The Student Room Group

A Level A2 OCR Media Studies

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Any predictions for Section 1A and 1B?
Original post by pins-xo
Any predictions for Section 1A and 1B?

Looking back at past papers, the one's which have come up the least would be:

1a. Post-production or Digital Technology (twice each)
1b. Audience or Media Language (once each)

That said, it really isn't that predictable. Unfortunately, examiners are always trying to catch you out on unexpected questions, so you really need to revise it all. In other words, basically ignore this post haha. Kinda hoping media language doesn't come up in all honesty.
Reply 22
Original post by needanewusername
Looking back at past papers, the one's which have come up the least would be:

1a. Post-production or Digital Technology (twice each)
1b. Audience or Media Language (once each)

That said, it really isn't that predictable. Unfortunately, examiners are always trying to catch you out on unexpected questions, so you really need to revise it all. In other words, basically ignore this post haha. Kinda hoping media language doesn't come up in all honesty.

I've only been focusing on those as its come up the least, but thanks for your help :smile:
I'm going to be so shocked if Audience or Media Language does not come up
Original post by pins-xo
I've only been focusing on those as its come up the least, but thanks for your help :smile:

No problem, best of luck, and I hope these come up in the exam then :smile:
Damn... so Research and Planning for 1a and Media Language for 1b what did you guys think?
Original post by historymania
Damn... so Research and Planning for 1a and Media Language for 1b what did you guys think?

Research and Planning was pretty average for me, would have preferred post-production or digital technology, but at least it wasn't one of those questions which combines two of the topics so I'm still fairly happy with that.

I was initially dreading the thought of Media Language coming up, but in hindsight I think that actually went quite well.

Overall I'm feeling content with how that went. Definitely wasn't a disaster, but could have gone a bit better I guess. Didn't get to write quite as much as I wanted on the postmodernism question but I feel I wrote enough. Not complaining though. How about you?
Original post by needanewusername
Research and Planning was pretty average for me, would have preferred post-production or digital technology, but at least it wasn't one of those questions which combines two of the topics so I'm still fairly happy with that.

I was initially dreading the thought of Media Language coming up, but in hindsight I think that actually went quite well.

Overall I'm feeling content with how that went. Definitely wasn't a disaster, but could have gone a bit better I guess. Didn't get to write quite as much as I wanted on the postmodernism question but I feel I wrote enough. Not complaining though. How about you?

yeah i agree, digital tech would have been great. Media language went OK. I didn't have enough time so i feel like the level of depth was not good enough.

I did collective identity for section B which also went OK. It could have been worse i agree. Overall i feel mediocre, guess we just have to wait and see
yeah i agree, digital tech would have been great. Media language went OK. I didn't have enough time so i feel like the level of depth was not good enough.

I did collective identity for section B which also went OK. It could have been worse i agree. Overall i feel mediocre, guess we just have to wait and see

Yeah, I struggled a bit for time as well, would never have expected it in a 2 hour exam.

Yup, I guess so. Well, best of luck anyway, hope you've done well:smile:

My media language went alright, i just talk about symbolic codes and how the use of costume connoted meaning like the bloody clothes for the antagonist which connotes danger and Horror (my couserwork was a horror trailer ) for technologic codes theory i said the use of high angles to show the protagonist being wear ect didn't have much time for the question 2 but i still was able to write a lot of little points so over all i feel like i was able to get

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending