The Student Room Group

Other than religious, what reason is there to ban homosexuality?

Scroll to see replies

There's a gay thread every 5 ****ing minutes and the same things get said every single time. Aren't you guys bored of this. This has been done to death.
Original post by Kyle1198
There's a gay thread every 5 ****ing minutes and the same things get said every single time. Aren't you guys bored of this. This has been done to death.

I agree.
Original post by polarising
Alright, Oedipus, let us know when your visitation hours are.

Why? It's two consenting adults.
Why are threads about homos still being made? This isnt a discussion that's happening anywhere in western society right now, it's been done

I get quite sick of justifying my existence to ignorant a-holes, yeah. But as long as people keep replying, the threads will keep being made.
Original post by donutellme

Incest is a disgusting violation of God's laws (in my faith)

It's just sick
Original post by polarising
I get quite sick of justifying my existence to ignorant a-holes, yeah. But as long as people keep replying, the threads will keep being made.

Original post by ivybridge
I agree.

Exactly there's more important and interesting discussions to be had, like idk the EU referendum or some ****, but no homosexuality is better because we like hearing recycled opinions on both sides of the argument, it's almost become routine in a way.
Yeah it is, but surely so is homosexuality?
OTHER than religion? Religion isn't a reason to ban homosexuality either.
Original post by Grand High Witch
I can't think of a good one, and yet it is banned throughout the world and there are people in the West who think it should be banned in Western countries.

Oh I dunno. Maybe the idea that humanity will die out if enough people are homosexual. Because science (not religion) says, you can't make kids with someone of your same sex. Of course some areas of modern science are trying to get around this with like sperm banks, surrogates, not even wanting kids so phwop who cares right, allowing gays to adopt (which doesn't really solve the issue of not being able to have kids but whatever), and etc. However yes pertaining to at least my religion none of these are ideal because it means you'd have to make a child out of wedlock. But ok that doesn't matter to anyone. Aside from the no-biological-kids thing and annoying SJWs, I've no issues with gays.
Original post by Platopus
OTHER than religion? Religion isn't a reason to ban homosexuality either.

Ok great but still any ideas?

What do you think is more likely to lead to the societal acceptance of incest and beastiality:

a) Two gay professionals engaging in normal, "vanilla" sex and being very much in love; or

b) Two straight people engaging in all manner of kinky and bizarre activities that you would see in a Channel 4 documentary.

I really don't think gay relationships will have anything to do with it; it will be the increasing recognition of bizarre sexual activities practised by both gay and straight couples.
Original post by 0to100
Maybe the idea that humanity will die out if enough people are homosexual.

Practically impossible. Gay people have never made up more than 5-10% of any given population as far as I am aware. Also, in the current age, is reducing the human population actually a bad thing?

Because science (not religion) says, you can't make kids with someone of your same sex. Of course some areas of modern science are trying to get around this with like sperm banks, surrogates, not even wanting kids so phwop who cares right, allowing gays to adopt (which doesn't really solve the issue of not being able to have kids but whatever), and etc.

See infertile straight couples. And yes, you are right - there are many methods of gay people having children at the present time.

However yes pertaining to at least my religion none of these are ideal because it means you'd have to make a child out of wedlock. But ok that doesn't matter to anyone.

The concept of illegitimate children is a total anachronism these days.

Aside from the no-biological-kids thing and annoying SJWs, I've no issues with gays.

Ok, but do you take an issue with infertile straight couples who can't produce kids, biologically?
Original post by 0to100
Oh I dunno. Maybe the idea that humanity will die out if enough people are homosexual. Because science (not religion) says, you can't make kids with someone of your same sex. Of course some areas of modern science are trying to get around this with like sperm banks, surrogates, not even wanting kids so phwop who cares right, allowing gays to adopt (which doesn't really solve the issue of not being able to have kids but whatever), and etc. However yes pertaining to at least my religion none of these are ideal because it means you'd have to make a child out of wedlock. But ok that doesn't matter to anyone. Aside from the no-biological-kids thing and annoying SJWs, I've no issues with gays.

:s-smilie:
Yeah it is, but surely so is homosexuality?

Indeed :smile:
There is no reason to ban homosexuality other than so called 'religion' a.k.a. bigotry. Homosexuality is perfectly natural, observed in over 1500 species. The ridiculous argument of 'but a book written by people who thought the earth was flat says it's bad' is slowly wearing thinner and thinner, and not a damn moment too soon.
Also may I add that 'if everyone is gay the whole population will die out' is not a good argument.
You might as well say if everyone were infertile the whole population would die out, therefore you're a bad person if you're infertile and being so is immoral/
You might as well say if everyone were teachers, there would be no doctors, if everyone were men, the population would die out etc.
Come on. If you can see how ridiculous and unrealistic these scenarios are, you can see why it's not a good argument
Also may I add that 'if everyone is gay the whole population will die out' is not a good argument.
You might as well say if everyone were infertile the whole population would die out, therefore you're a bad person if you're infertile and being so is immoral/
You might as well say if everyone were teachers, there would be no doctors, if everyone were men, the population would die out etc.
Come on. If you can see how ridiculous and unrealistic these scenarios are, you can see why it's not a good argument

PRSOM!
PRSOM!

Thanks my g
And this means it should be banned because...

IDk. I'm not the one enforcing that law. I don't make the laws in countries that ban homosexuality. I just gave reasons why countries or people would want it ban.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending