The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ferfewfew
What do you guys think the tectonics essay will be? I know it's likely to be something related to plate tectonic theory but does anyone have any other predictions??

Im thinking something to the with a seismic type essay as well as tectonic theory. My teacher thinks it could be a comparing essay of some kind maybe what type of boundaries are the most hazardous or LEDC MEDC
Original post by Piercedoc21
Im thinking something to the with a seismic type essay as well as tectonic theory. My teacher thinks it could be a comparing essay of some kind maybe what type of boundaries are the most hazardous or LEDC MEDC

Oh yeah it could be, what approach would you take to a question like that?
Original post by ferfewfew
Oh yeah it could be, what approach would you take to a question like that?

Well for the MEDC LEDC one i have Chile amd Haiti as my case studies amd theyre good because you can compare them because of the difference in wealth and management. If you look them up youll see. For the plate boundaires i would define hazards etc and give examples of some, then go on the converging margins, example all 3 types and do the same for the other two margins and come to a conclusion, and just use some case studies etc tsunami and so on to explain why you believe that type of margin is the most hazardous, i did that question in class and you can get a good 7pages if you really wanted to, can use diagrams in it as well
I'm doing world cites, ecosystems and tectonics... Revision is not going well. Have any of you got any predictions about what might come up this year? :smile:
1. Rich developed counties ie Europe
2. Rich oil exporting countries
3 newly developing countries
4. Former communist states
5. Less developed countries
Original post by treflop1234
1. Rich developed counties ie Europe
2. Rich oil exporting countries
3 newly developing countries
4. Former communist states
5. Less developed countries

what are these?? groupings of countries or some kind of transition?
What does everyone predict for 7,8,10, and essay questions for:
World Cities?
Development & Globalisation?
Plate tectonics?
Original post by Domers_
What does everyone predict for 7,8,10, and essay questions for:
World Cities?
Development & Globalisation?
Plate tectonics?

World cities -
7 - figure on urbanisation
8 - shanty towns / management
10 - sustainable communities or urban partnership schemes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hesterrose
our school make us do 4 so we can choose whichever questions we want to answer

yep we did four as well finished in march, i am the only one in my class still revising all 4 really hard but can't bring myself to drop one
Original post by Sacred Ground
World cities -

Posted from TSR Mobile

for sustainable communities would that be the sustainable private-public partnership schemes like new Islington millennium village which is to do with sustainability?
guys has there ever been a 40 marker on poverty (conflicts) if so wat year??
Why does Monserrat have andesitic lava and not basaltic lava? If someone can answer this it will all make sense to me, so please
Original post by Sacred Ground
World cities -

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sustainable communities????????
Original post by tcameron
for sustainable communities would that be the sustainable private-public partnership schemes like new Islington millennium village which is to do with sustainability?
I hope so, we've only done a public/community led partnership scheme.
Original post by Luis Suarez
Why does Monserrat have andesitic lava and not basaltic lava? If someone can answer this it will all make sense to me, so please

Montserrat is a composite volcano and is on a destructive plate boundary. Composite volcanoes have explosive eruptions due to the lava type which is andesitic.
I'm not sure if anyone has posted any predictions but does anyone have any predictions on the 25 markers/40 markers for Plate tectonics, ecosystems, world cities and development and globalisation? Thanks in advance
I have never even heard of sustainable communities before? What is this? Well yeah based on its name I can guess but this isn't on the spec is it?
Original post by manju04
Montserrat is a composite volcano and is on a destructive plate boundary. Composite volcanoes have explosive eruptions due to the lava type which is andesitic.

Thanks but why is it andesitic lava though?
Original post by Luis Suarez
I have never even heard of sustainable communities before? What is this? Well yeah based on its name I can guess but this isn't on the spec is it?

I assume you're talking about eco-towns such as BedZED or Masdar city?
Reply 1019
Development and globalisation -
LDCS
Sustainable tourism
Development continuum
EU

Is that the predictions for short questions

Quick Reply