The Student Room Group

GCSE ENGLISH LANGUAGE AQA How did it go?

Scroll to see replies

I found question 6 easy
Original post by grace143
I thought the exam was ok overall, my favourite question was 5. What did you guys write about as your "experience" for question 5?

Mountain climbing hbu?
Original post by user2k16
I talked about 2 of those points but not migrant workers or increase in housing prices instead I talked about poverty in coastal areas and children attending school less as they only stay for shor time. is that okay ?

yes that should be ok
I wrote about overcoming obesity

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by legend.786
If i got. 70-80 in my ca what do i need for a b

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you get that number? my CA was out of 30?
I liked part A more than B to be honest, although I feel that mostly for all the English exams. The only issues I had were that I wrote the answer for question 2 in the space for question 4 and had to transfer it and that I've never pushed myself to the limit or travelled in or out of Great Britain.
I liked part B but now im more focused on my posting exam especially practical posting
Original post by user2k16
Mountain climbing hbu?

sorry for replying so late. Mountain climbing is a great one! Mine was very cliché; I wrote about parachuting out of a helicopter!
it was okay, how many points do you have to write for the 8 mark questions?
Original post by legend.786
I wrote about overcoming obesity

Posted from TSR Mobile

WHY did I laugh!? I'm going to hell.
For Question 1 if you made 4+ points each with Good development then you'd get 8 marks.

For Question 2 if you make 4 or more links and a few perceptive you'd get Full marks.

For Question 3 you have to make 5+ points and developed. (I may have messed up this one).

For question 4 you have to make I think 4 or more Comparisons Idk....
Original post by Bulletzone
For Question 1 if you made 4+ points each with Good development then you'd get 8 marks.

For Question 2 if you make 4 or more links and a few perceptive you'd get Full marks.

For Question 3 you have to make 5+ points and developed. (I may have messed up this one).

I've failed then hahhahhhahaah but thanks
I failed :frown: couldnt finish any of the questions. total bummer. shouldve done foundation level.
I hated question 1 and the whole of part B tbh :frown:
Keep calm and have faith guys, although that wasn't the best exam, God will guide us through this. Stay positive :smile: x
Original post by grace143
I thought the exam was ok overall, my favourite question was 5. What did you guys write about as your "experience" for question 5?

I just wrote some random bs tbh, what about y'all?
Original post by buchannan
40 for grade C

What about in foundation? How many marks do you need to get a C?
Reply 37
I did exactly the same!

4?? I did 2 and still spent ages on it! Maybe I went into too much detail :colonhash:

This isn't correct. An examiner will care far more about the quality of your analysis as opposed to your quantity.

5 detailed points for question 3.... when we have 12 minutes to write?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending