The Student Room Group

Are there any other fellow Petrolheads out there?

Scroll to see replies

If ya a petrol head I suggest going to the closest shell station and meeting some other nozzles that help fill our fuel tanks.

Ha ha
ha

K bye.
Original post by jamesthehustler
i'd get the older models so the zonda, the enzo, the veyron, the carrera gt, the ccx then see how thing go before buying the newer vehicles
the ultimate would be to get an f1...but thats unlikely to happen

That sounds like the best way to start things.
All of those are awesome cars!!! I love them all!!
You never know what may happen!
Theyre incredibly rare but you may end up with one!
@FireFreezer77 Oi you :wink:. Where's my invite?
Original post by Themini
@FireFreezer77 Oi you :wink:. Where's my invite?

It's still being checked by the mods (it usually takes a while).
You'll get once it's up! :biggrin:
Original post by FireFreezer77
It's still being checked by the mods (it usually takes a while).
You'll get once it's up! :biggrin:
I had better or there will be consequences mister :wink:. Btw have you seen that insane million mile lexus?? Its one mad road/track car.
I dont know alot about cars :lol:
But i know i want a BMW E30 series as a first car. Will start learning in uni

But the thought of going for long drives with a few mates is just epic :ahee:
Reply 86
I love the s63 amg coupe, its really on a class of its own

In terms of racing cars its gonna have to be a little porsche, overdrift>>>>>>underdrift anyday for me

A more premium one and ill go 675LT, its got a clinical performance and the engine is next gen, a V8 with <650BHP is just crazy
Original post by Themini
I had better or there will be consequences mister :wink:. Btw have you seen that insane million mile lexus?? Its one mad road/track car.

You will get one :biggrin:
Yup I sure have! It's pretty impressive!
Have you seen the Corvette that's done 700k miles?
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I dont know alot about cars :lol:
But i know i want a BMW E30 series as a first car. Will start learning in uni

But the thought of going for long drives with a few mates is just epic :ahee:

No worries!
Yes that is a very nice car indeed!

Indeed! It sure sounds it! :biggrin:
You will get one :biggrin:
Yup I sure have! It's pretty impressive!
Have you seen the Corvette that's done 700k miles?

No. Does it have the original engine and gearbox?
Original post by drogon
I love the s63 amg coupe, its really on a class of its own

In terms of racing cars its gonna have to be a little porsche, overdrift>>>>>>underdrift anyday for me

A more premium one and ill go 675LT, its got a clinical performance and the engine is next gen, a V8 with <650BHP is just crazy

It's a really very good car indeed! The S-Class are usually very advanced too!

Gotta love Porsche! They're the most successful manufacturer in Motorsport!

It sure as hell works around a track! It looked pretty damn cool on Top Gear last night!
It sure is! 666bhp, the number of the devil!
Original post by Themini
No. Does it have the original engine and gearbox?

It has the original engine but it's on its 2nd gearbox.
I thought it was pretty damn impressive!
Hey all,
As you probably can tell, I love cars!
I'm wondering if there are any other fellow Petrolheads on TSR who want to talk about cars?
Any thing about cars, I don't mind!
I just want to talk about cars and share my love of them!
Anyone feel free to post, but this is thread for things with wheels and an engine! (Cars, bikes, trucks, any vehicles only!)
Thanks!

Spoiler

YAAAAAAAY, ANOOOOOOOTHER ONE HAHAHAHAHA.

My fave car is the bmw M5. What a monster that thing is. A 4.4 twin turbo v8 spitting out 560+bhp (That's just the quoted value) is just amazing. Especially considering it can leave cars like an r8 for dead.
Reply 93
It's a really very good car indeed! The S-Class are usually very advanced too!

Gotta love Porsche! They're the most successful manufacturer in Motorsport!

It sure as hell works around a track! It looked pretty damn cool on Top Gear last night!
It sure is! 666bhp, the number of the devil!

Its just the dream car really, its got some practical elements to it but never underestimate whats under the bonnet

Porsches look amazing too!

Really? damn i didnt see the episode, shame ive got GCSEs :frown:
Original post by ....Jeff458

My fave car is the bmw M5. What a monster that thing is. A 4.4 twin turbo v8 spitting out 560+bhp (That's just the quoted value) is just amazing. Especially considering it can leave cars like an r8 for dead.

A different kind of monster: BMW 550D super sleeper, looks like any other 5 series and its quiet and refined. Fastest diesel car in production 0-60 4.7 seconds and you'll get 50mpg+ on a run. Food for thought?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by drogon
Its just the dream car really, its got some practical elements to it but never underestimate whats under the bonnet

Porsches look amazing too!

Really? damn i didnt see the episode, shame ive got GCSEs :frown:

It's a good drea, car to have! Yes indeed, I bet it sounds great too! :biggrin:

They sure do! I'm loving the new 991 design! And the 959 too!

Yup! It was the car on the test track (with Jenson Button too!).
It was a lot better than last weeks (don't know if you saw that one?), it's well worth a watch!
Ah yeah that is a shame. But revision is more important!
Original post by Themini
A different kind of monster: BMW 550D super sleeper, looks like any other 5 series and its quiet and refined. Fastest diesel car in production 0-60 4.7 seconds and you'll get 50mpg+ on a run. Food for thought?

Food for thought???????????

But the BMW M5 is an ///M car and ///M cars are just amazing. I love all of them but the M5 the most.

The //M would mean that that the M5 has your stuff like your quad tailpipes, sport settings for handling suspension acceleration, it would have them godly side grills, it would have that mean looking front view with no fog lights. The back end would have flared arches slightly before the quad tailpipes. The M5 also comes with rare pieces of equipment like limited slip differentials that work so differently on an M5.

The M5 is brilliant. It is more comfortable than an ordinary 5 series which has been said by others when it's in comfort mode. It blends in but there is that sense that it is something special. Then, some guy tries and overtakes you and all you need to do is hit one of your M buttons or sport mode all your settings and flatten that accelerator to turn into a LOUD, AGGRESSIVE, MONSTER. It can be an absolute lunatic but so nice too. Best of both worlds. And it is the best car that does that. More than anything it's the surprise of the power. You don't expect a 4 door family car to outrun your Audi r8's and a lot of Lamborghini's and Ferrari's in the right conditions. That's impressive considering it costs less than half the price, goes faster most of the time and holds more ppl and can be more civilised if it wants!
Original post by ....Jeff458

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Ah excellent choice! I like the E60 M5! Top speed 204 mph :biggrin:
It sure is a monster! Mmm very nice indeed!
Most people wouldn't expect it either!
Speaking of R8's, I saw one earlier :biggrin:
List of fast cars you guys have driven or been in: Go! @Jeff458. @FireFreezer77
Original post by Themini
List of fast cars you guys have driven or been in: Go! @Jeff458. @FireFreezer77

Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder (2006)

That's literally it :frown:

I saw an Audi R8 today though :smile:
I've seen lots of interesting cars but not been in many!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply