The Student Room Group

I think Britain is going to remain in the EU.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DorianGrayism
Well, it won't if they want to have access to the single market. Quite frankly, nothing will change if they want access to the single market.

However, I don't think Brexiters are really that concerned with the economy. That is why they talk about the "long term" without specifying what it is.

It is mutually beneficial to have free trade. Hence why they've offered it to vietnam, Colombia, Ukraine and other nations of minimal consequence. If you think conditions of free movement and 200m+ net contribution a week is a fair price for what we actually get from full membership you are living in cloud coo coo land.

You scoff about brexit long term vagueness then don't address the fact that few in britain want a european army, ever closer political union or be identiifed with this ridiculous artificially made 'european' nationhood which is crumbling at the foundations as we speak.
Well, it wasn't a statement. It was a survery of 100+ companies that employ 300,000 + people.

If you have a crap job as grad then you probably took a crap degree. Let's be serious.

Why would you expect EU immigration to meet immigration standards? The entire point is to have cheap labour from eastern europe.

That wasn't the point of the EU it was formed at a time when western europe all had similar standards and it was similarly distributed. It had nothing to do with making minimum wage slaves for large corporations at the expense of local communities europe wide.

Mate you don't even know me i probs have a better education than you so get off your high horse are you even out of A levels?
Original post by AverageExcellence
It is mutually beneficial to have free trade. Hence why they've offered it to vietnam, Colombia, Ukraine and other nations of minimal consequence. If you think conditions of free movement and 200m+ net contribution a week is a fair price for what we actually get from full membership you are living in cloud coo coo land.

You scoff about brexit long term vagueness then don't address the fact that few in britain want a european army, ever closer political union or be identiifed with this ridiculous artificially made 'european' nationhood which is crumbling at the foundations as we speak.

It is a very fair price. We only pay about 200 million when we send more than 3 billion of exports every year to the EU. Actually, since we get the rebate, we pay disproportionately less than other countries.

If it is crumbling then you don't have to worry about it then.
That wasn't the point of the EU it was formed at a time when western europe all had similar standards and it was similarly distributed. It had nothing to do with making minimum wage slaves for large corporations at the expense of local communities europe wide.

Mate you don't even know me i probs have a better education than you so get off your high horse are you even out of A levels?

Err na. I am a Doctor. How about you?
Reply 164

In the NHS?
It is a very fair price. We only pay about 200 million when we send more than 3 billion of exports every year to the EU. Actually, since we get the rebate, we pay disproportionately less than other countries.

If it is crumbling then you don't have to worry about it then.

lool you are either trolling or are just retarded. If you are paying net 200m a week and export 3000 billion every year (to private businesses who make profit to which you only get a fraction of that in tax). Then you don't know much about economics to realise that it is not a favorable deal to the electorate
Original post by EuanF
In the NHS?

What difference does that make?
Reply 167
What difference does that make?

I'm just interested. Are you working in the NHS?
I don't want us to stay in but I think we will. Everyone's so desperate to keep the status quo and all this 'we don't know what will happen if we leave' crap is going to scare people off even more.
Well, it wasn't a statement. It was a survery of 100+ companies that employ 300,000 + people.

If you have a crap job as grad then you probably took a crap degree. Let's be serious.

Why would you expect EU immigration to meet immigration standards? The entire point is to have cheap labour from eastern europe.

You see I can respect that honesty. Obviously extremely selfish im alright jack attitude that is basically what the pro leave argument is

Depress the peasant wages, Price them out of homes, overburden their public services... big business and the well to do make a killing at the expense of the poor all handled and dictated by anti democratic Elite.

Amazing Labour and people who would call themselves liberal support this
lool you are either trolling or are just retarded. If you are paying net 200m a week and export 3000 billion every year (to private businesses who make profit to which you only get a fraction of that in tax). Then you don't know much about economics to realise that it is not a favorable deal to the electorate

Sorry, 3 billion every week.

Anyway, you are just making things up when you claim that you only get a fraction of that in tax. You sound like a left wing nut case.

Lool no wonder you got a chip on your shoulder then, you picked the wrong profession i hope Old Jezza puts you to the wall you greedy overworked fools. Im still just finishing up my degree but ive got an offer for Fast Stream..

You see when i make arguments i don't just think about myself I think about others and what is best for everyone.
Lool no wonder you got a chip on your shoulder then, you picked the wrong profession i hope Old Jezza puts you to the wall you greedy overworked fools. Im still just finishing up my degree but ive got an offer for Fast Stream..

You see when i make arguments i don't just think about myself I think about others and what is best for everyone.

People voting remain aren't thinking beyond the end of their noses. I've seen a sickening number of people saying they're voting remain because 'they don't want a visa when they go on holiday'. Selfish beyond belief
Original post by Betelgeuse-
You see I can respect that honesty. Obviously extremely selfish im alright jack attitude that is basically what the pro leave argument is

Depress the peasant wages, Price them out of homes, overburden their public services... big business and the well to do make a killing at the expense of the poor all handled and dictated by anti democratic Elite.

Amazing Labour and people who would call themselves liberal support this

Well, I am not definitely not Labour.

Poor people are going to remain poor regardless. Either you can have low wages and have cheaper goods or you can have higher wages and more expensive goods.

That is just a product of capitalism.

The tax system is set up to allow that to continue even if you are part of the EU or not.
Sorry, 3 billion every week.

Anyway, you are just making things up when you claim that you only get a fraction of that in tax. You sound like a left wing nut case.

You sound like a jumped up ponce who picked a crumbling profession, you're better off donating your time to war efforts for free you might get some better conditions like an apple for lunch and a bowl of rice for tea.

As for your claim it is based on the completely flawed assumption that we need free trade for it to be profitable which we don't. Corporations don't want to pick up the tab for trading they want us to. They can do one and so can you ill send you a box of tissues when we leave
Original post by infairverona
People voting remain aren't thinking beyond the end of their noses. I've seen a sickening number of people saying they're voting remain because 'they don't want a visa when they go on holiday'. Selfish beyond belief

Its ridiculous you don't need a visa to go many places outside the EU, US for instance you get 90 days and even somewhere far out like Malaysia offer you 90 days, vietnam even offers 14 days lol.
You sound like a jumped up ponce who picked a crumbling profession, you're better off donating your time to war efforts for free you might get some better conditions like an apple for lunch and a bowl of rice for tea.

As for your claim it is based on the completely flawed assumption that we need free trade for it to be profitable which we don't. Corporations don't want to pick up the tab for trading they want us to. They can do one and so can you ill send you a box of tissues when we leave

Lol. What is with the hurt attitude? Did you do Bio-med?
Its ridiculous you don't need a visa to go many places outside the EU, US for instance you get 90 days and even somewhere far out like Malaysia offer you 90 days, vietnam even offers 14 days lol.

People are just selfish. How often do we go on holiday, maybe once a year? Even if you need a visa for that once a year it's not much to ask. I'm so sick of students in the UK saying 'oh but I like having the freedom to go and live and work and study in the EU' how come you're a student here in the UK then? Fact is we don't really go and study abroad because a lot of EU countries teach in their own language, which we will rarely be able to speak, and similar for working. People all over Europe speak English though so they can definitely move, live, study here more easily than we can in their countries. All of the reasons to remain seem extremely selfish to me and none of them are strong arguments either, it's either people who don't want to lose 'benefits' that they don't even make use of, or people who are too scared to leave an established union which is going to go under now anyway
I personally am voting leave, because I think the UK should have more autonomy over it's borders and finances. However I think that we will still remain in the EU because I feel that there hasn't been enough information given about the advantages and disadvantages of being in the EU beyond a few key issues in the media. I think people will vote remain because it's the safe option. The BBC coverage is biased as they are covering the remain campaign a lot more than the leave one.
Well, I am not definitely not Labour.

Poor people are going to remain poor regardless. Either you can have low wages and have cheaper goods or you can have higher wages and more expensive goods.

That is just a product of capitalism.

The tax system is set up to allow that to continue even if you are part of the EU or not.

The first honest remainer huzzah!

Poor people remaining poor regardless is simply not true. Capitalism raises people out of poverty. What keeps people poor is strangling small business, and people being constricted to spending their monthly wages on rent will keep people poor and create much higher numbers of poor.

If you have money, its a perfect scenario.. like shooting fish in a barrel.

Im not sure how our tax system is set up to keep people poor? (The over generous welfare state perhaps but income tax?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending