The Student Room Group

Protostar's journey to amazing grades! (GCSE)

Scroll to see replies

3/06/2016 - Evening update

So today's been very unproductive, however I have tried to turn it around in the last hour :tongue:

Today I have:
-78 German vocab mastered on Memrise (still got so many more to learn before Wednesday but oh well)
-FINALLY finished C6 notes - genuinely the longest module I have ever encountered!

Definitely stopping for the day as I'm just knackered! Although if I go to sleep soon I can get up early tomorrow and be productive for a change :wink:
You've got your own thread 🤔🤔🤔🤔 I never knew about this.

~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~
Original post by NiamhM1801
Hello! :smile: Yeah haha I've had it since February! (Strange to think TSR has been a part of my life for this long :tongue:)
Thank you :biggrin:

haha, i have had TSR since February also. it has had a very positive impact on my life :smile:
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
You've got your own thread 🤔🤔🤔🤔 I never knew about this.

~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~

Indeed I do, I used to update here a lot more than on Zoe's thread but that's kinda changed now haha

Original post by hannahrobinsxn
haha, i have had TSR since February also. it has had a very positive impact on my life :smile:

Same here! I just decided to make a little thread on an impulse but I've met so many amazing people (including both of you) that I couldn't imagine my life without it now! (Ok that was soppy I'm sorry :tongue:)
Indeed I do, I used to update here a lot more than on Zoe's thread but that's kinda changed now haha

Same here! I just decided to make a little thread on an impulse but I've met so many amazing people (including both of you) that I couldn't imagine my life without it now! (Ok that was soppy I'm sorry :tongue:)

aw thank-you very much niamh, it has been a pleasure to meet you to :smile: no, of course you aren't being 'soppy,' i couldn't imagine my life without the student room either! 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
4/06/2016 - Evening update

Ok...I know this doesn't seem like a lot but it has genuinely taken me from 11am until now to do all of this (including breaks of course)

Today I have:
-77 German vocab mastered on Memrise (this didn't take long, maybe 45 minutes at most. I'll do more before I go to bed too)
-C7.1 notes completed (this took a reasonable amount of time, but it was relatively easy stuff)
-C7.2 notes completed (I've spent absolutely hours on this. It's SO LONG and I also wanted to take my time as this is the section of C7 that made me want to cry when we learnt it as none of it made sense at all, I get it now though :smile:)

I'm going to start C7.3 before I go to bed too. It's SO INFURIATING the amount of time I take to do things, I wish I was speedy :frown:
Hey!

I absolutely applaud you! You've been so dedicated (more than I have) although this half term I've completely it's really bad!

I noticed you took GCSE PE! it's so hard to find another girl that does GCSE PE! What board do you do and how was your practical?
Original post by _chloeematt
Hey!

I absolutely applaud you! You've been so dedicated (more than I have) although this half term I've completely it's really bad!

I noticed you took GCSE PE! it's so hard to find another girl that does GCSE PE! What board do you do and how was your practical?

Hey there!

Aw thank you! Although similarly I haven't really been on it this half term either :s-smilie:

Yes I did (sort of regret it though haha) and yeah I know I don't think I've found anyone else yet! I'm pretty bad at it though...I do AQA and my practical score (+coursework) came out as 60/90 which definitely isn't great! How was yours?
Hey there!

Aw thank you! Although similarly I haven't really been on it this half term either :s-smilie:

Yes I did (sort of regret it though haha) and yeah I know I don't think I've found anyone else yet! I'm pretty bad at it though...I do AQA and my practical score (+coursework) came out as 60/90 which definitely isn't great! How was yours?

I do Edexcel PE and hope to take it on at A level and degree level. I got full marks in my practical and was the only one in my class to do so! How do you feel your exam went I heard you guys have like 8 markers and stuff in your paper! What are you expecting to get overall and what sports did you do?
Original post by _chloeematt
I do Edexcel PE and hope to take it on at A level and degree level. I got full marks in my practical and was the only one in my class to do so! How do you feel your exam went I heard you guys have like 8 markers and stuff in your paper! What are you expecting to get overall and what sports did you do?

Oh wow that's amazing! Good luck for your sporty future haha :tongue:
We started off doing Edexcel but then they decided that AQA would be easier so we switched 2 months in. I think the exam went pretty well, quite confident that I got an A* in it but we'll have to see. Because of my practical scores I'm looking at a C at best though lmao :s-smilie:. And yeah we have 2 8 markers in our paper but they're based on preliminary material so it's relatively easy to predict what they'll be - they were decent this year :smile:. And my sports were Hockey, Fitness (Circuit Training), Netball and Rounders, what about you? And I take it you're going for an A* then?
6/06/2016 - Late update (sorry!)

I had such good intentions for today, and I guess I kind of did a lot now I think about it. Back to exams tomorrow, English language as well :unimpressed::unimpressed: I'm winging it though and hoping Edexcel are keeping up their kind streak...:s-smilie:

Today I have:
-319 German vocab mastered on Memrise (so many words!! Although it means I've only got to master 269 tomorrow ahead of the exams on Wednesday :smile:)
-the majority of C7.5 notes made (the very end of it confused me so I'm holding off on it for a bit while I get the more pressing revision done)
-geography population notes completed incl case studies (needed to get this out of the way today to make sure I've got enough time for the other 2 units tomorrow, fingers crossed I still do)

It's been really really hot and sunny today! :biggrin: Although it has meant that my hayfever has been terrible even after taking my tablet for it, really hope it's a bit better tomorrow as I dont want to be that person sniffling for the whole exam! :s-smilie:
6/06/2016 - Late update (sorry!)

I had such good intentions for today, and I guess I kind of did a lot now I think about it. Back to exams tomorrow, English language as well :unimpressed::unimpressed: I'm winging it though and hoping Edexcel are keeping up their kind streak...:s-smilie:

Today I have:
-319 German vocab mastered on Memrise (so many words!! Although it means I've only got to master 269 tomorrow ahead of the exams on Wednesday :smile:)
-the majority of C7.5 notes made (the very end of it confused me so I'm holding off on it for a bit while I get the more pressing revision done)
-geography population notes completed incl case studies (needed to get this out of the way today to make sure I've got enough time for the other 2 units tomorrow, fingers crossed I still do)

It's been really really hot and sunny today! :biggrin: Although it has meant that my hayfever has been terrible even after taking my tablet for it, really hope it's a bit better tomorrow as I dont want to be that person sniffling for the whole exam! :s-smilie:

Well done 👏👏👏👏👏👏

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
7/06/2016 - Afternoon update
11 DOWN, 12 TO GO...
ENGLISH IS OVER!!! :yay:
I think the exam went pretty well too - I got to talk about Curley's wife which was a bonus! :smile:

3 exams tomorrow :s-smilie: although two of them are German so no issue at all :biggrin: I'm currently cramming geography - I've got until 11pm to learn 2 years worth of content! :s-smilie: Hopefully I can do it (should probably get off TSR for a start!)
11 DOWN, 12 TO GO...
I think the exam went pretty well too - I got to talk about Curley's wife which was a bonus! :smile:

3 exams tomorrow :s-smilie: although two of them are German so no issue at all :biggrin: I'm currently cramming geography - I've got until 11pm to learn 2 years worth of content! :s-smilie: Hopefully I can do it (should probably get off TSR for a start!)

Good luck. I'm sure you'll be able to do it. If not then you'll have no choice but to do an all night long. 👏👏👏👏👍👍👍👍

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Good luck. I'm sure you'll be able to do it. If not then you'll have no choice but to do an all night long. 👏👏👏👏👍👍👍👍

Thank you. And yeah true, I'm NOT having a repeat of the physical paper! (God that was horrendous...)
Thank you. And yeah true, I'm NOT having a repeat of the physical paper! (God that was horrendous...)

No worries. I don't remember you mentioning that. Never mind. Go and get them girl 👍👍👍👍

No worries. I don't remember you mentioning that. Never mind. Go and get them girl 👍👍👍👍

Yeah I kind of tried to forget about it tbh and not let it put me off my other exams. Thanks, I will 💪🏻👍🏻
Yeah I kind of tried to forget about it tbh and not let it put me off my other exams. Thanks, I will 💪🏻👍🏻

Those biceps 😍😍😍. Lol. That's the best thing to do... Forget. Just focus on what you have at hand. I'm sure you'll ace it anyway.

11 DOWN, 12 TO GO...

Yay! I'm guessing you did Edexcel? I was so happy when dreams came up - Curley's wife yesssss!

Good luck with tomorrow - I've got German and Geography (OCR) too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Those biceps 😍😍😍. Lol. That's the best thing to do... Forget. Just focus on what you have at hand. I'm sure you'll ace it anyway.

I know so hench 💪🏻😂. And yeah, I'm just gonna try pull it back in this paper, pretty sure I will. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending