The Student Room Group

What should/do you ask in interviews when asked "Do you have any questions?"

Hi,

I was wondering, most interviews I've had, I've been asked at the end, if I have any questions. I think I've asked when I'd hear back and about shift patterns.
What about you?
What do you think is meant to be asked? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Little Old Me
Hi,

I was wondering, most interviews I've had, I've been asked at the end, if I have any questions. I think I've asked when I'd hear back and about shift patterns.
What about you?
What do you think is meant to be asked? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've always asked if there was any career progression available within the role.

And the odd, Do you think I am a suitable candidate for the role?

Those two questions contributed to my interview success.
Original post by Boreism
I've always asked if there was any career progression available within the role.

And the odd, Do you think I am a suitable candidate for the role?

Those two questions contributed to my interview success.

Oh cool. My jobs have been within the NHS so maybe some questions are best suited in different work settings. I feel like if I ask about progression, they may feel I don't even want the job but am basically just using it for later on.

What sort of jobs were you being interviewed for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Little Old Me
Oh cool. My jobs have been within the NHS so maybe some questions are best suited in different work settings. I feel like if I ask about progression, they may feel I don't even want the job but am basically just using it for later on.

What sort of jobs were you being interviewed for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

All of my interviews were for Office Administrator. I wanted to work for the NHS but never got the chance to.

I guess we are both lucky to have even found jobs. Unlike most people on this forum. :smile:
I always ask the interviewer something about themselves. I ask about their background in the role or why they enjoy working for the company/place. A lot of people don't ask about the interviewer(s) so they're always surprised
For me I ask:
- Career progression opportunities
- what does a typical day look like?
- what learning and development opportunities are there?
- how big is the team I'm working in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

8. What's one thing you dislike about your job?
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi

With out fail i would use the ones in the link below. I have tried and tested and it has never gone wrong and i work in the banking sector.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nextavenue/2014/06/18/10-job-interview-questions-you-should-ask/#90aba00191e1

if you need more guidance, more than happy to help.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending