The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JordanL_
I'm actually not sure. I have to take it twice a day so I can't really change when I take it. Although I think last night I didn't take it before going to bed, but I still woke up after about an hour of sleep :s-smilie:

Is there anything OTC you could recommend? I don't know of anything but I'd give it a try. It'll take weeks to get a GP appointment anyway :colonhash:

The only OTC stuff I know of are Kalms and Nytol. Piriton also makes me rather drowsy; but it's an anti histamine.
Original post by Tiger Rag
The only OTC stuff I know of are Kalms and Nytol. Piriton also makes me rather drowsy; but it's an anti histamine.

Okay, I'll see if I can get either of those today. Thank you!
Original post by Ezme39
Thank you <3 I wish I had your positivity haha :smile: just hoping that things will get better once the pressure of exams is off; I just feel completely trapped by it all rn

How are you doing?

No worries!!
I went through a difficult time recently and came out of it with massive positivity, so expect to see lots of it :smile:
Im sure things will improve once your exams are done. I completely understand how you feel! Its like theres no way out of them, you have to do them in order to get a job.
Im sure youll pass these exams with flying colors!!

No too bad currently. Had a couple of difficult nights but im ok currently.

How are you currently?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tanyapotter
My hands keep shaking every time I think about my further maths exams and I can't make them stop. I used to think I was above all the physical manifestations of anxiousness (not anxiety), and it's been a humbling experience

Just remember, youre highly intelligent and youll pass these exams with flying colors!!
There is nothing to be anxious about, im 110% positive that you can get top marks in your exams!
You will beat everyone else taking this exam and then you can be happy and realize that youre the best!!
Original post by Spock's Socks
Got the docs at 3pm today to discuss my therapist and to get another fit note for ESA. Absolutely dreading it. I'm going to a foundation GP since my usual GP is off ill. Last time I went to a foundation GP, it went well and they were the one who referred me urgently for therapy. Its not the same doc I'm going to today but hopefully they will be just as nice and effective. I'm more nervous about asking for my sick line than talking about the therapist. I always feel like a fraud when I talk about my MH in front of doctors because of bad experiences in the past that a lot of you know about.

I have my ESA assessment next week, keep forgetting to arrange doctors appointment to get information!

Mine isn't just MH I also have aspergers both sort of mix to make things worse.

I can't even get therapy, even asked a few months ago to try medication again and was told no just change diet.

My doctors aren't bad just they don't know me that well, I used to have a great doctor at my last town I lived but moved as had issues with the town (druggie neighbours, high rent, bad landlords) and I kinda fancied her too as she was sexy blonde with long legs and always wore short skirt lol.

Its been 12 years since my relative was murdered and I still now have had no therapy, and even my social work has been cut to zero due to cutbacks (typical Tories)

Sorry making it about me, just know where you are coming from.
Feel like a weight has been lifted! Went to a new GP and told her everything about my therapist, in particular her saying I should be getting weekly appts from now on but schedules my next appt for 4 or 5 weeks since my last one and then cancels my appts an hour or so before them and has taken three 6 weeks holidays since I started with her in January. Oh and remember, she told me I talk too much and therefore don't open up to her now which is the whole meaning of therapy! She's a fail.

The doctor agreed its better to go back on the waiting list than to stick with the wrong therapist so I've been put back down for urgent therapy and hopefully won't have to wait too long since I'm already in the system :smile: honestly feel like a huge weight has been lifted. Imagine trying to open up to someone who belittled you and had no empathy. I dreaded going to my sessions and it made all my conditions worse and I've ended up two steps back from where I started but that doctor today was brilliant and very informative on OCD and she's gave me confidence that the right help is out there, it's just trial and error but I'll find it :smile:

Shes going to call me tonight telling me what department I will be going to and what kind of help I need after talking to a senior GP and see if there are any self help classes or support groups available :smile:
Feel like a weight has been lifted! Went to a new GP and told her everything about my therapist, in particular her saying I should be getting weekly appts from now on but schedules my next appt for 4 or 5 weeks since my last one and then cancels my appts an hour or so before them and has taken three 6 weeks holidays since I started with her in January. Oh and remember, she told me I talk too much and therefore don't open up to her now which is the whole meaning of therapy! She's a fail.

The doctor agreed its better to go back on the waiting list than to stick with the wrong therapist so I've been put back down for urgent therapy and hopefully won't have to wait too long since I'm already in the system :smile: honestly feel like a huge weight has been lifted. Imagine trying to open up to someone who belittled you and had no empathy. I dreaded going to my sessions and it made all my conditions worse and I've ended up two steps back from where I started but that doctor today was brilliant and very informative on OCD and she's gave me confidence that the right help is out there, it's just trial and error but I'll find it :smile:

Shes going to call me tonight telling me what department I will be going to and what kind of help I need after talking to a senior GP and see if there are any self help classes or support groups available :smile:

That's really good news :smile:

Your old therapist didn't sound too helpful at all.

Fingers crossed for you :hugs:
Original post by Noodlzzz
That's really good news :smile:

Your old therapist didn't sound too helpful at all.

Fingers crossed for you :hugs:

Thanks! The GP just called and she told me that she spoke to a senior GP and they've decided I should see a psychologist and not just a CBT therapist and they've put me down as urgent so its a step in the right direction :smile: feel like a huge weight had been lifted

Posted from TSR Mobile
So fed up, been messed about yet again by my driving instructor and its just made me feel like ****.

I still don't know whats going on and its so annoying because its just seems like its always me that gets messed about... :sigh:
Feel really good for once because i'm once step closer to getting out of this place and then i will finally be happy :smile:
Only 16 months to go :woo:
Hope everyone is ok :hugs:
Original post by Midnightmemories
So fed up, been messed about yet again by my driving instructor and its just made me feel like ****.

I still don't know whats going on and its so annoying because its just seems like its always me that gets messed about... :sigh:

If youre being messed around by youre driving instructor, i would reccomend reporting them and request a new one.
Youre way too nice to be messed around!

Just remember that youre an awesome person and that youre not alone in this!
Us people from tsr will do our best to try and help you!

If you're not getting on with your driving instructor, I would recommend trying to find another one. It isn't worth continuing to pay for lessons with them if it's making you feel bad, especially if it isn't the first time you've been messed around. Not everyone gets on with their driving instructor, I know of a few people who went to new instructors and felt much better the second (or third!) time around.
Original post by Anonymous
If you're not getting on with your driving instructor, I would recommend trying to find another one. It isn't worth continuing to pay for lessons with them if it's making you feel bad, especially if it isn't the first time you've been messed around. Not everyone gets on with their driving instructor, I know of a few people who went to new instructors and felt much better the second (or third!) time around.

i get on with her fine, its just I'm fed up of my lessons being moved at late notice. Especially after I've already prepared myself to have one!

I'm like 3 weeks away from my test as well... :sigh:
i get on with her fine, its just I'm fed up of my lessons being moved at late notice. Especially after I've already prepared myself to have one!

I'm like 3 weeks away from my test as well... :sigh:

Ahhh I understand now, sorry! Yeah, that does sound pretty frustrating.

Are you able to get driving practise outside of your lessons?
Thanks! The GP just called and she told me that she spoke to a senior GP and they've decided I should see a psychologist and not just a CBT therapist and they've put me down as urgent so its a step in the right direction :smile: feel like a huge weight had been lifted

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is great news :h:... Finally! Hopefully the psychologist is a lot more helpful
Original post by Little Popcorns
This is great news :h:... Finally! Hopefully the psychologist is a lot more helpful

I'll keep you updated with how everything goes :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Original post by Cinnie

Spoiler

Dont hate yourself for it!!
Everyone does it! Its perfectly normal!
Youre an amazing person! Fact!
Started an online course about schizophrenia and psychosis, since I am interested in it as I do suffer from psychosis. I love it. Keeps me busy and I find it really interesting.

Have been suffering a lot from headaches the past week or so. Hope it doesn't trigger off voices, but we'll have to see. Hope everyone is well. :hugs:
(edited 7 years ago)
because of debilitating depression/panic disorder/agoraphobia i had to attend open university for two years to get my qualifications... been accepted at university of nottingham this coming september - so scared/nervous/excited

Latest