The Student Room Group

A2 History - HIS3J - 2016.

any1 sitting it
(edited 7 years ago)
yeah, me
he thinks an EEC question will come up due to the referendum
Reply 3
EEC- European Economic Community. The important stuff is why we applied to join it- basically our economy was falling into the toilet, and we were also concerned with maintaining/improving diplomatic relations and our position internationally.
Reply 4
It can't be on the EEC can it? That's foreign policy
EEC question very unlikely I think; there has been two 1951-64 questions in the past two years, and to write an essay solely on it would be extremely difficult
Reply 6
So does anyone have any predictions? Bcos we've literally got like 3 days and tbh I don't know shiiiiiit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxsv
So does anyone have any predictions? Bcos we've literally got like 3 days and tbh I don't know shiiiiiit

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hardly know anything either lol dw dw theres just so much content that I'm finding it hard to remember it all...

Predictions;
First two minority Labour Governments?
Political Extremism 1930's (I saw this on another thread and panicked coz I have no idea how to answer that)
General Strike 1926?
Economic overview - not sure what period
Post War Consensus?

You don't think they could ask us a question about women 1918-1964 do you???
Original post by HarrietLGH98
I hardly know anything either lol dw dw theres just so much content that I'm finding it hard to remember it all...

Predictions;
Political Extremism 1930's (I saw this on another thread and panicked coz I have no idea how to answer that)
General Strike 1926?
Post War Consensus?

Decent suggestions they are. Don't think consensus can come up again seen as though they've already asked it, and a question on women would be extremely harsh; we've hardly done anything on it
Reply 9
Original post by HarrietLGH98

Predictions;
General Strike 1926?
Post War Consensus?

I'd say not enough to write about 1923/4, but 1929 election's a possibility??
Extremism and Women is too brutally harsh i think, especially for last of the spec.. My teacher's said they seriously doubt it'll be on those and all there is for women is a couple of Representation of the people acts.. i wouldn't say enough for 45 marks.. General Strike is a fairly safe bet i reckon.. Most likely 'why did it fail?' or a consequences q.. Economic overview is more likely to be on 51-64 bc that's the economic overview they haven't done in the longest amount of time.. As for consensus.. it's come up before but it's deemed a really hard question because it's difficult to give a substantial argument for there not being a consensus
hi guys, just a quick question - if we totally bugger up this year can we resit next year or is this there no resit exam at all due to new spec??
Original post by Billerby
I'd say not enough to write about 1923/4, but 1929 election's a possibility??
Extremism and Women is too brutally harsh i think, especially for last of the spec.. My teacher's said they seriously doubt it'll be on those and all there is for women is a couple of Representation of the people acts.. i wouldn't say enough for 45 marks.. General Strike is a fairly safe bet i reckon.. Most likely 'why did it fail?' or a consequences q.. Economic overview is more likely to be on 51-64 bc that's the economic overview they haven't done in the longest amount of time.. As for consensus.. it's come up before but it's deemed a really hard question because it's difficult to give a substantial argument for there not being a consensus

Yeah I can see where your coming from, I really don't think there is enough on women for a 45 mark question.

Economic overview 51-64 wouldn't be too bad I don't think, just starting to stress a little now haha
Original post by OllyRoberts
Decent suggestions they are. Don't think consensus can come up again seen as though they've already asked it, and a question on women would be extremely harsh; we've hardly done anything on it

I think the last consensus question was in 2011 so I suppose it could come up maybe as it was a while ago???
What would you write for a 1951-1964 economic questions? All I can think of is "stop-go" policies trying to control inflation
What would you write for a 1951-1964 economic questions? All I can think of is "stop-go" policies trying to control inflation.

You could write about NEDDY and NICKY tried to control wages and plan the economy- both failures as there was too much talk but little action.
You could write about 'Pay Pause' - cut the public sector wages i.e. Nurses.
Selwyn created this.
- unsuccessful as it very unpopular, lots of outcries about and it led to 800,000 being unemployed by the end of 1962.
You could say it was an affluent society as it had low unemployment apart from (1962 and 1963 it reached 2 million- I think..), wage rises in 1951 it was £8.30 by 1961 it was £15.35. End to rationing in 1954. The amount of television sets people had in 1950 there was 300,000 by 1953 there was 3 million. Motor cars- the car brand Mini became popular in the 1950s as celebrities had purchased it, Queen Elizabeth's younger sister was given one as a wedding gift and this increased the output of new industries.
Changes in chancellor of Exchequer- RA Butler, Macmillan, Thorneycroft, Amory and Selwyn.
Hope this helps... that is all I could think of...
Does anyone think the decline of the liberal party will come up because I literally know nothing about it!!
Reply 16
okay guys u see the two minority labour govs and macdonald, we wouldnt need to mention his national gov coalition right?
okay guys u see the two minority labour govs and macdonald, we wouldnt need to mention his national gov coalition right

Hey, i would write about his time in the national government just to be on the safe side.
In addition, if was about labour being in power I would write about Attlee's majority government. 1945-51

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending