The Student Room Group

Wjec English GCSE report

Was a report required for the higher tier... I see it was for foundation tier but erm my sister sat the higher and said she never realised it was a report but being it was a higher paper I'm wondering whether it was still a report or not ?! She got As on all her assessments and now she's in tears because she may have messed up due to not reading the question correctly. She explained she highlighted the keywords in the question (all questions) and referred back to it several times.
Thanks in advance
Original post by vickie89uk
Was a report required for the higher tier... I see it was for foundation tier but erm my sister sat the higher and said she never realised it was a report but being it was a higher paper I'm wondering whether it was still a report or not ?! She got As on all her assessments and now she's in tears because she may have messed up due to not reading the question correctly. She explained she highlighted the keywords in the question (all questions) and referred back to it several times.
Thanks in advance

Yep, the first question was a speech and the second was a report. That's unlucky for your sister.
it was a report on the behaviour of students in school
Reply 3
Original post by ArabHitman
it was a report on the behaviour of students in school

She wrote a letter to students why a plum.... It's ok this year she can still forward all her assessments and retake in November so she just needs to improve her exam technique.... It's a lesson we all have to learn she just learnt it at the wrong time.... I've told her crying won't solve the problem nor will self pitying you messed up you have one more chance to fix it so dry your eyes and get back to your desk....

Leaving her to allow self pitying is probably the worst thing we can do because she'll just feel defeated and worthless by doing another past paper she can reassure herself that she is capable and that this was just bad luck...:

Thanks again
She wrote a letter to students why a plum.... It's ok this year she can still forward all her assessments and retake in November so she just needs to improve her exam technique.... It's a lesson we all have to learn she just learnt it at the wrong time.... I've told her crying won't solve the problem nor will self pitying you messed up you have one more chance to fix it so dry your eyes and get back to your desk....

Leaving her to allow self pitying is probably the worst thing we can do because she'll just feel defeated and worthless by doing another past paper she can reassure herself that she is capable and that this was just bad luck...:

Thanks again

No offence dude, but the SEN kid in my class seen that it was a report. No worries anyway. Now that you speak of good CA's and at least a decent attempt on the reading paper? Im sure it is a moderate B. If not a high C
Reply 5
No offence dude, but the SEN kid in my class seen that it was a report. No worries anyway. Now that you speak of good CA's and at least a decent attempt on the reading paper? Im sure it is a moderate B. If not a high C

What's a SEN kid?!
Thank you!!! I've seen the picture of the question page on Twitter and shown her it and she said she didn't see it.. Or she might have skimmed it either way she didn't write a report and that's tough, she said she would've written a good report and it would've been easier than trying to write a stern to the point letter.... Hopefully she'll scrape through but she's not holding her breath... Lots of wine for August 25th
What's a SEN kid?!
Thank you!!! I've seen the picture of the question page on Twitter and shown her it and she said she didn't see it.. Or she might have skimmed it either way she didn't write a report and that's tough, she said she would've written a good report and it would've been easier than trying to write a stern to the point letter.... Hopefully she'll scrape through but she's not holding her breath... Lots of wine for August 25th

SEN kid is a person with learning difficulties, basically a less able student.
Can you link the twitter post please :smile:
Reply 7
SEN kid is a person with learning difficulties, basically a less able student.
Can you link the twitter post please :smile:

It's for the foundation but it's essentially the same question.

I'm assuming she'll lose all marks for that wuestion regardless because it's not a report...

https://twitter.com/nickymcc2009/status/740169017583935488
in the report i put '**** off' as i was repeating what id heard a student say since it was about behaviour ... do you think I would get marked down for this??

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the unit paper I made the biggest mistake analyzing the wrong text for 15 minutes then realizing so I had to rush it so much spending olny roughly 10 minutes on each question.
But it's a good thing I found out could've lost me 10 marks.

Btw tell your sister not to sweat it too much for the report,I know she deserved those top grades but she'll probably come out with a pass because there was loads of people in my school not knowing how to set out a report and a lot of people did stuff like a formal informal letter and review. About 15 people told me this happened to them and I'm sure there's many more so I'll tell you not alone .
It's for the foundation but it's essentially the same question.

I'm assuming she'll lose all marks for that wuestion regardless because it's not a report...

https://twitter.com/nickymcc2009/status/740169017583935488

Wow the foundation paper clearly hints out what you need to do. 2ez5me. Anyway, hope you did well overall
Reply 11
Wow the foundation paper clearly hints out what you need to do. 2ez5me. Anyway, hope you did well overall

On the higher paper She had she said she didnt have the bolded part just the part next to 1 1
Reply 12
Original post by harun_farah
For the unit paper I made the biggest mistake analyzing the wrong text for 15 minutes then realizing so I had to rush it so much spending olny roughly 10 minutes on each question.
But it's a good thing I found out could've lost me 10 marks.

Btw tell your sister not to sweat it too much for the report,I know she deserved those top grades but she'll probably come out with a pass because there was loads of people in my school not knowing how to set out a report and a lot of people did stuff like a formal informal letter and review. About 15 people told me this happened to them and I'm sure there's many more so I'll tell you not alone .

Thanks at least she's not the only one.... She didn't even write the title bless her never mind...
Thanks at least she's not the only one.... She didn't even write the title bless her never mind...

Feel bad for her
🤒🤒🤒

Quick Reply

Latest