The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by toetothunder
How many do you advise learning? if i just learn those 2 is it enough for a 24 marker?

Yup those two theories are enough as long as you go into detail with them eg: power threat hypothesis is about the minority group gaining power, status and membership and the majority group intensifies its effects to control this.

With dehumanisation you could use example of Sam Hose ( Who after lynching his body was burnt, cut into pieces and bones crushed and sold as souvenirs)

Also maybe some background of info on Lynch mobs ( over 3000 African-Americans were victims of Lynch mobs in the USA)

Then for AO2 evaluate the two theories: Personally I'm using Clark (Sao Paulo Lynch mobs in Brazil), Rosenberg (Guatemala), Mullen ( weakens theory as he supports deindividuation) and Cassidy (Hindu festival - not all groups are aggressive)

So as long as you go into details should be fine Xx
Original post by akld212
Do you think that we're allowed to abbreviate common words in the exam, provided that we give a key? For example, at the top I'd write "agg" = aggression.

You can abbreviate but i wouldn't put agg, you should probably write out aggression. If you were to abbreviate it'd be more for participants turning into "pps" or social exchange theory (SET)
that kind of thing, i think then again, i don't know- I'm not a teacher
Y'know we can evaluate psya3 studies we use as evidence? How do you link methodological evals back to the A01 I'm getting confused after hearing two different things from different teachers :')
Reply 2603
Original post by akld212
Do you think that we're allowed to abbreviate common words in the exam, provided that we give a key? For example, at the top I'd write "agg" = aggression.

when doing aggression essays I write out aggression and then put (AG) in brackets and use it throughout.
Original post by yasx_
Anyone else have M1 and PSYA3 on Wednesday? I'm absolutely dreading both, not prepared at all!

yeah I really want to focus on doing past papers for M1, but I haven't even gone through eating behaviour yet for psya3. Should have started psychology revision early. ;O
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Is this possible???

Discuss research about the biosocial approach into gender dysphoria??
Someone said it is :/ I don't think so...

in theory but i doubt it will come up, and if it does, its probs just worded to try catch us out aha
Do we lose marks in a02 if for example I say the wrong name of the person who did the study but I said the aims and findings right? for example instead of saying Zimbardo I said another name like Bandura.. would I potentially lose marks even though I got the aims and the findings correct?
Original post by LennieSmall
Do we lose marks in a02 if for example I say the wrong name of the person who did the study but I said the aims and findings right? for example instead of saying Zimbardo I said another name like Bandura.. would I potentially lose marks even though I got the aims and the findings correct?

You can't 'lose marks' per se, although you would potentially get one less for that point, but you should be good assuming everything else is fine - the examiners want to give marks, they won't just disregard the rest because you got names muddled

Yeh kindof although its not like you can "lose" marks its more of it limits knolwedge band. If youre not sure dont put a name down as youll still get marks for a02
Anyone have a good A01 for genetics for aggression?
hope nobodys too stress
Original post by miajohnsonhall
hope nobodys too stress

Well I have yet to revise for it even though I have essay plans and I have a biology test tomorrow hence why I haven't focused on psychology so yep.....
Guys PSYA3 is definitely Wednesday, right? A friend told me it was tomorrow and I was like 'no its not' and I got home and my mom was like 'what time is your exam tomorrow' so I was really confused??? My thing says the 8th but I just want to check...
I'm doing sleep/cognitive development/aggression.

2/3 of our psychology teachers left midway through the unit so I have virtually no notes other than ones I've put together myself for cog dev and aggression... I was wondering if anyone had any essays on cognitive development I could look at? Specifically educational implications/Piaget/Vygotsky!

I'm happy to send any of mine if requested (If I can figure out how to do so haha), I have all essays written out for each topic apart from those three!! x thank you
I'm actually resitting this, only PSYA4.
Managed to get an A last year on PSYA3, something like 84 UMS which is decent (I genuinely just memorised my essays)

Messed up on PSYA4 though
Does anyone have any decent essays for media?
Does anyone know if group displays in relationships is one of those optional ones? Can it be replaced with deindivuation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yung7up
Anyone have a good A01 for genetics for aggression?

I think for that you just talk about twin studies and how if MZ twins are more alike in aggression than DZ it means that aggression has a genetic basis. And for adoption studies, if the adopted child has more in common with their biological parent in terms of aggression rather than their adopted parents, it suggests a biological basis.

There's also the Brunner study about how this Dutch family has a lot of violent members and they found they all had a defective MAOA gene, suggesting that a defect of that gene could cause aggression.

Then just expand on it all.
Original post by violetvictorious
Does anyone know if group displays in relationships is one of those optional ones? Can it be replaced with deindivuation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mean aggression? No group display is mentioned on the spec so a dedicated 24 marker can come up just for group display
So here's the problem I have a biology exam tomorrow and it's at 1:30 after that exam do you think that time is enough for me to get atleast most of the essays in my head? I have done my essay plans so what I plan is read do mind-maps read and do it again.. Does that sound like an idea?

But the psychology exam isn't tommorow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yung7up
Do you mean aggression? No group display is mentioned on the spec so a dedicated 24 marker can come up just for group display

Sorry mistake yeah I meant *aggression
Ugh thanks :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending