The Student Room Group

Ramadan and Eid chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by h333
You are welcome. :h:
I already said how it is going for me but I will update now: Alhamdulillah all gooooood like honestly better the non-fasting days. Just feel more fresh and not lazy. All thanks to Allah.

What about you?

Oh glad to hear you feel better :console: Same here. I feel energized I swear. I read a lot of quran today and I'm really proud of myself :woo:
Original post by NachoPhilosopher
yes thank youuuu let's hope so :hugs:

InshaAllah :hugs:

Original post by *Alisha*
My head is killing me!:angry:

Owh owh :console: How many hours to go? :redface:
I've got a headache and i haven't even started fasting yet :cry::cry2:
Original post by Kadak
Is it ok to delay Ramadan for exams ?
Whats the rule for this ?

You still need to fast, however this may soothe your mind :smile:

"After a few days of the fast, higher levels of endorphins appear in the blood, making you more alert and giving an overall feeling of general mental wellbeing." ~ http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Healthyramadan/Pages/fastingandhealth.aspx

So that means you're less likely to read the question wrong (as you are more alert) and you're less likely to be stressed (as you have an overall feeling of general mental wellbeing).

So it is logically better to fast. Just don't run about, drink loads of water in suhur time, leave your house earlier, so the sun is not as hot/bright and you don't have to run for the bus which may cause you to become dehydrated etc.
Reply 83
Original post by maria.x
ramadan kareem

Ramdaaan kareem ya aghla 2ensaan 3al 2ardh :jumphug:
Original post by eternalhinch

Awhh :console:, it'll get better Inshallah
Original post by Hamoody
Oh glad to hear you feel better :console: Same here. I feel energized I swear. I read a lot of quran today and I'm really proud of myself :woo:

InshaAllah :hugs:

Owh owh :console: How many hours to go? :redface:

3 and a half hours:h:
Original post by childofthesun
How hot is it over there? :lol:

Dunno how you can cope with fasting in Africa 😂😂 may god help you
Reply 87
Original post by Hamoody

Thanks. I Know right why do we feel more energised Subhanallah?.....Allah makes it easy. That is so good to hear Masha Allah, I need to read a lot today In shaa Allah.
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
I like your beard. I want one.

Thanks ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ouch... my head hurts so much and I need to revise for my bio exam tomorrow - was gonna fast tomorrow during exams but I'm defo not doing that now, i was dying in college at the same time that the exam would be (PM exam)

Hope everyone else's fast is going better than mine! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by eternalhinch

Owh don't worry bud, I'm sure you'll get used to it. It might be slightly challenging after so long, but after all, you'll be alright :hugs:

May Allah bless you. You'll make it in good shape :yep:
Reply 91
Original post by h333
Thanks. I Know right why do we feel more energised Subhanallah?.....Allah makes it easy. That is so good to hear Masha Allah, I need to read a lot today In shaa Allah.

Exactly, for soome weird reason, it's just a nicey nice feeling deep down. I read 6 juzz' today :eek:
InshaAllah :yep:
Original post by nomophobia
Ouch... my head hurts so much and I need to revise for my bio exam tomorrow - was gonna fast tomorrow during exams but I'm defo not doing that now, i was dying in college at the same time that the exam would be (PM exam)

Hope everyone else's fast is going better than mine! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

OH don't worry, you'll be fine buddy inshaAllah :console:
@ZuluK

How is it going? :smile:
Reply 93
these 19 hour fasts bruh... its actually not that bad rn tbh, im lacking concentration on revision tho.
Reply 94

you got 19 hour fasts too? :redface:
Original post by TheBeardedSaint
It's based on sightings of the crescent moon in South Africa and Morocco

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought that was the same in saudi arabia?
And i meant that people who live in the UK most people fast today and some fast tomorrow.
Original post by SugarBubbles2000
For us Shias we're starting tomorrow. I'm excited but my mum won't allow me to fast until exams are over :frown: Probably a good idea because I need energy to think because there's always a chance I'll blank out during the exam haha.

who said? im shia too but i started today anyway
Original post by Hamoody

:eek::eek:
But I don't think it should be difficult right? I mean the temperature in France is decent enough :cheeky:

:hugs:

Hahaha honestly it depends, because in May/June the temperature can be high - around 30 degrees C - and the thirst is real , but for sure it's still better than Middle East temperatures.

El hamdoulilah today wasn't a difficult day, iftar is in less than 3h and I'm not hungry or either thirsty. Everything's possible with faith anyway :h:

Also I'll remember your birthday :mmm:
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Dunno how you can cope with fasting in Africa 😂😂 may god help you

I didn't fast today because I flew back home. It's usually not that bad actually, but then again I'm used to it! It's only around 30 degrees C right now but it's raining like mad and the humidity is the worst lol.
Just imagine what it's like for people in Saudi and other countries in ME :eek:
Reply 99
Original post by Hamoody
Exactly, for soome weird reason, it's just a nicey nice feeling deep down. I read 6 juzz' today :eek:
InshaAllah :yep:

6 Masha'Allah:woo::thumbsup: ......I need to get to work then.

Quick Reply