The Student Room Group

Someone help me with this situation.

I'm 19 year old boy from Bristol and have been talking to this girl for about 4 months. We talked last year but I kind of messed it up and when I asked her to be my girlfriend she said no cos of exams and stuff. We began talking again a while ago and exams are still a priority as this is our final year of a level and both hope to go to Manchester. We met up a few days ago and it was so great. Got on so well, kissed and felt right. Met her a few times now but she fakes in the past due to exams. Over the last few days we haven't talked much and only talk on snapchat at like 9 o clock but not for very long. She gives me loads of signs that she likes me but just stuff like openly snap chats and not replying to later and not talking as much can be frustrating and start to think of I've done something wrong. I plan to ask her to be my girlfriend in summer As I think with exams being done we will have more time and talk. I overthink things and get very paranoid. Should I be worried or just overthinking way too much?
Your overthinking this bro, just let the relationship between you two do it's own thing... Also I love how not only you didn't go anonymous but you included the city your from haha
Reply 2
Original post by Georgelizmera
I'm 19 year old boy from Bristol and have been talking to this girl for about 4 months. We talked last year but I kind of messed it up and when I asked her to be my girlfriend she said no cos of exams and stuff. We began talking again a while ago and exams are still a priority as this is our final year of a level and both hope to go to Manchester. We met up a few days ago and it was so great. Got on so well, kissed and felt right. Met her a few times now but she fakes in the past due to exams. Over the last few days we haven't talked much and only talk on snapchat at like 9 o clock but not for very long. She gives me loads of signs that she likes me but just stuff like openly snap chats and not replying to later and not talking as much can be frustrating and start to think of I've done something wrong. I plan to ask her to be my girlfriend in summer As I think with exams being done we will have more time and talk. I overthink things and get very paranoid. Should I be worried or just overthinking way too much?

Maybe she is shy
If I was in your shoes I'd take a step back and let her do some of the work. To me it sounds like you're the one whos chasing her at this point and she's just happily ticking along, not replying, not talking to you e.t.c

The fact that you are picking up on signs that she likes you is good, and you said that you two kissed right? That's more or less concrete evidence that she likes you.

So play it cool, chill out and let her come to you, if she really likes you she'll keep in contact with you, message you, ask you out to places e.t.c

Also quick tip, dont ask a girl to be your girlfriend, this isnt primary school :biggrin: Just keep going out on dates, if you two get along and things progress towards being a couple then you can say to her you like her or you have feelings for her. I know a lot of girls find it a put-off if you ask them to be your girlfriend, found out from experience!

Good luck pal.
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Your overthinking this bro, just let the relationship between you two do it's own thing... Also I love how not only you didn't go anonymous but you included the city your from haha

Lol should have went anonymous! Do you think that it's reasonable to think that it's cos she's under a lot of stress that she isn't thinking about it as much and in summer things will start to move forward?
Original post by CptConnor
If I was in your shoes I'd take a step back and let her do some of the work. To me it sounds like you're the one whos chasing her at this point and she's just happily ticking along, not replying, not talking to you e.t.c

The fact that you are picking up on signs that she likes you is good, and you said that you two kissed right? That's more or less concrete evidence that she likes you.

So play it cool, chill out and let her come to you, if she really likes you she'll keep in contact with you, message you, ask you out to places e.t.c

Also quick tip, dont ask a girl to be your girlfriend, this isnt primary school :biggrin: Just keep going out on dates, if you two get along and things progress towards being a couple then you can say to her you like her or you have feelings for her. I know a lot of girls find it a put-off if you ask them to be your girlfriend, found out from experience!

Good luck pal.

Thanks man. It's not that she doesent reply she always does just over the past few days it's got less and won't talk until like 9. Yeah i know. Think she plays kinda hard to get sometimes
Original post by Georgelizmera
Lol should have went anonymous! Do you think that it's reasonable to think that it's cos she's under a lot of stress that she isn't thinking about it as much and in summer things will start to move forward?

yes that's the key, she's not thinking about you so if you message her and ring her up loads she's gonna be repulsed... you don't want that, so give her some space and don't message her, just be the best you can be and live your life trust me she'll come around patience is super important with girls
[QUOTE="JavaScriptMaster;65512897"]yes that's the key, she's not thinking about you so if you message her and ring her up loads she's gonna be repulsed... you don't want that, so give her some space and don't message her, just be the best you can be and live your life trust me she'll come around patience is super important with girls[/QUOTE
Great advice mate thanks. I always give her space. She's just got her priorities figured out and I don't. I think I'll just chill out about it, wait to get to summer and then take it from there.
>OP - You've gotten great advice here. I especially like what Cpt Conner had to say.

So.... here is my two cents. I agree, do not ask her to be your girlfriend. To be honest that sounds a bit immature. Like Cpt Conner said above you just keep going out and hopefully over time see each other more and more. Then after a few more months if you are regularly seeing, texting and kissing her then ask if she wants to make your relationship official maybe on facebook or whatever.

My next bit of advice is don't make it official until you're both a uni. If you both get into Manchester then there are going to be a whole bunch of new people to meet. You may not want to meet and date new people but she may. Give her some space to explore her new surrounding and the people there. Still keep in touch during that time though. Then after a few months at uni you can reconnect with her and see where your relationship goes at that point. But, there is the possibility that one of you doesn't get into Manchester and you certainly don't want to set yourself up for the prospect of a LDR by getting too serious over the summer.

Well that is just my opinion. Good Luck!
Original post by Hopefully1
>OP - You've gotten great advice here. I especially like what Cpt Conner had to say.

So.... here is my two cents. I agree, do not ask her to be your girlfriend. To be honest that sounds a bit immature. Like Cpt Conner said above you just keep going out and hopefully over time see each other more and more. Then after a few more months if you are regularly seeing, texting and kissing her then ask if she wants to make your relationship official maybe on facebook or whatever.

My next bit of advice is don't make it official until you're both a uni. If you both get into Manchester then there are going to be a whole bunch of new people to meet. You may not want to meet and date new people but she may. Give her some space to explore her new surrounding and the people there. Still keep in touch during that time though. Then after a few months at uni you can reconnect with her and see where your relationship goes at that point. But, there is the possibility that one of you doesn't get into Manchester and you certainly don't want to set yourself up for the prospect of a LDR by getting too serious over the summer.

Well that is just my opinion. Good Luck!

That's great advice. I just really like her but I'm getting the feeling now that I'm kind of boring her as we both have stuff to do but I feel like I'm doing all the chasing. She sent me a one word reply not so long ago late at night and kinda bummed me out. I feel like I'm gonna need to have a talk with her about it over the summer just to get things off of my chest and then go from there
She could just be studying for exams a lot. Last year, I only spoke to my boyfriend in the evenings because of exams...
Dont catch feelings at the age of 19 bro

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending