The Student Room Group

OCR FSMQ Additional Maths 6th June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

I flopped question 7 , the roof one.Can someone tell me how they did it ?
Reply 361
Original post by 123Master321
Well, maths is my favourite subject, so not really, but I'm not trying to be arrogant, i've just been doing a **** ton of olympiad maths this past year, so fsmq would be rather trivial.

Right, I can't help but admire that to some extend but also, **** sake, at least pretend you found it hard for the peace of mind of the rest of us
Reply 362
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Except when you do the inverse of cos you want the number inside to be as small as possible to get the biggest angle.

Spoiler

I got 80 something as well
Can you get an A* in Additional Maths or is A the highest
Original post by hebeb
Yes this is what I got. Can't remember the exact figure but it was ~97 and I did what you did.

Same as you!
Original post by trollface54
Can you get an A* in Additional Maths or is A the highest

A is the highest
Original post by Ricdave
A is the highest

Mad ting tanks
God have mercy
Original post by ihatehannah
someone plz tell me the grade boundaries will be like 50 for an A

That would be a ****ing dream. I think for A it would drop to low 60s or mid/high 50s? They were off their rocker with this paper, it threw me off completely, nothing like previous papers at all. Hating on OCR right now.
how many marks for the questions with the train and the car? the long one about the minimum distance between them or whatever....

Thanks!

really?! how many individual questions were there
When our results arrive, for the FSMQ, will we get just the grade or also the marks?

I'm asking because on most papers you will get the grade and UMS marks but I can't find UMS grade boundaries or UMS to raw mark converter for the FSMQ anywhere...

Anyone know?
I think 4
a was 2 marks
b was 3
c was 6
d was1
Original post by theone97
When our results arrive, for the FSMQ, will we get just the grade or also the marks?

I'm asking because on most papers you will get the grade and UMS marks but I can't find UMS grade boundaries or UMS to raw mark converter for the FSMQ anywhere...

Anyone know?

You just get a grade. You can ask for your raw mark from your teacher. There is no concept of UMS conversion for this paper.
Original post by hebeb
Yes this is what I got. Can't remember the exact figure but it was ~97 and I did what you did.

Original post by deardood
Was it not 97 something degrees as you had to make b and c smaller by 0.5 cm and a larger by 0.5cm. To get largest angle

I'm pretty sure it was 97. something. I made b and c smaller tby 0.5 and a larger by 0.5. It can't have been 90, because the sides were 12, 16 and 20, which is a pythagorean triple, which means the angle 90 degrees would occur during mid way between the max and min.
Reply 375
@Mr M can you please make a mark scheme :smile:))
(edited 7 years ago)
What did people get for the area question on the back page?? anything near 4?

ps i hope examiners don't mind salty papers bc I literally cried into it xoxo
yes I got 4 as well
did anyone get 6x-41 for any q
Reply 379
did anyone get 6x-41 for any q

I got y = 3x-41 for the other tangent to the circle and y = 6x-23 for the tangent to the curve question...

Quick Reply

Latest