The Student Room Group

Ramadan and Eid chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by undercxver
Can a female who prays taraweeh talk me through how they pray it pls? :K:

There's no difference between the man and the woman prayer. If your doing it at home then you recite yourself. Its up to 20 rakahs but you can shorten it to 8 if you want, its in sets of 2 rakahs. Any Quran u know by heart can be recited and as much as you want but try to do it in order if u can.
Reply 141
Original post by Azhar Rana
The weather over here is great, although its 40, but its windy and nice. I will be driving to Abu Dhabi and back to Al Ain every day for uni, I hope the weather remains cool. Thanks man, I will always remember you in my prayers.

Ya Salaaaaaam, all the way to AD????????????? :eek::eek: How fast do you drive? :mmm: I wouldn't dare to exceed 130 at most 3ashan elcameraat :redface:
Original post by Banana208

@Hamoody I'm so energise rn it's irritating everyone.
Ramadan is gonna be good this year- I can feel it in my empty rumbling stomach :biggrin:

:rofl: I know that feeling. Look, I don't have anything to do because Uni opens in spet. SO I'm just sitting there readding quran and getting hypercharged. And then there are all these people at home that are working and so they aren't in such a great mood and I'm buzzing around them :rofl: I expect to get swatted anytime :toofunny:
Reply 142
Original post by DesiGirl31
Yeah i know feeling really thirsty now :tongue:

Just filled spring rolls to make up for some time and now waiting for Asr :K:

Ok, I think I should make a rule that no one should talk about food items on this tread :rofl: For heaven's sake(using heaven's because it is Ramadan :rofl:) there are people on here with grumbling tummies. Stop mentioning delicious food items :lol:

Original post by maria.x
Are you sure about that? :rofl:
aw, thank you. :hugs:

:colonhash: Of course I am sure. :hugs:
:jumphug: Haw was your fast sweets? :hugs:
Original post by h333
6 Masha'Allah:woo::thumbsup: ......I need to get to work then.

You better :grumble: Make sure you set a really high target so you keep reading no matter you reach it or not :wink:
Reply 143
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Hahaha honestly it depends, because in May/June the temperature can be high - around 30 degrees C - and the thirst is real , but for sure it's still better than Middle East temperatures.

El hamdoulilah today wasn't a difficult day, iftar is in less than 3h and I'm not hungry or either thirsty. Everything's possible with faith anyway :h:

Also I'll remember your birthday :mmm:

Really? Does it really get that hot in France? :eek: It deffo is :teehee:

Ah that's great to know :woo: yass everything is possible. Just need to practice patience a little bit :redface:

Aww thanks a lot :hugs:
Reply 144
Original post by Tpos
MashaAllah! How long does it take you to read 1 juzz?

I'm really not sure. I never check the time. Like for example I start reading a little before fajr, like about half an hour or so. And I continue for an hour after fajr. And then I read after dhuhr for about an hour or so. And then after Asr for another hour and a half. I can time myself if you like :biggrin:
Guysssssss whats the best thing to eat in the morning to keep your fast

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 146
Alrigh so today is my second fast. Yesterday's fast went pretty good alhamdellah. My tummy and brain had a raging battle towards Asr yesterday.
Tummy: A'ight mate, time to send in sumfin :stomp:
Brain: Nawh, not yet. Just be patient. Hamoody is fasting today :spank:
Tummy: I swear I'll embarrass him in taraweeh if he don't gimme sumfin
Brain: How so? :u:
Tummy: "I shall now demonstrate a whale's mating call" :u:

So went the convo between those two naughty boys :rofl:

Had delicious fings to eat(won't mention any as all of us are fasting :naughty:). Prayed taraweeh and then pleasured my tummy :rofl:
Looking forward to some more fun today inshaAllah. How's it going you guys?
Reply 147
Original post by gemstone100
Guysssssss whats the best thing to eat in the morning to keep your fast

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could go for something light. Don't overeat as it'll make you feel queasy the whole day. Good luck :h:
Original post by sfaraj
who said? im shia too but i started today anyway

Nobody said; every year we start one day later than other people so I supposed there wouldn't be an exception this year.
Original post by Ishea16
some sunni's are starting tomorrow aswell i think its to do with different places, I know london has started theirs today aswell,
aha I feel super blessed when I have an exam and I'm fasting, gives me confidence idk why ahaha:tongue:

Yeah I think it has to do with a regional thing. Sunnis started yesterday so we start today. :tongue: Yeah I get what you mean, like you're close to Allah SWT in Ramadan so He can help you in your exam haha
Original post by Hamoody
Ya Salaaaaaam, all the way to AD????????????? :eek::eek: How fast do you drive? :mmm: I wouldn't dare to exceed 130 at most 3ashan elcameraat :redface:

:rofl: I know that feeling. Look, I don't have anything to do because Uni opens in spet. SO I'm just sitting there readding quran and getting hypercharged. And then there are all these people at home that are working and so they aren't in such a great mood and I'm buzzing around them :rofl: I expect to get swatted anytime :toofunny:

My Nissan cruises around 160 km/h, but I will be driving 140. The camera is set at 161 before baniyas, but 140 after that. So 130 will be fine :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 151
My Altima cruises around 160 km/h, but I will be driving 140.

I tried to hit 140 once, but then decided to let the car decide for itself. Apparently it decided to decelerate to rest :rofl:
Okay so I flicked through a cook book today, bad idea! :lol: but it put me off so much.
Original post by Hamoody
I tried to hit 140 once, but then decided to let the car decide for itself. Apparently it decided to decelerate to rest :rofl:

Lol, I guess you need experience for driving at 140+. you have to visit Germany, there is no speed limit over there, people go like 250 or something on the autobahn 😮
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 154
Lol, I guess you need experience for driving at 140+. you have to visit Germany, there is no speed limit over there, people go like 250 or something on the autobahn 😮

250????????????? :eek: And what happens if you make a mistake on the road? Ma3assalameh :rofl:
Original post by Hibzish
There's no difference between the man and the woman prayer. If your doing it at home then you recite yourself. Its up to 20 rakahs but you can shorten it to 8 if you want, its in sets of 2 rakahs. Any Quran u know by heart can be recited and as much as you want but try to do it in order if u can.

Umm actually, NO. Men must fast 2 hours extra, because men are genetically superior to women; our metabolism is much more efficient, therefore we burn less calories, and so can fast for longer periods of time. Why do you think I never get fat? SHOHOOHOHOHHOHOO
Would you like the maths?!
Just call me daddy
Reply 156
Original post by Rhythmical
Okay so I flicked through a cook book today, bad idea! :lol: but it put me off so much.

:rofl: :rofl: A reaaallly really bad idea :naughty: DON'T ever do that again. You can do it after you break your fast :rofl:
Original post by Hamoody
:rofl: :rofl: A reaaallly really bad idea :naughty: DON'T ever do that again. You can do it after you break your fast :rofl:

But I was so bored :cry2: I was thinking of the food I can make during Iftari, how long do you guys fast for?
Reply 158
Original post by Hamoody

You better :grumble: Make sure you set a really high target so you keep reading no matter you reach it or not :wink:

Oh good Idea I will use that technique today. I am too easy on myself. I managed to read 3 juz Alhamdulillah.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 159
Original post by Rhythmical
But I was so bored :cry2: I was thinking of the food I can make during Iftari, how long do you guys fast for?

Nawh :talkhand: Not a valid excuse :colonhash:
We fast for 15 hours :ashamed:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending