The Student Room Group

WJEC AS CG1 Resit (6th June)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ariel Goldstein
Why was the paper green? I stole a copy after the exam

Yeah the green paper put me off. WJEC are ridiculous.
Why was the paper green? I stole a copy after the exam

lmao, you what?
Reply 62
Original post by illustions
Hey guys, what did you put for the first algorithm question as the outputs?
Was it simply just 3,6,9 and 12?

yh
Yeah the green paper put me off. WJEC are ridiculous.

green paper isnt as ridiculous as their cancer mark scheme
Original post by Kenconut

I know right, glad i'm not the only one that thinks that!
I know right glad i'm not the only one that thinks that!

"yeah lets change the definition for a macro 3 times"
"yeah lets change what we consider legitimate points for how operating systems provide interface, oh they provide easy navigation? nah mate lets change that to lets people access hardware settings, itll be sick"

"lets change the points we use as to why touch screens are a good form of input"

Truer words have never even spoken. Also, what was with that data types questions :L every year it is in the exact same format and this year they decided to make it a 5 marker :L
How is your revision for CG3 going guys?
Truer words have never even spoken. Also, what was with that data types questions :L every year it is in the exact same format and this year they decided to make it a 5 marker :L

i didnt think that was bad at all tbqh, its the same process, just youre giving the examples yourself
How is your revision for CG3 going guys?

i have other exams coming up, but with how that paper went, and my coursework grades over AS and A2, I have little concern for going ham on CG3... I have a 5 day uninterrupted period where i can just revise terminology, should be ok.

the plus side is if i get 90 or so marks on this paper, for the CG3 paper,I think id only need like 57 marks to get an overall A for the subject, so I have little to worry about
i didnt think that was bad at all tbqh, its the same process, just youre giving the examples yourself

I personally think they could have phrased the question better.
i have other exams coming up, but with how that paper went, and my coursework grades over AS and A2, I have little concern for going ham on CG3... I have a 5 day uninterrupted period where i can just revise terminology, should be ok.

the plus side is if i get 90 or so marks on this paper, for the CG3 paper,I think id only need like 57 marks to get an overall A for the subject, so I have little to worry about

Nice one, you will be fine, the grade boundaries will probably be very low for this exam.
I personally think they could have phrased the question better.

If im going to be honest, the only question i found really hard on that paper was the filling in of those 5 lines, took me about 40 mins after i finished all the questions to just sit there and mentally process what the f*ck i was meant to put, but i think i got there eventually

I got

boolean
Temp = SortArray
SortArray = SortArray[i+1]
SortArray[i+1] = Temp
FALSE
Reply 73
CG3 should be good got 8 days of revision time to do it :biggrin:
If im going to be honest, the only question i found really hard on that paper was the filling in of those 5 lines, took me about 40 mins after i finished all the questions to just sit there and mentally process what the f*ck i was meant to put, but i think i got there eventually

I got

boolean
Temp = SortArray
SortArray = SortArray[i+1]
SortArray[i+1] = Temp
FALSE

That question also took up the majority of my time. I think this was the only paper where I needed the full 3 hours to complete especially with all the 6 markers.
Nice one, you will be fine, the grade boundaries will probably be very low for this exam.

Hopefully, would be better for everyone if it was...

I only got a C in last years paper because I (regrettably) revised the whole subject off of taught subject content, rather than the mark scheme, which was a shame because the way WJEC works is if it isnt a bulletpoint, its "wrong"... basically coming up with a valid point that isnt one of their obscure marking bulletpoints means your answer is incorrect and you dont get credit

Evidently revising off mark schemes has paid off here, so I plan to do the same for CG3 and go for that safe A grade rather than potentially sabotaging my other subjects just to bust my ass off for the Computing A*
That question also took up the majority of my time. I think this was the only paper where I needed the full 3 hours to complete especially with all the 6 markers.

did you get the same answer in the end??

and tbf i thought a lot of the present 6 markers were really decent ones, Ive never really struggled with remembering fixed + variable, benefits of social networking, paper vs computer

i did take some time to remember some of the retarded wjec points for voice dictation, like locations such as "nantyflln" or nouns or terms such as "cwtch" and other welsh sh*te
(edited 7 years ago)
did you get the same answer in the end??

and tbf i thought a lot of the present 6 markers were really decent ones, Ive never really struggled with remembering fixed + variable, benefits of social networking, paper vs computer

The managing resources and vocabulary dictation question was also quite easy. what points did you put for the paper vs computer?
I guarantee all the mark schemes are written in welsh and lost in translation when written in english. Also do you think the welsh have an unfair advantage in WJEC exams?
The managing resources and vocabulary dictation question was also quite easy. what points did you put for the paper vs computer?

backing up is time consuming as it involves rewriting each individual paper record, computer is easier as it provides facilites to make process convenient i.e. drag and drop database files into different directories, simply plug in a data storage device and transfer to that bla bla bla

Amending a record with paper system is difficult and time consuming as it involves rewriting the entire paper record even if just a single field is being amended, computer is better as it allows you to select single field without changing other fields, uses the data already on system bla bla, convenience

Difficult to put data into usable order as youd have to sift through individual record and sort into piles/ whatever order wanted, computer is easier as you can simply use built in functions like filtering, quering the data to produce wanted reports bla bla

basically literally everything comes down to just convenience and time saving

you couldve said about being harder to read on paper as handwriting could be illegible, but i think it may have been one of the points already in the question itself
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending