The Student Room Group

OCR ICT G061 June 6th

Decided to make this thread for this exam. Do feel free to share your revision methods as well as any questions.

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown:

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses. :redface:

:h:
Reply 2
@Zacken this is an a level ict exam are you able to move it to the correct place thanks.
Taking this also. Thoughts on potential questions/good impacts of ICT news?
I'm sitting this exam too. Does anyone have the 2015 paper with maybe an unofficial markscheme?
How'd you all find it?
Reply 6
I found it good, i bet no one thought bcs would come again lol
Original post by kevvvvvv

Yeah they sure do love bcs..
I think because there was no 11 marker question, they made it extra harder. Wtf is bcs and concept keyboard. There are mostly good thinks about projector and computer so why would they ask for disadvantages :angry:
Reply 9
Yeah that projector question i misread and wrote about the advantages i had to change it in like the last 15 minutes!
I did exactly the same but for the image library. Had plenty of time to used answer paper. Bcs is the professional bodies part dude! Iabs concept keyboard is for McDonald's and stuff
Original post by kevvvvvv

It was my first time seeing them. Who are they?
Original post by Midnight1811
It was my first time seeing them. Who are they?

Posted from TSR Mobile

British computing society. They are a professional body so oversee that area of industry. Two advantages of any professional body but also Bcs is that the network manager would have achieved professional status at some point and also they have a say in making industry legislation and codes of conduct
Did you guys cover this in ICT lesson or how do you know about this. I'm hearing this for the first time as well and never expected it to have anything to do with ICT
Reply 14
Theres like half a page on them in the textbook
Original post by Paddythed
Posted from TSR Mobile

British computing society. They are a professional body so oversee that area of industry. Two advantages of any professional body but also Bcs is that the network manager would have achieved professional status at some point and also the
y have a say in making industry legislation and codes of conduct

Bloody hell, I ended up writing about trade unions to protect the network manager, or that if he needs any advice he can go to them
Reply 16
The lack of the 11 marker completely threw me off!!
Original post by thaliawaters
The lack of the 11 marker completely threw me off!!

ME too. Read through the paper six times to double check I'd missed nothing. Didn't even feel like there were 120 marks, more like 80.. Great paper though.
Reply 18
Original post by Paddythed
ME too. Read through the paper six times to double check I'd missed nothing. Didn't even feel like there were 120 marks, more like 80.. Great paper though.

Same here, I've been seeing loads of people saying how awful they found the paper I really really enjoyed it ahaha
Reply 19
The first two pages i found tough. What did people put for the one with random numbers like 085647 then 2 ways of hows its data , without mentioning its meaningless, raw facts and figures or unprocessed! as the question said not to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending