Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by Don Pedro K.
kik.JPG

Where does it say that?

On here 2C=A
Original post by Marccs
On here 2C=A

Yeah; he set the tension at A as Tn, and so the tension at C will be 2Tn, since it is double the tension at A.
In part b of this question, why do we assume that the particle reaches a maximum height and then comes back down?

lol.JPG

Where do you find these papers?
If a particle is on the point of slipping down a plane, but is still in equilibrium, would that make the forces going down the slope be F = ma, or F = 0 ?
Original post by amelienine
If a particle is on the point of slipping down a plane, but is still in equilibrium, would that make the forces going down the slope be F = ma, or F = 0 ?

F=0
Original post by Marxist
F=0

thank you, so they only state that it's on the point of slipping down the plane to show which direction friction is right?
thank you, so they only that it's on the point of slipping down the plane to show which direction friction is right?

I don't understand your question. Do you mean which direction friction is acting in? If it's on the point of slipping down the plane, It would act up the plane. Friction opposes motion, so if it was on the point of slipping up the plane it would oppose the motion - acting down the plane.

When it says that, it is implying the particle is in equilibrium AND usually there is a frictional force acting in the opposite direction if it is a rough plane
thank you, so they only state that it's on the point of slipping down the plane to show which direction friction is right?

Yeah pretty much
In part b of this question, why do we assume that the particle reaches a maximum height and then comes back down?

lol.JPG

Does anyone know?
Original post by Marxist
I don't understand your question. Do you mean which direction friction is acting in? If it's on the point of slipping down the plane, It would act up the plane. Friction opposes motion, so if it was on the point of slipping up the plane it would oppose the motion - acting down the plane.

I wanted to clarify if the only reason they're giving that piece of information - that's it's on the point of slipping down the plane - is to show which direction friction is acting in. Thank you!
I wanted to clarify if the only reason they're giving that piece of information - that's it's on the point of slipping down the plane - is to show which direction friction is acting in. Thank you!

Precisely, that's exactly what they want you to know.
I'm starting a levels this year ... Should I do stats or mechanics ? What's the difference?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IAROX15
Its funny because they allow answers in terms of 'g'

If you use 9.8, you've made an approximation so shouldn't give an exact answer.

If you keep the letter g in, you haven't made an approximation.
Original post by dance25
I'm starting a levels this year ... Should I do stats or mechanics ? What's the difference?

Posted from TSR Mobile

well stats is boring af
@TeeEm Your M1 questions are making me nervous lololol
Reply 618
Yeah; he set the tension at A as Tn, and so the tension at C will be 2Tn, since it is double the tension at A.

Ok for June 2012
It says : Given that themagnitude of the reaction of the support at P on the rod is twice the magnitude of thereaction of the support at Q on the rod
But this cannot be P=2Q as it would give an answer of 29.4
But if 2P=Q it would give the right answer of 14.7
So why is it not P=2Q
Original post by KloppOClock
well stats is boring af

Would you say it's easier?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending