The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mollyadtr
Yeah if it specifically says post 2010 reforms otherwise you can mention any reforms...look at the pictures I attached above from the politics review, it's got the evasion of post 2010 constitutional reforms

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah thanks i will check em out

can't wait till this exam is over

only really easy questions can save me lol
Original post by xxvine

Ah I bet you'll be fine ! You seem like you know your stuff from how much I've seen you on here too

Posted from TSR Mobile
If ya want my powerpoints I've got for constitution and parliament to help you look back through the thread (it won't take only its on the other page) and I attached them to someone else who needed them too

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries, I already have them which I'll be using. Thanks, by the way! :smile:

Just a lot of work to cover in a short amount of time. Stressing me out! :s-smilie:
Original post by xxvine

On your profile you're an overlord of the chat so you must know something 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah I bet you'll be fine ! You seem like you know your stuff from how much I've seen you on here too

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope

you need loads of examples for unit 2 right

i hardly have any
Original post by UKStudent17
No worries, I already have them which I'll be using. Thanks, by the way! :smile:

Just a lot of work to cover in a short amount of time. Stressing me out! :s-smilie:

I know it is quite a lot...but the stuff on sovereignty links in with parliament...perhaps just use the PowerPoint to make essay plans or tables or mind maps or another way you feel confident about? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxvine
nope

you need loads of examples for unit 2 right

i hardly have any

To be honest you don't, it's more about content, like for pm yeah there are examples but if you use the 3 studies that's just as good, the only real examples are of reform and examples of what pms do

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be honest you don't, it's more about content, like for pm yeah there are examples but if you use the 3 studies that's just as good, the only real examples are of reform and examples of what pms do

Posted from TSR Mobile

for parliament you do right? and constitution?

is 'for and against a coalition' part of our spec?
Original post by xxvine

unit 1 territory. You need to know how coalition affected the relationship, i.e. more rebellions, weakened collective responsibility
Reply 169
What's an example of Cameron being asked a question of question-time, and what was his answer please? Just need 1 or 2 short ones please!!
Original post by xxvine

Constitution is practically just the reforms nd particular cases like the belmarsh case which is an obvious one
Parliament I guess there are examples like questions for ministers but in the mock I didn't use many examples and I still managed to get an a...you probs next examples for the types of select committed there are but that's easy like education, welfare the nhs and so on
You'll need some examples for the functions but they're simple like for scrutiny accountability you can say prime ministers question times holds the government to account and scrutinises what they are doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxvine

And unit 2 you don't need to know stats as much as you do for unit one so that makes it easier

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foji
What's an example of Cameron being asked a question of question-time, and what was his answer please? Just need 1 or 2 short ones please!!

Maybe just watch question time on Wednesday so you have a really super contemporary question to show off in the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe just watch question time on Wednesday so you have a really super contemporary question to show off in the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol
I know it is quite a lot...but the stuff on sovereignty links in with parliament...perhaps just use the PowerPoint to make essay plans or tables or mind maps or another way you feel confident about? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. A lot of you have provided great guides and information, so I'll take a look at them and try and get to grips with it.

I'll probably cover Parliament tomorrow morning and then the Constitution in the afternoon, then just review everything done so far in the evening.

A good night's sleep will probably clear my head. Woke up very early today to prepare for the exam; I'm shattered now!
Original post by xxvine
Lol

https://twitter.com/tasnia_x/status/739810404428328960
There are real tears in my eyes this is actually hilarious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UKStudent17
Yeah. A lot of you have provided great guides and information, so I'll take a look at them and try and get to grips with it.

I'll probably cover Parliament tomorrow morning and then the Constitution in the afternoon, then just review everything done so far in the evening.

A good night's sleep will probably clear my head. Woke up very early today to prepare for the exam; I'm shattered now!

Yeah i think that's what I'll do, especially trying to revise around lessons is still tricky though, ill probably see ya around on the thread tomorrow🤓

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah i think that's what I'll do, especially trying to revise around lessons is still tricky though, ill probably see ya around on the thread tomorrow🤓

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably will :tongue: Seeya soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't have study leave/?!!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending