The Student Room Group

why the **** are so many students here soo rascist

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jwstarfish
63% of British Muslims believe homosexuality should be illegal, do you agree with that? Do you think gay people should be jailed? And that 63% are just the ones who believe so strongly they would actually admit it.
And look at how women are treated in Islam, it's shocking, if you're an advocate of women's or gay rights supporting Islam is completely hypocritical.

This:h: Nicely put.
Original post by KloppOClock
i find it ironic when people make posts saying we should be more accepting of muslims when in other posts people are happily posting stuff like "i'd only want to marry another muslim to appease my parents"

What's wrong about that? I'm not Muslim myself but I couldn't care less if other Muslims are only marrying Muslims. To each their own and everyone shouldn't have to change their preferences so that another group of people can feel wanted.

Especially when women dating non Muslim men is forbidden.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nayzar
I've quoted just u guys but there are also others who I cba quoting. Whether it is racism, discrimination, prejudice, u can call it what u want his point is still valid!

No it's really not ffs. People mainly criticise Islam not Muslims. How can you even compare criticising a religion to racism?
I'm sorry, do you understand how research actually works? A sample of people representative of the entire population is taken, obviously it is impossible to ask every single British Muslim, but they ask enough that statistically the results are going to be correct 99% of the time.

Here's a link to the survey results by the way: http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/c4-survey-and-documentary-reveals-what-british-muslims-really-think

So you believe forced marriage is a good thing? That men should legally be allowed to rape their wives? Because that is how it works in some Middle Eastern Muslim countries - and as for women migrating to Islamic countries that doesn't happen nearly as much as Middle Eastern women coming here where we have civilised values.

I don't see how middle eastern rules and society has got to do with the British attitude. I have never said forced marriage is a good thing, or rape. what im saying is in this MULTICULTURAL Britain in which we live, why is there still so much hate and prejudice
Original post by loveleest
no it's really not ffs. People mainly criticise islam not muslims. How can you even compare criticising a religion to racism?

i cannot change the wording of the title, i changed the initial post though.
Original post by the bear
Rastafarians have never gone round blowing people up or doing massacre stuff. Irie.

One Love

:h:

There are horrible people in the world and they come from all different backgrounds and religions. Terrorism has no religion.
Need I remind you of slavery in America? Yet I still don't go around calling Christians terrorists for it.
Original post by ...or what
There are horrible people in the world and they come from all different backgrounds and religions. Terrorism has no religion.
Need I remind you of slavery in America? Yet I still don't go around calling Christians terrorists for it.

i think someone may have mentioned this already on TSR ? :dontknow:
Original post by lascelles101
no I am not Muslim, in fact I am a Rasta.

Islam is a religion, Rastafarianism is not. You shouldn't compare the two...
Original post by lascelles101
no I am not Muslim, in fact I am a Rasta.

THE WORD RASCIST IS SIGHTLY WRONG!!! I WOULD CHANGE IT TO PREJUDICE

Muslims are not terrorists, or backwards thinking, they are just human beings like you and me and the person closest to you right now. So if they want to worship Allah in a mosque, and celebrate Ramadan and wear hijabs , then whats the problem. their religion is not hurting you! MUSLIMS DO NOT HURT PEOPLE, technically u racists break 3 human right --> article 1, 2 and 18 : Article 1 -- Right To Equality, Article 2 -- Freedom From Discrimination, Article 18 -- Freedom Of Belief . when do Muslims post Christian and Jewish hate posts.

people have the right to free speech and this is respected but you should use this freedom to infringe on other rights. there's no need to spread hatred or be disrespectful . its so bad ive seen people actimg like they are in the EDL.we are a multicultural country and if its so hard to be nice then please come off this website.
HAVE SOME DECENCY GUYS, LOVE AND CHERISH YOURS AND OTHERS LIVES, LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HATE AND BE HORRIABLE.
thank you

That spelling though :redface:
Reply 69
Original post by loveleest
No it's really not ffs. People mainly criticise Islam not Muslims. How can you even compare criticising a religion to racism?

Lets add destructive criticism to the list of alternative words/phrases then...

If you think Islam is this and that, criticising it doesnt improve it does it? All you do by criticising is hurt people's feelings, theres nothing to be gained from it. This is many people's way of life. by insulting that, you are insulting them.
Original post by JavaScriptMaster

I never said it was, but it is the reason to why I act in this. Rastafarianism is more a way of life, and its key concept: love and peace
Original post by Nayzar

If you think Islam is this and that, criticising it doesnt improve it does it? All you do by criticising is hurt people's feelings, theres nothing to be gained from it. This is many people's way of life. by insulting that, you are insulting them.

I couldn't of put it better myself
63% of British Muslims believe homosexuality should be illegal, do you agree with that? Do you think gay people should be jailed? And that 63% are just the ones who believe so strongly they would actually admit it.
And look at how women are treated in Islam, it's shocking, if you're an advocate of women's or gay rights supporting Islam is completely hypocritical.

I am fairly certain a similar percentage would be found amongst Catholics. People are free to believe whatever they want and should not be discriminated against for that. I personally believe that everyone who says classical music is boring should be sent to Mars without food, I am sure this is an unacceptable belief but no one has the right to judge me based on what I think.
Reply 73
Islam is actually a way of life from God. (We Muslims believe).

And people the OP has countless times said he changed it to prejudice so read properly.
Original post by JavaScriptMaster

No, Rastafarianism is a new religion, but it is still a religion.
Original post by Nayzar

I agree complaining about a religion makes no difference in the slightest. Especially on a student room. But this forum room, may be a boxing bag for those who wish to vent their frustration about what they really truly believe when it come to being "tolerant" of ours beliefs and cultures. So me or you may not find it of any use, But the criticism or hatred will just continue as long Muslims keep making the front page of your local papers and cause another up roar. And the vicious cycle will just start again.
Original post by Anonymous
I know that that's why in the first two lines, its been changed, the real issue is to why people are so horrible and prejudice to people.

Because Islam is an easily hate-able ideology.
Original post by Limerence.
What's wrong about that? I'm not Muslim myself but I couldn't care less if other Muslims are only marrying Muslims. To each their own and everyone shouldn't have to change their preferences so that another group of people can feel wanted.

Especially when women dating non Muslim men is forbidden.

Posted from TSR Mobile

the reason why their is so much racism is precisely this, not because of their religion, but because of a complete lack of integration within our society.
a lack of intergration is not true, some people keep to themselves, just as any group does, but it is not all of them! intergration with the islamic society is hindered from both ends.
Original post by KloppOClock
the reason why their is so much racism is precisely this, not because of their religion, but because of a complete lack of integration within our society.

For them to integrate in today's society they must discard their beliefs and date non Muslim men. Really?

We all have our preferences. If I left to go to a country where the age of consent is much lower than the UK, must I "integrate into their society" by discarding my beliefs and get with underage women too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest