The Student Room Group

Retaking Science GCSE

I failed my Science GCSE last year and have been wondering if I would be able to retake somewhere else as a private candidate seeing as my school won't allow it and I'm leaving this year, anyway.

Would I have to resit my practical exams? (even though I passed them)
Or can I just do the exams as normal?

Thanks for your help! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by tyriontargaryen
I failed my Science GCSE last year and have been wondering if I would be able to retake somewhere else as a private candidate seeing as my school won't allow it and I'm leaving this year, anyway.

Would I have to resit my practical exams? (even though I passed them)
Or can I just do the exams as normal?

You can carry forward your controlled assessment mark and just re-sit (all) the exams. The next chance is Summer 2017, the entry deadline is Feb 17.
Original post by Compost
You can carry forward your controlled assessment mark and just re-sit (all) the exams. The next chance is Summer 2017, the entry deadline is Feb 17.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Is all that's left for me is to find an exam centre?
Reply 3
Original post by tyriontargaryen
Thanks for your quick reply!

Is all that's left for me is to find an exam centre?

Don't ring them before July as they will be busy with this year's exams. Early October might be a good time.
Original post by Compost
Don't ring them before July as they will be busy with this year's exams. Early October might be a good time.

Oh, I already sent e-mails to a few schools that apparently take Private Candidates for AQA but didn't get many replies. This explains why.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply