The Student Room Group

Have any international applicants been rejected?

I was just wondering if most international students get accepted because we pay 2-3x the amount of money home students do. I know there's a quota/cap on the number of international students a uni takes but have any of the international applicants on TSR actually been rejected by a uni?
Reply 1
Original post by jackien1
I was just wondering if most international students get accepted because we pay 2-3x the amount of money home students do. I know there's a quota/cap on the number of international students a uni takes but have any of the international applicants on TSR actually been rejected by a uni?

The quota is only for Medicine.
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
The quota is only for Medicine.

Oh really! Then that makes the question more interesting.
Reply 3
Oh really! Then that makes the question more interesting.

Why? Are you applying for Medicine?

If not then assuming you meet, or are likely to meet, the entry requirements you will be fine.
Reply 4
Original post by jneill
Why? Are you applying for Medicine?

If not then assuming you meet, or are likely to meet, the entry requirements you will be fine.

No, I've already got my offers. I was just wondering if the unis are more likely to be slightly more lenient towards international students cause they pay higher tuition fees.
Reply 5
No, I've already got my offers. I was just wondering if the unis are more likely to be slightly more lenient towards international students cause they pay higher tuition fees.

Yes. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by jneill
Yes. :smile:

Really? What makes you say that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending