The Student Room Group

AQA AS French - 2016 Official Thread -

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophiehaddad
I did the music essay and I believe it said "in your opinion, does music have a positive or negative influence?"
I wrote about both positives and negatives - will I get penalised for this!? I'm really worried now!

Yes
I did the music essay and I believe it said "in your opinion, does music have a positive or negative influence?"
I wrote about both positives and negatives - will I get penalised for this!? I'm really worried now!

No because you are weighting your argument, they will love you for that
I'm just glad this is over tbh ahahah already writing my second A2 essay today- so scared what the paper is gonna be like after the AS ahahaha :/
Original post by Jamesk123
I'm fairly sure it was PUBLIQUES

No it's not because publiques would be feminine plural and they wanted masculine plural, if I recall correctly
I got one A, and that's it. Not even sure why, I was divided XD I think I got it for which parent she's living with.
Original post by Gemma2204
No because you are weighting your argument, they will love you for that

Oh I really hope so! :/ most of my friends who did this essay also did positives and negatives too! Some people have told me I will be penalised and others have said I won't be - so feel really unsure and worried ahhh I hate exams haha!

You definitely won't be penalised for stating both sides of the argument, if anything you're more likely to get full marks for doing this!
Original post by sophieds
You definitely won't be penalised for stating both sides of the argument, if anything you're more likely to get full marks for doing this!

Thanks very much for the encouragement! Keeping my fingers crossed! Good luck with all your other exams :smile:
Oh I really hope so! :/ most of my friends who did this essay also did positives and negatives too! Some people have told me I will be penalised and others have said I won't be - so feel really unsure and worried ahhh I hate exams haha!

I think it depends on how you wrote it... eg if you said I think music is positive... but we must also understand the bad then that's good but I think they are more likely to like it than not
Thanks very much for the encouragement! Keeping my fingers crossed! Good luck with all your other exams :smile:

Not a problem, good luck to you too
Original post by Babyoleg
I think it depends on how you wrote it... eg if you said I think music is positive... but we must also understand the bad then that's good but I think they are more likely to like it than not

I wrote 3 positives and then wrote "but we must look at the other side of the argument" and wrote 2 negatives. Then in my conclusion I said there were both positives and negatives.
Hopefully I'm not alone in this :colondollar::eek:
Did ANYONE do the essay question on les disputes entre les parents et leurs enfants?? No one's mentioned it yet, feel like I'm the only one lol. Probably should have done one of the others to be fair, I had hardly any points to make so didn't write much and will be lucky if I get any marks for it at all :frown:
Having said that, I thought the listening and writing weren't too bad.
Original post by rebecca30
Did ANYONE do the essay question on les disputes entre les parents et leurs enfants?? No one's mentioned it yet, feel like I'm the only one lol. Probably should have done one of the others to be fair, I had hardly any points to make so didn't write much and will be lucky if I get any marks for it at all :frown:

No, sorry! I did the one on smoking

Even if you do, you'll only lose like one or two marks for content. The grammar, accuracy and vocab marks are all unaffected.
I did! I just wrote about arguing over money, school, expectations and sharing the household tasks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 215

I did the same... worst case we're not alone :tongue: did you give an overall conclusion?
Original post by woopwoopwoopwoop
I did too... to a point where i felt like I should put an A even though it was B/C
Was there any A though??

Yeah im fairly sure there was an A
Reply 217
Original post by Ucanrevisethis
Yeah im fairly sure there was an A

Yeah, me too
Original post by rebecca30

I did this one! That question was great!!
Original post by Lauriesmith2016
Nah it was adeptes, looked it up in a thesaurus (I put participants) v harsh one to have in there as all 3 have quite similar meanings

Yeah you're right, it's like they were asking us to find out which one was more right (out of multiple right answers) in a lot of cases.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending