The Student Room Group

Wednesday 8th June - OCR GCSE Computing Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Curry Muncher
Ah nice, I got A* on both, but I'd be surprised if they aren't moderated down. Hopefully this years paper will be decent. What were they difficult topics that came up when you sat it, if you can remember?

Last years' paper was lovely. Really good stuff. Opcodes, logic gates (I think), nothing at all difficult. It was a really good paper.
Original post by iEthan
Last years' paper was lovely. Really good stuff. Opcodes, logic gates (I think), nothing at all difficult. It was a really good paper.

Okay, thanks again :smile:
I know I said previously thought the test seemed hard because of grade boundaries but comparing to other past papers, it felt the easiest for me! I was pleasantly surprised!
Original post by iEthan
Original post by iEthan
Hiya everyone,

I took this exam last year and I'm willing to help anyone that needs it! Simply quote me or PM me and I'll see what I can do! :yep:

Keep in mind I won't correct coursework code and I won't simply tell you answers because that would be cheating. I can give you pointers and exam information, especially what to revise! :woo:

Let me know!
Ethan :h:

I've got my exam in just over a week and I was wondering if you had any tips for revision, are mindmaps good? Also can you explain the networks topic (specifically network hardware and stuff like IP and MAC addresses)
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
I know I said previously thought the test seemed hard because of grade boundaries but comparing to other past papers, it felt the easiest for me! I was pleasantly surprised!

Do you know where you can find last years paper and mark scheme? I can only find past papers from 2014
Guys where can I start revision. I've only got max. 3 days to do revision for Computing and I haven't even started yet. Pls help :s-smilie: Although take into account that I know some bits of the course, such as conversions between binary and hexadecimal, cache memory, computer systems, CPU, a bit about memory, secondary storage, user interface, security, etc. The one thing I really don't get is the 6 mark algorithm questions.
Reply 106
Guys, Do we need to know about Static RAM and Dynamic RAM.
It isn;t on the spec but it is in the official OCR GCSE computing book?
Any ideas?
Original post by Undec
Guys, Do we need to know about Static RAM and Dynamic RAM.
It isn;t on the spec but it is in the official OCR GCSE computing book?
Any ideas?

No - that book is full of so much bs :colonhash:
Has anyone got any tips on the Algorithm questions? I find that these are the hardest questions usually! Still don't understand Algorithm's entirely really!

https://mrocallaghanedu.wordpress.com/2014/05/10/gcse-computing-revision-materials/ - This is also a really good site for revision, he's got it all organised for you!
A451: Out of 80 marks 40% Exam
A452: Out of 45 marks 30% Controlled Assesment
A453: Out of 45 marks 30% Controlled Assesment

I got an A* in A452: 44/45 marks
I got an A in A453: 38/45 marks
In a mock i got a B for A451

I want an A* overall what mark would i need in the exam(A451)?
Has anybody got any practice algorithm design questions? Because if we can't do the question then that is basically a whole grade dropped :/
Original post by surina16
Has anybody got any practice algorithm design questions? Because if we can't do the question then that is basically a whole grade dropped :/

I've literally got a whole set of algorithm questions but it won't let me post them bc of file size! :frown: DM me you're email maybe x
Original post by Usmaan345

I am not being funny, but what more could you need help with? people have posted information regarding the whole specification. There's actually so many useful documents and links on here. If you take the time to read this forum you'll see that everything you need is here.
Does anyone have any predictions for tomorrow?
I'm thinking a 6 marker about the laws...
Original post by helayna_sinagra
Does anyone have any predictions for tomorrow?
I'm thinking a 6 marker about the laws...

I feel like that has come up before, I'm thinking either: Sequence/Iteration etc. or perhaps Represention of Data?
Reply 116
I'm screwed for this exam and i have geography tomorrow. RIP.
Does anyone have the 2015 paper saved as a pdf? I had it bookmarked but the site took it down :redface:
Reply 118
Original post by surina16
Does anyone have the 2015 paper saved as a pdf? I had it bookmarked but the site took it down :redface:

I would be eternally grateful if someone has it...
Original post by Ads.m
I would be eternally grateful if someone has it...

I was saving it to do today but it's not there anymore :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending