The Student Room Group

Computing AS Paper 06/06/2016 AQA

Ok firstly did anyone else sit this paper or was it just us (My school).
Secondly what did people think of it? Personally I thought it was one of the worst papers I have EVER seen across all subjects.

I haven't seen any other threads on this paper and I don't know if this is in the correct place but yeh ...

So anyway Did you/your school sit the paper, what did you think of the paper, how well do you think you have done?

~ Kinsey
Reply 1
I agree, the theory questions were alright except for the trace table which seemed more difficult than any I've done before. The last 2 programming questions caught everyone at my school out. Hoping for low boundaries as I missed out the last question :'(
I THINK I did ok on the programming questions but overall I did absolutely Shocking, The trace table really screwed my timings up and it didnt help that I programmed the wrong algorithm and then had to go bad and re-do it, Didn't bother doing ANY testing for the programming except for the first one and I didn't link any of them either
Reply 3
From what I've heard a lot of people have found this a lot harder than previous papers. Also this is new spec so I'm really hopeful for low grade boundaries but I don't think it'll drop below 70% :frown:. I found the theory questions alright but the apart from the pseudocode and first programming question I really struggled. Also what the f*** do Aardvarks have to do with computing? Are we all gonna just let that slide :'D
Oh my god, an A-level exam with programming? I wish I was there...
Reply 5
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Oh my god, an A-level exam with programming? I wish I was there...

Wish I wasn't :biggrin: I can't program to save my life
Original post by Shad47
Wish I wasn't :biggrin: I can't program to save my life

I wish I had an apprentice like you.... come young paddewan, The JavaScript Master is here
Reply 7
I wish I had an apprentice like you.... come young paddewan, The JavaScript Master is here

Will you be able to transform me into the next programming mastermind?
I only know C# and Python however :frown:
Original post by Shad47
Will you be able to transform me into the next programming mastermind?
I only know C# and Python however :frown:

I can do anything, and I loooooooove C#. Not Python though, Python can f*ck off!
Reply 9
I can do anything, and I loooooooove C#. Not Python though, Python can f*ck off!

Hahaha :biggrin: I've only done python up to GCSE level and find it a lot easier. The exam I took today was in C# but the questions completely screwed me over :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending