c is there a chance of me still passing english and if there is how many marks should i roughly get in the exam.
Original post by Timzy_99
Im doind fondation, I got 48 marks which is 2 marks away from from a c is there a chance of me still passing english and if there is how many marks should i roughly get in the exam.

What exam board are you doing?
Reply 2
Original post by examtime123
What exam board are you doing?

AQA
AQA

Do you mean that you got 48 marks in your coursework? Because that's a C according to the mark scheme I looked at. (Just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing)
Reply 4
Do you mean that you got 48 marks in your coursework? Because that's a C according to the mark scheme I looked at. (Just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing

Yes that is what i mean but the problem is that my friend said to get a c overall you have to get 140 marks . combined with the exam marks is he correct?
(edited 7 years ago)
[QUOTE="Timzy_99;65501293"]
Do you mean that you got 48 marks in your coursework? Because that's a C according to the mark scheme I looked at. (Just want to make sure we're talking about the same th

Yes that is what i mean but the problem is that my friend said to get a c overall you have to get 140 marks . combined with the exam marks is he correct?

I don't think so, no. I think a C overall is about 100 (if you're doing foundation). So you'd need about 54-55 to get a C overall (considering that the exam is worth more than coursework). :smile:
Reply 6
[QUOTE="examtime123;65501411"]

I don't think so, no. I think a C overall is about 100 (if you're doing foundation). So you'd need about 54-55 to get a C overall (considering that the exam is worth more than coursework). :smile:

Thanks alot
[QUOTE="examtime123;65501411"]

i'm doing Higher AQA English Language gcse and was wondering wat i need in the exam to get a B overall?
I got 70 out of 80 in my coursework which is an A
thanks
[QUOTE="Helpmepickone;65501731"]

i'm doing Higher AQA English Language gcse and was wondering wat i need in the exam to get a B overall?
I got 70 out of 80 in my coursework which is an A
thanks

An A overall is about 101 marks, so you'd need a mark between 35 - 40 to get a B overall :smile:
[QUOTE="examtime123;65501889"]
Original post by Helpmepickone

An A overall is about 101 marks, so you'd need a mark between 35 - 40 to get a B overall :smile:

thanks
Reply 10
[QUOTE="examtime123;65501889"]
Original post by Helpmepickone

I got 55 in my coursework how much more do I need to get to a C
[QUOTE="Sundus-m;65503683"]

I got 55 in my coursework how much more do I need to get to a C

A C overall is about 87 marks, so you'd need roughly 32 marks in the exam to get a C :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending