Hey by any chance do you know where I can find the June 2015 ial paper
I can find the ma but not the paper
Original post by Cpj16

Google bilal ahmed's blog
Original post by Student403
Google bilal ahmed's blog

OMG I checked this and the only paper he doesn't have it that one!! I even fb messaged him lol
Original post by Cpj16

Edexcel website?
Original post by Cpj16
OMG I checked this and the only paper he doesn't have it that one!! I even fb messaged him lol

Well you didn't look hard enough :tongue:

I'm looking at the paper right now from his website
Original post by Student403
Well you didn't look hard enough :tongue:

I'm looking at the paper right now from his website

set me link pls :biggrin:
Question:
In Part (c), how do you sketch the argument function. Why is it not the same as arg(z+1)? Usually arg(z) is a half line, but here it is a full line. I'm sure its the mod, but any explanation would be nice!
TY,
P____P

Spoiler

Original post by P____P
Question:
In Part (c), how do you sketch the argument function. Why is it not the same as arg(z+1)? Usually arg(z) is a half line, but here it is a full line. I'm sure its the mod, but any explanation would be nice!
TY,
P____P

Spoiler

I take it everyone's asleep!:redface:
When sketching a polar curve do you ignore negative r values?
Why do edexcel only put the theta value in their mark schemes for when the question asks for the coordinates? Why not in form (r,theta)
See below
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Armpits
When sketching a polar curve do you ignore negative r values?

Yes, in the edexcel specification
Original post by Nikhilm
Why do edexcel only put the theta value in their mark schemes for when the question asks for the coordinates? Why not in form (r,theta)

I don't the mark scheme usually award a mark for putting the coordinate in (r, θ) form, but there are marks for calculating both the angle and the radius.
Original post by P____P
Question:
TY,
P____P

Spoiler

Which paper is this from?

I've only glanced at it, but because it's a modulus, it can either be positive of negative.

Take this example for instance
|x| = 2. Therefore, x can either be +2 or -2.

In this question, you have to possible cases:
arg (z+1) = pi/2
or
arg (z+1) = -pi/2

Hence you get the full line,
(edited 7 years ago)
How to find the circle centre in part 7b??image.jpg
Thank youu!!
Reply 1075
Original post by P____P
Question:
TY,
P____P

Spoiler

My thoughts: a half line at an angle of pi/2 is just a vertical line. We only draw this above or on the real axis, as that's the only place where we can have an angle of pi/2 anticlockwise from the real axis.

Anything below the real axis would be an angle of -pi/2.

However, since it is a modulus, as you quite rightly said, the modulus, that is, the absolute value of the angle, is pi/2. So even points below the real axis (where they'd normally be at an angle of -pi/2) satisfy this.
Original post by Zacken
Relax, guys. Just chill out, there's nothing more than needs to be done. :tongue:

If I feel like I'm doing nothing though, which just stresses me out more. I'm gonna have a go with difficult questions in the exercises of the FP2 books (like weird complex number loci questions, polar coordinate graphs and the algebraic stuff). Also going to a revision session today but my teacher would expect me to have done every past paper and everything.
Reply 1077
Original post by mariadouglas
How to find the circle centre in part 7b??image.jpg
Thank youu!!

Hey, have you been using pure algebra (that is, substituting x+iy at the start) or geometry (alpha-beta=angle, then using circle theorems) to solve these?
Original post by oinkk
Hey, have you been using pure algebra (that is, substituting x+iy at the start) or geometry (alpha-beta=angle, then using circle theorems) to solve these?

Oh gosh totally 😂 Been up all night, really can't seem to function currently 😝 Thank you though :smile:
In part (b) how to know where to shade? thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending