The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone read my sexual selection essay and give me a mark
I think you should cover the biological explanations to anorexia as that has not been asked as full mark essay before. but same ive left out the evaolutinary explanations to eating aswell
Just gone over every single essay possible in relationships, gender and aggression 😪 I'm exhausted
Time to go over them again creating flashcards now 😭
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Just gone over every single essay possible in relationships, gender and aggression 😪 I'm exhausted
Time to go over them again creating flashcards now 😭

Practiced them too or just revised them?
Reply 2684
Check out my thread. I've put up most of essays from Relationship, Gender and Aggression (three are missing)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4083539
Original post by cherry1997
I think you should cover the biological explanations to anorexia as that has not been asked as full mark essay before. but same ive left out the evaolutinary explanations to eating aswell

Do you think they would ask for biological or specify only neural or evolutionary ?
Reply 2686
For cultural differences in gender, would you use Mead's study and William and Best's as a01 or a02? In the book they are written as evaluation points however I've seen as essay which uses them as a01 so I'm not really sure. If they were to be used as a01, I am not sure on how to write the a01 and what to write to make it long enough for 8 marks.. any help?
Original post by yung7up
Practiced them too or just revised them?

Attempted to practice 😂😭😪
I practiced them all/ recalled what I could and looked at what I didn't get right or missed out

Didn't bother practicing gender schema or sex differences just read them instead
Original post by wickedisgood
I asked my teacher about this first bit today, she said it's better to put the researcher, but if you really can't remember it you will still get marks for making the points but you just might not get full marks as it is less in depth.

Also I wouldn't suggest making up studies/figures. They aren't forced to do anything, and will be able to check, and will probably easily see through something faked. A poorly recollected study where you only remember that it vaguely happened that is known the the examiner will probably do better than a fleshed out, clearly fake study.

I disagree. I think you will maybe lose 1 mark or 2 max on names. Fake studies are alright too as long as you aren't making them stupidly exaggerated.

I.e: zucker found that boys with GID had almost 70% separation anxiety from their mothers. However similar research done in these areas hae found contradictory such as research which found that there was no difference in a group of GID boys and a group of 'normal' boys.

Obv add more detail but the 2nd part is made up so long as it sounds clear and you gain from it, you shouldn't lose marks. Not everyone studies from the same book and they will understand you will forget names and such.

Just use it as a last measure once you've completely exploited all your other points though lol.
Original post by yasx_
For cultural differences in gender, would you use Mead's study and William and Best's as a01 or a02? In the book they are written as evaluation points however I've seen as essay which uses them as a01 so I'm not really sure. If they were to be used as a01, I am not sure on how to write the a01 and what to write to make it long enough for 8 marks.. any help?

I'd use it as a02. That's cause there isn't much for A01 but you still got a lot of juicy points to gain from a02 from these big studies rather than waste them on a01.

To be fair I don't like culture. There is barely any A01 for it. I am guessing it may not come up or maybe just as a 4/6 marker if it can.
I'd put for a01: similarities between culture:

Division of labour, just chat about male being hunter and women rearing the children.
Aggression= universally men are aggressive.
Confirmity= almost all societies women are more restricted where as men can do as they please.

Then similarities:
Spatial perception. Researchers foundin nomadic socitetys women have a very similar lvl of that of men, whereas in the tight sedentary socties the differences were the biggest. This can be explained through due to the fact sed sociteys because women hunt together with men and develop similar spatial perception which is required when hunting whereas in tight sedintary socitey gender role is taught from a very young age that men should be hunters and women should rear. At least that's what I think. You should be able to get like 6 marks at least if you put a little nicer and with better spelling lol.

Then a02 you got a good amount.
Mead study- supports this. bla bla u know the drill 3 pap new gueina...
critism of meda study, she told the people what to say to her yda yda yda
John william study, 30 cultures, 2800 students and 300 adjectives... bla bla bla.
Criticism- social desirability, no help explaining, students are a group with similarties can't apply through to whole of the society.
Western culture, impliited ethics, western psychology using their psychmetric tests and all that bs.
Maybe 1 or 2 more. or expalin in detial like i am cause If i do too much ill end up forgetting and never finish!

Bad spelling sorry and rubbish text hopefully though you should get an idea.
Read my username, this explains my stance on psychology.
would someone mind checking me a01 for biological gender?
Reply 2691
Has anyone got any research studies for the dissolution of relationships? Thanks! :smile:
Reply 2692
Original post by Ame32
Has anyone got any research studies for the dissolution of relationships? Thanks! :smile:

Breakdown you mean- I have Tashiro and Frazier, Boekhout, Rofhling and holt and stone.
Reply 2693
Original post by miajohnsonhall
would someone mind checking me a01 for biological gender?

Hit me up.
Reply 2694
Original post by NHM
Breakdown you mean- I have Tashiro and Frazier, Boekhout, Rofhling and holt and stone.

Yes and thank you so much!:smile:
Only needing to get a C in A2 psychology due to my grades last year , is a solid A01 with 8 marks and A02 including 2 studies and evaluation enough to gain around 13/14 marks out of 24 ? As i don't want to attempt to learn too much in all the essays that won't come up when i could learn less information for every essay and memorise it fully
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by m1gg1n
Only needing to get a C in A2 psychology due to my grades last year , is a solid A01 with 8 marks and A02 including 2 studies and evaluation enough to gain around 13/14 marks out of 24 ?

2 studies which are well developed is enough for an A*, are you not including IDA? Because if you don't, you can't go beyond the bottom band
Original post by TMC113
2 studies which are well developed is enough for an A*, are you not including IDA? Because if you don't, you can't go beyond the bottom band

Yes , sorry i forgot to mention i'll be including 2 IDA's in every essay to
Ok so just to be sure is IDA (Issues,Debates And Approaches) of the actual theory in question or IDA of the research supporting/disproving the theory? And is this just:
Gender Bias
Reductionism/Limited View
Ethical Issues
Nature vs Nurture
Animal studies
Deterministic
Ethnocentric (cultures/imposed etics)

Also are people doing there IDA at the end of the essay or throughout?
For sleep im learning around 7 essays im missing ultradian and infradian as full essays as they cant be asked on its own so ill learn a study or two for each, ill miss out functions of sleep such evolutionary and restoration as they both came up one last year one year before as full essays.

Just looked at loopas predictions hes only got one right last year for the topics i was doing for sleep, luckily im learning all the essays besides the last 2 years. So hopefully i should be alright.

Latest

Trending

Trending