The Student Room Group

Edexcel: From kaiser to fuhrer 1900-1945, his03/d exam friday 10th june 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eddso
Hi

What evidence do you use for the independence of the einsratzgruppen? :smile:

My apologies, I completely misinterpreted a paragraph in my text book! They acted separately/ independently from the army but their actions were authorised by Hitler to exterminate Jews in Russia.
I think I was trying to bulk out the chaotic state bit! :P
Original post by Kattkin
My apologies, I completely misinterpreted a paragraph in my text book! They acted separately/ independently from the army but their actions were authorised by Hitler to exterminate Jews in Russia.
I think I was trying to bulk out the chaotic state bit! :P

Do you know why there was an increase in death camps between 1943-1944? Was that the way of dealing with the overwhelming amount of Jews?
Reply 222
Original post by Annie.humair
Do you know why there was an increase in death camps between 1943-1944? Was that the way of dealing with the overwhelming amount of Jews?

You have heard of the Holocaust right? 😂
Reply 223
Original post by Annie.humair

I think your over thinking it

There was an increase in death camps in these years for the sole reason that they had planned and now decided on mass extermination of Jews :smile:
Original post by eddso
You have heard of the Holocaust right? 😂

Yep 😂
Original post by eddso
I think your over thinking it

There was an increase in death camps in these years for the sole reason that they had planned and now decided on mass extermination of Jews :smile:

Probably am tbh.
Tend to do that as it gets closer to the exmas. Thanks though 😊
Anyone have any A/A* exemplar essays for the question
Towhat extent did the Nazi Regime face serious opposition within Germany duringtheyears 1939–45? [JUNE 2011]
My teacher has suggested a question along the lines of 'To what extent was the Treaty of Versailles the root cause of the economic and political difficulties Germany faced between 1919-1923?' Do you reckon something like this is likely to come up?
Reply 228
For the Final Solution I think you can talk about;

Chaotic state of gvt. ie jumping from policy to policy with no clear direction

War ie more Jews in Germany

Specific roles of Himmler and Heydrich in controlling Eisatzgruppen, which essentially evolved plans towards a more genocidal approach (although it was not finalised)

Role of Hitler
Reply 229
Original post by Domers_
My teacher has suggested a question along the lines of 'To what extent was the Treaty of Versailles the root cause of the economic and political difficulties Germany faced between 1919-1923?' Do you reckon something like this is likely to come up?

That is definitely a possibility
Original post by eddso
I really hope that question or something similar comes up. Also a question about whether or not the Weimar Republic could have survived had it not been for the Wall Street Crash would be nice.
Original post by eddso

Do you reckon there could be one just on the golden years?
Reply 232
Yes absolutely

Along the lines of;

"To what extent do you agree that the period 1924-1929 should be considered the 'golden years'?"
Reply 233
hi guys what would you write about for culture in the 'golden years' and what how would you structure (+ evidence) the essay for the impact of the war on German politics, economically, and socially? Thanks. I really dislike the impact of the war section lol cos i have to learn a timeline of the war basically. thats extra work. What do you think are the chances are of it coming up though?
Original post by eddso

How would you argue about economic as the great inflation didnt occur till 1923 would you include the great inflation?

If so, would this be a good plan,

TOV Was the major impact:
-Reperation payments,
-Divided the people, (stab in the back,Novemeber criminals),
-Annexation of areas like alsace-lorraine and Anschluss (dividing of austria and germany) hurt german resources, and added to tension as they were though to be germanys.
-Hyperinflation, caused by reperation payments along with league of nations occupation of saar led to germany having to import coal.
-Disarmament didnt go down well with the military men of germany (creation of freikorps, kapp putsch (1920,consul)
-germans felt violated.

Other Factors:
-Left-Wing uprisings not driven by TOV but communist agenda.
-People didn't support uprising from left or right as they wished to give democracy a chance to succeed.
-Reperation payments were not actual paid to a point where they crippled the german economy if dealt with properly they were manageable.
-Hyperinflation cause by war bonds also mistakes of imperal germany
-Military spending during WW1 left germany bad for money as alot was spent.
-Increased printing of money to pay back loans etc by german gov led to hyperinflation.
?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 235
Original post by kosovo123
How would you argue about economic as the great inflation didnt occur till 1923 would you include the great inflation?

If so, would this be a good plan,

TOV Was the major impact:
-Reperation payments,
-Divided the people, (stab in the back,Novemeber criminals),
-Annexation of areas like alsace-lorraine and Anschluss (dividing of austria and germany) hurt german resources, and added to tension as they were though to be germanys.
-Hyperinflation, caused by reperation payments along with league of nations occupation of saar led to germany having to import coal.
-Disarmament didnt go down well with the military men of germany (creation of freikorps, kapp putsch (1920,consul)
-germans felt violated.

Other Factors:
-Left-Wing uprisings not driven by TOV but communist agenda.
-People didn't support uprising from left or right as they wished to give democracy a chance to succeed.
-Reperation payments were not actual paid to a point where they crippled the german economy if dealt with properly they were manageable.
-Hyperinflation cause by war bonds also mistakes of imperal germany
-Military spending during WW1 left germany bad for money as alot was spent.
-Increased printing of money to pay back loans etc by german gov led to hyperinflation.
?

Yeah those points are largely fine. Make sure you focus on the economic and political tensions though; how are you linking your point about people wanting to give democracy a chance to the question?

For the economy I would argue that the Versailles settlement had a limited damaging impact in the grand scheme of things. It was the economy that the Weimar politicians inherited, and then the economic and political decisions that were made by the politicians that caused the real crash (as I think you pick up on in your plan so that's great :smile: )
Reply 236
Original post by glomayo
hi guys what would you write about for culture in the 'golden years' and what how would you structure (+ evidence) the essay for the impact of the war on German politics, economically, and socially? Thanks. I really dislike the impact of the war section lol cos i have to learn a timeline of the war basically. thats extra work. What do you think are the chances are of it coming up though?

Hi

For that question you literally follow a simple structure - the question is quite generous in actually giving you a recommended structure to follow;

1) political impact
2) social impact
3) economic impact

I don't really know this topic very well because I'm not revising the second Reich so can't give you much help on content

For culture though just talk about the cultural developments and the political tensions that it caused
Original post by glomayo

Here's a plan I made using a format posted in the previous year's thread. I've added my own notes to it. It's similar to the question you're asking and outlines all the social/political tensions that existed throughout the war.
Original post by eddso
Hi

For that question you literally follow a simple structure - the question is quite generous in actually giving you a recommended structure to follow;

1) political impact
2) social impact
3) economic impact

I don't really know this topic very well because I'm not revising the second Reich so can't give you much help on content

For culture though just talk about the cultural developments and the political tensions that it caused

Would you be able to tell me how I would structure an essay on the golden years?
So would you talk about economy, social change and culture?
Thanks 😊
Doesn't anyone think that the Second Reich will come up in terms of whether it was a democracy or autocracy?? Because It hasn't come up for a long time. I'm just going to focus on that and the Weimar.

Quick Reply

Latest