The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Economics Thread -- 6th June / 9th June

Scroll to see replies

Coming out that exam I think I did pretty well. For the budgeting question I wrote something on her having to "cut back in certain areas" to pay for her car, and the second point on the budgeting I made was that she would see an "increase under the loan repayments section" of her budget, I considered the fact that she also had student loans to repay.

What did you guys write?
Original post by Hasib_332
Coming out that exam I think I did pretty well. For the budgeting question I wrote something on her having to "cut back in certain areas" to pay for her car, and the second point on the budgeting I made was that she would see an "increase under the loan repayments section" of her budget, I considered the fact that she also had student loans to repay.

What did you guys write?

For the first one I put the same one as yours: cutting on expenditure. For the second one I said that getting the car would mean she doesn't reject those work invitations anymore so she will work more and make more money, therefore this would increase her income in her budget(?) I think I got that second one wrong haha yours makes much more sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really confused as to what to do for unit 12 key issues. I conducted research but it was really quite open so idek if I should use it or like what I'm supposed to include. Any help or anyone else feel as lost as I do?
I'm really stressed out about unit 12 economics, I completed my research projects but I don't have many examples and I'm confused how to answer the 14 markers. I just feel like I don't have enough knowledge to answer any of the questions but at least we have the case studies:smile:
Also I'm really struggling on the consequences of environmental issues and features of globalisation!!
I'd really appreciate any help, thanks :h:
Original post by history fanatic
For the first one I put the same one as yours: cutting on expenditure. For the second one I said that getting the car would mean she doesn't reject those work invitations anymore so she will work more and make more money, therefore this would increase her income in her budget(?) I think I got that second one wrong haha yours makes much more sense

Posted from TSR Mobile

After reading your second point, ironically, yours made more sense. Let's hope we both get it right :biggrin:
kinda panicking for unit 12 tomorrow barely done any revision tonight and ive got maths to worry about

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the same boat as you
hello that was a terrible exam
Original post by keepyourapology
hello that was a terrible exam

of all the topics they could put in environmental issues... chewing gum

Posted from TSR Mobile
ah God, 0 ratings for that exam :angry:
Is2g half the theory in managing the economy didn't even come up?! I was trying to drop in little bits of knowledge here and there and nearly ran out of time 😑

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I completely agree guys. That felt like a waste of revision because 1) half the theory in Managing the Economy did not come up; 2) the environmental issues/globalisation questions required NONE of my time to revise as it was all in the case study. Not to mention the questions were rather pointless....

Ugh, there goes any chance of A* in Econ!
CHEWING GUM? oh my god , im actually speechless hahaha
Original post by jade_on_tsr
Is2g half the theory in managing the economy didn't even come up?! I was trying to drop in little bits of knowledge here and there and nearly ran out of time 😑

Posted from TSR Mobile

i expected fiscal/monetary policy, macroeconomic objectives
hell i thought the EU would come up what with the referendum coming up but obviously AQA want to focus on inequality in the UK

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
What a silly test, AQA living up to its poor reputation this year once again.

Come on, Chewing gums? What a dumb 14 marker as well. And inequality isnt even one of the main government objectives and they choose that. It was too similar to last year paper.

The paper is called "current economic issues". Key word, current, so why tf did the EU not come up?

Hopefully i get an A* but i doubt it.
Fluffed it up today, so annoyed with AQA :angry:
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
i expected fiscal/monetary policy, macroeconomic objectives
hell i thought the EU would come up what with the referendum coming up but obviously AQA want to focus on inequality in the UK

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally 😑 that my A* target out the window 😔😒

Posted from TSR Mobile
So relieved I'm not the only who found that exam really weird:/

Here I go studying pollution and carbon taxes and pollution permits to get a 14 marker on chewing gum ugh!!

I didn't know how to approach certain questions and I think I've messed up in some areas:/ really gutted as economics is one of my strong subjects and I'm planning to continue studying it for A level. Hopefully grade boundaries will be low (although they're normally quite high for this unit!!) :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
how many marks out of 140 do you need for an A or B??
Reply 59
Original post by mariyahx
how many marks out of 140 do you need for an A or B??

107 for an A, 95 for a B (varies every year)

to be safe, i'd say 110 for an A, 100 for a B.
(could be lower this year? idk)

An A is fairly straight forward but an A* is like 115-120, bloody ridiculous!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending