The Student Room Group

I don't like my ex's new boyfriend

I'm quite concerned for my ex girlfriend. She has seeing this lad who clearly isn't respectful towards her and seems to very controlling. I know her character quite well, she was always bubbly, chatty the kind of girl banter with easily. I noticed she isn't like this anymore and it's because hes changed her.

I'm not a jealous ex, i'm the one who broke up with her when we were dating. It didn't work out because I'm a extremely busy person due to working in different towns so its hard for me to get into relationships but we still remain good friends.

It does annoy when i see her about mainly in bars, he will try to force me away even though me and her are just speaking normally. Its just to see what she has been up to because i'm rarely in the area anymore.

what should i do? should i tell her about her and ask her how she is?
I
Original post by Anonymous
I'm quite concerned for my ex girlfriend. She has seeing this lad who clearly isn't respectful towards her and seems to very controlling. I know her character quite well, she was always bubbly, chatty the kind of girl banter with easily. I noticed she isn't like this anymore and it's because hes changed her.

I'm not a jealous ex, i'm the one who broke up with her when we were dating. It didn't work out because I'm a extremely busy person due to working in different towns so its hard for me to get into relationships but we still remain good friends.

It does annoy when i see her about mainly in bars, he will try to force me away even though me and her are just speaking normally. Its just to see what she has been up to because i'm rarely in the area anymore.

I think you should :smile:
Leave her alone. It's not your business.
Reply 3
Even if you tell her what you think, chances are she'll just resent you & think you're just jealous (although I'm aware this isn't case).

Talk to her if you feel really strongly about it, but there are some things people can only learn through the hard way IMO.
She's your ex.
Unless you two are still close, I doubt she'll appreciate you interfering.
give her you opinion. she can either take it or leave it
why do you care?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous

I would not do anything

Spoiler

It's non of your business mate, I'm sorry to say. Ex's change post-breakup, usually because of a new partner, but there's nothing you can do about it.

If this guy isn't right for her, she will eventually learn from her mistake. It's sad she has to make the mistake in the first place, but it is her decision non-the-less.
Reply 9
I said i'm not jealous as i'm the one that ended things, jeez read before you comment. It's more the case that I'm concerned how she is being treated by him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending