Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ayman!
You do.

Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 18.25.47.png
Thanks.

Original post by Zacken
Yes.

I think you do.

Consider x > -3 and x < -3 The former gets you the same inequality in (a)

Are you sitting the exam?
Original post by EricPiphany
Are you sitting the exam?

The IAL version, yep.
Why is tan(arg(z+3))=1/2 not a half line?

Fp2 06 8b
Reply 1123
Had a quick question, in FP2 June 2015, how do you know the answer to 1b? The answer is apparently x>1 however I dont understand how we're just meant to see that since it is a 1 mark question.
Original post by Armpits
Why is tan(arg(z+3))=1/2 not a half line?

Fp2 06 8b

What two values can the argument take?
Can we be asked to form a differential equation based on a model just like C4?
What two values can the argument take?

Not sure what you mean.

Arctan(0.5) would be one value?
can anyone help me out with JUNE 2013 (R) question 6 maybe draw it up for me because im so bad at de moivres plz ty
Im a little stuck here guys. How do we answer transformation questions that involve arg (z-z1)= angle
Original post by Armpits
Not sure what you mean.

Arctan(0.5) would be one value?

Think about what tan looks like.
I wonder if we'll get all the points for writing down the solution for a relatively simple partial fraction.

well our teacher told us if you use the "cover up" rule, then you need to state it so they don't suspect anything.
Is the TI-83 plus calculator permitted for this exam or not?
Doesn't matter too much if it isn't - I'm just slightly concerned about plotting polar graphs at the moment.
pi+arctan(0.5)

Ok so these are two possible values.

Do I essentially draw two half lines?
Original post by TheMarshmallows
Think about what tan looks like.

pi+arctan(0.5)Ok so these are two possible values.Do I essentially draw two half lines?
Is it me or are the IAL past papers easier?
Reply 1135
Original post by Windowswind123
Is the TI-83 plus calculator permitted for this exam or not?
Doesn't matter too much if it isn't - I'm just slightly concerned about plotting polar graphs at the moment.

i'm pretty sure you can use it, it doesn't have algebraic integration/differentiation does it?
Original post by Anon-
i'm pretty sure you can use it, it doesn't have algebraic integration/differentiation does it?

I think just numerical :s-smilie:
Original post by Armpits
pi+arctan(0.5)Ok so these are two possible values.Do I essentially draw two half lines?

Essentially yes, but if you think about it adding pi rotates it to the other side, so youre drawing two half lines that start from the same point and go in opposite directions, aka a full line
Original post by boylubda
can anyone help me out with JUNE 2013 (R) question 6 maybe draw it up for me because im so bad at de moivres plz ty

Wasn't sure which part you were stuck on so I wrote up a full solution, hope it helps

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465309769.283782.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465309806.890001.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1465309836.227929.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
On a shading question like where you shade the region for which say | Z | < x which has been transformed can you use a pencil to change the equal signs to inequality signs on part b and then state in part c refer to pencil inequalities or something?

Quick Reply

Latest