The Student Room Group

ISIS publicly burns alive 19 Kurdish women for rejecting sex slavery

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by mil88
Hmm, regarding whether 'whom your right hands possess' translates to slaves is indeed questionable, and perhaps requires more research (by myself), as the only evidence that I have seen for it meaning slave is from one of the Sahih hadith books. With regards to intercourse without consent, this is not allowed to my knowledge, and is indeed forbidden in the Islamic belief.
There appear to be two distinct positions on this issue.

1) The traditional position, still supported by traditionalist scholars, that taking slaves from defeated non-Muslim opponents, and using the female captives for sex, is permitted in the Quran and supported by numerous sahih hadith.

2) The modern position, based on the legal and moral consensus that slavery is an abomination and sex with slaves is always rape, supported by revisionist apologists who claim that the Quran and sahih hadith do not mean what they say.
I suspect the reason this thread went quite is after being told the verses that support sexual slavery the Muslims posters went and read their Quran found the verses they were shown by Q and other posters then realised they didn't have a leg to stand on so ran off.

Sadly this is usually the way of these thread
Original post by QE2
There appear to be two distinct positions on this issue.

1) The traditional position, still supported by traditionalist scholars, that taking slaves from defeated non-Muslim opponents, and using the female captives for sex, is permitted in the Quran and supported by numerous sahih hadith.

2) The modern position, based on the legal and moral consensus that slavery is an abomination and sex with slaves is always rape, supported by revisionist apologists who claim that the Quran and sahih hadith do not mean what they say.

Well actually you haven't taken into account those who don't accept such 'sahih hadith'. You've also incorrectly stated how the second position is 'modern' when it could very well be a ancient belief, just with a minority.

My point was the specific wording of who the 'right hand possess' is referring to, is unknown by myself, however the rape issue is more definite. Of course, this depends on which books you follow, and for your case, which books you read.

As for slavery, although (probably not accepted), but I think I have already shown you how the pure leaders (family of the Prophet) treated slaves and indeed servants, and thus are a example for all. For those who reject and don't follow such personalities, I cannot possibly justify their position.
is there a video of this I don't think so so it is all conjecture
They have no soul, they're robotic psychopathic, brainwashed ****s of a group
Original post by Listers
Religion of Peace.

Piece of body here, there, pieces of bodies everywhere

lmfao.

Original post by AlvlVictim
You have some nerve calling him ignorant with the ******** you are spewing

Ok he's ignorant. So go on and constructively educate the masses exactly how he is, then...

can't you?
Original post by karl pilkington
is there a video of this I don't think so so it is all conjecture

WHAT? ISIS very well could've done this. IT'S ISIS. We don't NEED PROOF. Accusing ISIS is not accusing Islam. So stop getting all sjw like "well we need proof, it's just hearsay." Keep in mind who we're discussing.
Original post by 0to100
WHAT? ISIS very well could've done this. IT'S ISIS. We don't NEED PROOF. Accusing ISIS is not accusing Islam. So stop getting all sjw like "well we need proof, it's just hearsay." Keep in mind who we're discussing.

could have done but not for definite also I am not defending them I just really wanna watch the video
(edited 7 years ago)
did anyone watch the one where they dropped a rock on a guys head that was the most abhorrent thing I have ever seen
Original post by 0to100

I can't 'upvote' thumb thing you, so RESPECT to ya m88y, sorry if I'm rlly annoying. I can't give you reps for some reason. :frown:
Original post by karl pilkington
could have done but not for definite also I am not defending them I just really wanna watch the video

If you wanna see freaky **** try liveleaks mate but next time be mindful that it doesn't sound like you're defending those...people.
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I can't 'upvote' thumb thing you, so RESPECT to ya m88y, sorry if I'm rlly annoying. I can't give you reps for some reason. :frown:

I think there's a limit lol it's fine not annoying, just being your nice self.
Original post by 0to100
I think there's a limit lol it's fine not annoying, just being your nice self.

Ain't even used any LMAO ;O Oh well, lol, it just says that you have to rate other people b4 you, but when I do, it don't work, anyway sorry. :smile:
Coming to a field near you as these people come from Calais.
Where the feminists at huh?
Original post by Themini
Are you seriously arguing that a population sample of 39000/1,600,000,000 is a representative sample? B**** please. I don't have a bias I go by facts, figures and logic.
My logic dictates if there are 1.6bn people of one faith and people like you claim their religion is violent. Why haven't they wiped us off the face of the planet yet? They had plenty of chances during the "golden" age of Islam. When the Ottomans controlled Europe.

You guys haven't yet managed to convince me otherwise.

Who says Pew is gold standard of research? Have a look at their biggest donators.

Yes I am. Trevor Phillip's recent sample of the UK told a very similar story. Obviously you won't be satisfied until they knock on the door of every muslim on the planet and even then you'll find another excuse to call it codswallop.

You can argue the accuracy of the polls to a point but when they start to say the same thing as other sources then alarm bells start ringing. If there's anyone home that is.
Original post by Jebedee
You can argue the accuracy of the polls to a point but when they start to say the same thing as other sources then alarm bells start ringing. If there's anyone home that is.

The article doesn't state the breakdown of participants within the countries. So in theory 38000 participants could've been asked from Saudi Arabia whilst the remaining 1000 participants could've been asked from the reminder of the 38 countries which would skew the results.

There is no reason why a poll shouldn't show the sample breakdown unless it quite clearly would reveal bias and make the exercise invalid. I'm not saying every muslim should be questioned, I'm arguing the validity of the test.

As I've said, look at their biggest donators and the truth will reveal itself.

I mean I'm not saying corporations would ever fund think tanks, media or statistic organisations to help stir public outrage and change public opinion to meet their own profitable needs in muslim countries.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Themini
The article doesn't state the breakdown of participants within the countries. So in theory 38000 participants could've been asked from Saudi Arabia whilst the remaining 1000 participants could've been asked from the reminder of the 38 countries which would skew the results.

There is no reason why a poll shouldn't show the sample breakdown unless it quite clearly would reveal bias and make the exercise invalid. I'm not saying every muslim should be questioned, I'm arguing the validity of the test.

As I've said, look at their biggest donators and the truth will reveal itself.

I mean I'm not saying corporations would ever fund think tanks, media or statistic organisations to help stir public outrage and change public opinion to meet their own profitable needs in muslim countries.

http://i.imgur.com/aByp9Ap.png
I found this if it is any help to you. I'll see if I can find more info on the methodology.
Original post by Jebedee
Yes I am. Trevor Phillip's recent sample of the UK told a very similar story. Obviously you won't be satisfied until they knock on the door of every muslim on the planet and even then you'll find another excuse to call it codswallop.

Whilst I agree that the sample size, can be representative here if the study is indeed conducted "correctly". However, the single biggest limitation of this is that different Muslims have different opinions on various issues, and thus the results, aren't exactly as accurate as one may think. There are different sects in Islam, and thus the majority of the sample may (and often is) from a single sect, thus giving relatively inaccurate results for Muslims in general.
Original post by mil88
Whilst I agree that the sample size, can be representative here if the study is indeed conducted "correctly". However, the single biggest limitation of this is that different Muslims have different opinions on various issues, and thus the results, aren't exactly as accurate as one may think. There are different sects in Islam, and thus the majority of the sample may (and often is) from a single sect, thus giving relatively inaccurate results for Muslims in general.

Well that just goes back to what I said about Pew poll being a well respected outfit. So taking into account that 90% of the world's muslims are Sunni, and I think most would agree that they are the less peaceful of the two. So if they targeted specifically Shias, the overall would seem less fanatical, and if they only asked Sunnis then the result wouldn't be much different to what they are now. Hence rendering Shia and Sunni as a rather irrelevant distinction in the conversation.

It's a simplistic argument, and we can be certain Pew poll would have had it covered.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending