The Student Room Group

OCR FSMQ Additional Maths 6th June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 123Master321
What did you guys get for the other line that was also tangent, I got y=3x+5, i did it by forming the diameter, was that what everyone else did

i got that too. for the circle question did u get (x-8) ^2 + (y-3)^2 = 40?

i forgot the x and y values but did u get 40??
Reply 281
Anyone intersted in doing a petition to have the exam rewritten?
Original post by TrumpIsFancy

yep!!, I'm checking all my answers because i was time pushed and couldnt really check
Reply 283
Original post by !gg!
don't even get me started on that! Wtf, why, just why ocr, out of all the symbols you could have given, why give the one that no one has ever used and takes 10 years to draw - yes, draw, you don't write that kind of bs out. You could have given us x again, what's wrong with x? You could have given us a, b, c, d, e, fghijklmnopqrstuvxyz but no, lets be fancy and give them a flipping delta
timewasting + bs = ocr additional maths

lol the # is waiting to be used! #aqa4lyf
Original post by tom0508
Anyone intersted in doing a petition to have the exam rewritten?

This petition signing seems to be the norm this exam series. It will not happen, there is no way the exam could be sent to all schools in time, if you found it difficult then I guess that's life.
Reply 285
This petition signing seems to be the norm this exam series. It will not happen, there is no way the exam could be sent to all schools in time, if you found it difficult then I guess that's life.

Did you not find it hard?
only manage to attempt 26 marks do i feel bad about this especially as i can see that other people have got different answers and as i'm only yr 10 i'm guessing i fudged it up really bad oh well at least i get next year they cant be horrible pricks two years on the trot right?
Original post by TrumpIsFancy

I got 40. :yep:
Who got y = 6x - 23 for one of the equations of the tangents?
Original post by etata
Did you not find it hard?

Well, maths is my favourite subject, so not really, but I'm not trying to be arrogant, i've just been doing a **** ton of olympiad maths this past year, so fsmq would be rather trivial.
Just finished it.Horrible.I will be lucky if I get a B.
This paper 😢 I averaged 87% for every single past paper since 2003, and when it counts, they decide to make it so hard. I'd be over the moon now with a A, when before i was certain about it.
Reply 292
Well, maths is my favourite subject, so not really, but I'm not trying to be arrogant, i've just been doing a **** ton of olympiad maths this past year, so fsmq would be rather trivial.

'Rather trivial.'

Welp, one person will get an A, GG
Reply 293
Original post by kennethdcharles
This paper 😢 I averaged 87% for every single past paper since 2003, and when it counts, they decide to make it so hard. I'd be over the moon now with a A, when before i was certain about it.

This is exactly how I feel... I will be lucky to get an A now
Did anyone get something to do with -1/3 for a graph question ?
Original post by !GG!
'Rather trivial.'

Welp, one person will get an A, GG

how bout this: it was ****ing easy bitch
I predict it will be like 60 for an A ,maybe lower
That was literally the worst paper ever - literally I spent so much time revising for this when I could have been revising for the other TWELEVE exams I have left!!!
But Literally when the examiner told us we only had 10 minutes left, we all looked at her like mate we gave up in the first 20 minutes:angry:
Reply 298
Original post by kennethdcharles

I felt like I could get an A; even after seeing last year's exam, I still got an A on that one that was supposed to be harder than the rest.
But this? An A would be miraculous.
They looked like 8s 6s and almost every thing else. Please OCR. Just putting delta instead of X won't confuse us but it may make us lose marks as it looks like an integer not an unknown. 😐

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending