The Student Room Group

Is it weird to date someone with a two year age gap?

I'm 17, turning 18 in November but my boyfriend is 15, turning 16 in August. Is that weird?
It depends how mature and how well you get on. Wont he be doing HCSE, when you will be thinking about Uni and or leaving? If it works for you I wouldnt worry.
Original post by BeckyQuirke
I'm 17, turning 18 in November but my boyfriend is 15, turning 16 in August. Is that weird?

Some people will say that just cause your guy is younger that it's weird but those are just stupid double standards. It's not weird unless you do illegal stuff which would make you a paedophile by law.
Reply 3

A bit unusual now but in 2 or 3 years it will not matter
Original post by Gaya Ramanathan
Some people will say that just cause your guy is younger that it's weird but those are just stupid double standards. It's not weird unless you do illegal stuff which would make you a paedophile by law.

nah nothing like that. I'm new to the whole relationship thing aha, wouldn't be jumping in to anything. Thanks though :smile:
Reply 5

No, it's fine.
Omg!! I'm in exactly the same situation, and started a similar thread about two weeks ago (called younger than me). I'm 16 turning 17 and the boy I like is 14 turning 15. There are some interesting comments on that thread, if you can find it. But I understand exactly how you're feeling!
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
It depends how mature and how well you get on. Wont he be doing HCSE, when you will be thinking about Uni and or leaving? If it works for you I wouldnt worry.

he's in year 11 now and i'm in year 12. He'll be coming to the same college as me next year.
Reply 8
Original post by Skipper12345
Omg!! I'm in exactly the same situation, and started a similar thread about two weeks ago (called younger than me). I'm 16 turning 17 and the boy I like is 14 turning 15. There are some interesting comments on that thread, if you can find it. But I understand exactly how you're feeling!

Thank you so much! I don't know why its so weird when the roles are reversed, not as many people care when a girl dates an older guy? At least at my school they seem not to.
Thank you so much! I don't know why its so weird when the roles are reversed, not as many people care when a girl dates an older guy? At least at my school they seem not to.

Tbh that's usually just because girls mature quicker than boys, so a 17/18 year old boy probably has the same maturity level as a 15/16 year old girl. Not true for everyone though. I don't think it's a sexist double standard or anything, just girls are usually way more mature for their age than boys.
its not weird.

my crush's date of birth is in 2084, whereas mine is in 1997. We have 87 years between us. I still love him

(he's 2D)
he's in year 11 now and i'm in year 12. He'll be coming to the same college as me next year.

If it works, dont worry about it. You mught find he's less mature than you, although that isnt everyone.
No. Yes. Sometimes.

I'm so used to TSR threads have 10-20 year age gaps, that this really seems so small in comparison. :lol:

Right now, I'd say it's a bit big, as in your teens the difference in maturity between a few years is quite big imo. But it's not so much to worry about. :h:

Edit:

I'm turning 18 in November too! :five:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Gaya Ramanathan

No, the usual double standards makes the young guy a lad and the older girl a cougar, but the younger girl would be a victim.

OP, do what you want as long as it's relatively legal

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, my school was like that, and there's been a romour about us for the last couple of years anyway (although I didn't realise I actually did like home until I came to sixth form). The problem for me is that I only ever see Hume in the holidays, as I now board at an all girls school. And also, in terms of school years, not ages, he's currently in year 9 and I'm in year 12... So some may say I'm even weirder. But at the moment we're just good friends anyway!
Not at all.
So he's in like year 10/11 and you're in upper sixth?
That's kinda hot.
How does that even happen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending