The Student Room Group

Edexcel: From kaiser to fuhrer 1900-1945, his03/d exam friday 10th june 2016

Scroll to see replies

Guys do you reckon that there can be a question just on the consolidation of power. It's only a 6 month period so I think it's likely to be cooperated into rise of the nazis or hitler becoming chancellor.
Thoughts?
Original post by Annie.humair
Guys do you reckon that there can be a question just on the consolidation of power. It's only a 6 month period so I think it's likely to be cooperated into rise of the nazis or hitler becoming chancellor.
Thoughts?

I reckon there is enough content on consolidation of power for it to be its own question
Original post by Mowerharvey
I reckon there is enough content on consolidation of power for it to be its own question

Do you have an essay plan or an essay on it?
Do you have an essay plan or an essay on it?

I don't I'm afraid :s-smilie:
Does anyone know how you would go about answering a question on the golden years?
Original post by Mowerharvey
I don't I'm afraid :s-smilie:

Okay no worries
Okay no worries

for consolidation of power i would do:

-legality
-terror and violence-
-lack of opposition
Original post by jodie1012
for consolidation of power i would do:

-legality
-terror and violence-
-lack of opposition

Thanks.
I understand that would have to talk about those but I just struggle with what I would write about each point and the evidence I would use to back it up if you know what I mean

Sorry to be a pain. I didn't have a great teacher this year so I've had to teach myself a lot that's why I'm struggling with it
Thanks.
I understand that would have to talk about those but I just struggle with what I would write about each point and the evidence I would use to back it up if you know what I mean

Sorry to be a pain. I didn't have a great teacher this year so I've had to teach myself a lot that's why I'm struggling with it

honestly its fine! In legality i would talk about the march election, enabling act and then potsdam day and how these were all 'legal' methods to consolidating their power.

Terror and violence - SA/SS, political concentration camps set up

lack of opposition - then i would link the violence to lack of opposition with the communists. i.e. the left didnt think hitlers government would last as they thought it showed a failure in the capitalist system so eventually communism would prevail. they also didnt want to react to the violence towards them as this would play into the nazis hands. With the church i would talk about the concordat and protecting their interests i.e. they agreed to stay out of politics as long as they had freedom to meet and worship!!

Hope this helps x
honestly its fine! In legality i would talk about the march election, enabling act and then potsdam day and how these were all 'legal' methods to consolidating their power.

Terror and violence - SA/SS, political concentration camps set up

lack of opposition - then i would link the violence to lack of opposition with the communists. i.e. the left didnt think hitlers government would last as they thought it showed a failure in the capitalist system so eventually communism would prevail. they also didnt want to react to the violence towards them as this would play into the nazis hands. With the church i would talk about the concordat and protecting their interests i.e. they agreed to stay out of politics as long as they had freedom to meet and worship!!

Hope this helps x

Yes that does. Thank you x
Do you know how I would go about the final solution?
Yes that does. Thank you x
Do you know how I would go about the final solution?

Thats what im currently doing now haha!!

I think i would do :

-Role of Hitler - so like 25 point programme, mein kampf anti semitism throughout etc
-Chaotic sate/cumulative radicalisation
- Impact of war

I haven't worked out what to include in each heading specifically yet so if anyone else has any ideas it would be much appreciated :smile:

I think i would do :

-Role of Hitler - so like 25 point programme, mein kampf anti semitism throughout etc
- Impact of war

I haven't worked out what to include in each heading specifically yet so if anyone else has any ideas it would be much appreciated :smile:

Okay no problem. I'm trying to get through this as well right now.
There's something about einaszgruppen but not sure what it was and which but it goes in
Okay no problem. I'm trying to get through this as well right now.
There's something about einaszgruppen but not sure what it was and which but it goes in

probably both war and chaotic state as they came around when germany invaded the soviet union.
but im not sure! im currently planning an answer and im going to email my teacher with it later so i could post it on here later when she replies if thats any help!
probably both war and chaotic state as they came around when germany invaded the soviet union.
but im not sure! im currently planning an answer and im going to email my teacher with it later so i could post it on here later when she replies if thats any help!

That would be great, thank you so much.
I really think this is gonna come up this year

I think i would do :

- Impact of war

I was thinking like

Role of Hitler:
* look at the intentionalist view that Hitler planned the holocaust: 25 Point Programme 1920, Mein Kampf 1925, Prophetic Speech to the Reichstag in 1939 where he spoke of the 'annihilation of the Jewish Race in Europe'
* meeting between Hitler and Himmler 1941 'Jews to be exterminated as Partisans'
*working towards the Fuhrer ensured that Nazi Policy guided towards Hitler's world view

Impact of War
*Invasion of Poland brought 3 million Jews under German control, placed in Ghettos --> as war continued cost of keeping Jews in ghettos too $$ so an alternative solution needed
* Invasion of USSR led to Einsatzgruppen (SS Death Squads) massacring Jews, 700,000 killed in 8 months
*Increasing need to find a solution to the Jewish Question

Chaotic State (this one's a bit repetitive, any ideas?)
*growing extremism due to working towards the fuhrer led to cumulative radicalisation: Mommsen = 'the final solution was not based on a long term programme'
*eg 1939 Jews in ghettos --> 1941 mass murder by Einsatzgruppen ---> 1943-1944 death camps
*plans to deal with Jews kept changing, eg madagascar plan & plan to send Jews to Siberia
*Einsatzgruppen acted independantly in murdering Jews, catalysing and influencing the Final solution

That's what I'm thinking at the moment but please guys add stuff where you see fit!! ^_^
Original post by Kattkin
I was thinking like

Role of Hitler:
* look at the intentionalist view that Hitler planned the holocaust: 25 Point Programme 1920, Mein Kampf 1925, Prophetic Speech to the Reichstag in 1939 where he spoke of the 'annihilation of the Jewish Race in Europe'
* meeting between Hitler and Himmler 1941 'Jews to be exterminated as Partisans'
*working towards the Fuhrer ensured that Nazi Policy guided towards Hitler's world view

Impact of War
*Invasion of Poland brought 3 million Jews under German control, placed in Ghettos --> as war continued cost of keeping Jews in ghettos too $$ so an alternative solution needed
* Invasion of USSR led to Einsatzgruppen (SS Death Squads) massacring Jews, 700,000 killed in 8 months

*growing extremism due to working towards the fuhrer led to cumulative radicalisation: Mommsen = 'the final solution was not based on a long term programme'
*eg 1939 Jews in ghettos --> 1941 mass murder by Einsatzgruppen ---> 1943-1944 death camps
*plans to deal with Jews kept changing, eg madagascar plan & plan to send Jews to Siberia
*Einsatzgruppen acted independantly in murdering Jews, catalysing and influencing the Final solution

That's what I'm thinking at the moment but please guys add stuff where you see fit!! ^_^

What was the 25 points programme bit?
Reply 216
Original post by Kattkin
I was thinking like

Role of Hitler:

Impact of War

Hi

What evidence do you use for the independence of the einsratzgruppen? :smile:
What was the 25 points programme bit?

In the 25 Point Programme point 4 states that no Jew can be a German Citizen, thus outlining Hitler's antisemetic beliefs from the offset. This I would use as evidence for the intentionalist argument, like spinning it to say that Hitler always intended to remove all Jews from Germany etc

:smile:
Do you think they could ask on the rise of nazis in the 20s as in like why did they fail? I think that would be really difficult, but would it be possible?
Does anyone know how you would go about answering a question on the golden years?

My main points would be about economic, political and foreign policy in this period (maybe culture depending on the question)

Quick Reply