The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Am i missing something over Vardy? Why do people think it has gone from 99% complete to fallen through in the last 15 hours when Vardy has said absolutely nothing at all?
Original post by leinad2012
Am i missing something over Vardy? Why do people think it has gone from 99% complete to fallen through in the last 15 hours when Vardy has said absolutely nothing at all?

Its like when a girl says 'I need time to think'

Arsenal through their heart out there.. and she just says: 'I need time'

But you know all her bitch friends are telling her its a bad idea, and she can do better.

Thing is your offering her a good deal. Your stable, reliable.. solid husband material - sure you cant offer riches or excitement, but you can certainly offer financial security.

Even if she says yes.. its really only a pitty **** that you can expect. A few years of playing through the motions, before she leaves you for what she really wants.
(edited 7 years ago)

Maybe, just maybe it was never completely on and just because you had triggered the release clause, doesn't mean Leicester can't counter the offer. Also the hype and noise Arsenal twitter have been making about it made it seem a lot closer to reality than it actually was - literally saw people making WWE montages of Vardy taking out Ranieri/Mahrez. I mean, people who have time to make that genuinely have **** all social life.
Original post by fallen_acorns
Its like when a girl says 'I need time to think'

Arsenal through their heart out there.. and she just says: 'I need time'

But you know all her bitch friends are telling her its a bad idea, and she can do better.

Thing is your offering her a good deal. Your stable, reliable.. solid husband material - sure you cant offer riches or excitement, but you can certainly offer financial security.

Even if she says yes.. its really only a pitty **** that you can expect. A few years of playing through the motions, before she leaves you for what she really wants.

It's a nice analogy, but the entire saga is based on hearsay. As has been said on twitter, there seems to have been some media imposed deadline on this transfer of before Vardy got on the plane. It's a complete nonsense. Vardy can complete the transfer from the England camp, or for 2 months after the Euro's finish for that matter.
No one knows the circumstances really, it's just hear say as normal
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Maybe, just maybe it was never completely on and just because you had triggered the release clause, doesn't mean Leicester can't counter the offer. Also the hype and noise Arsenal twitter have been making about it made it seem a lot closer to reality than it actually was - literally saw people making WWE montages of Vardy taking out Ranieri/Mahrez. I mean, people who have time to make that genuinely have **** all social life.

8.5 posts per day on your 5th dupe, 90% of the posts on oppositions threads.... Says other people have a **** social life. Come on now Eddie.

The hype is because of the media, the likes of Ornstein saying it was a formality. I guess as Ornstein has been 99% right in the past, people assumed it was done.
8.5 posts per day on your 5th dupe, 90% of the posts on oppositions threads.... Says other people have a **** social life. Come on now Eddie.

The hype is because of the media, the likes of Ornstein saying it was a formality. I guess as Ornstein has been 99% right in the past, people assumed it was done.

Mate its my 4th dupe ffs, if you're going to try and rek at least get the facts right.

90% of my posts are on the Misc thread, my posts here just receive more attention because you're all so sensitive.

I was agreeing with your point and you still have to have a little cry about me.
Reply 8226
Original post by Lúcio
Absolute LOL

Don't worry guys, you can have Benteke yeah?

Benteke>Giroud

Bloody retarded line of thinking
Word on the street is that Henrikh is likely to join us from BVB. Not convinced by him tbh, spurns a lot of chances and before last season he was a flop. Would much rather we went all out for Gotze.
Original post by James.Carnell
Word on the street is that Henrikh is likely to join us from BVB. Not convinced by him tbh, spurns a lot of chances and before last season he was a flop. Would much rather we went all out for Gotze.

Word on the street? Just like Claude last year saying he had 'inside' info about Benzema joining.
Word on the street? Just like Claude last year saying he had 'inside' info about Benzema joining.

He's rejected a contract discussion with BVB and has been put up for sale.

Papers are saying he's coming to Le Arsenal.

Personally I think he's runner up standard ... I don't buy the approach of buying a load of non top class players. Just look at United, full of players like Blind and Schneiderlin and yet the fans cry out for these standards.
He's rejected a contract discussion with BVB and has been put up for sale.

Papers are saying he's coming to Le Arsenal.

Personally I think he's runner up standard ... I don't buy the approach of buying a load of non top class players. Just look at United, full of players like Blind and Schneiderlin and yet the fans cry out for these standards.

Papers said Vardy was coming to Arsenal.
Papers said Vardy was coming to Arsenal.

Yeah, and?
Being put on hold by Jamie Vardy. Understand that he needs time to think about it but you can't let players try and walk over the club. If I was Wenger I'd let it go and move on to other targets, if there are any.
Yeah, and?

You cited the papers being a reason why Mhikitayran was coming to Arsenal, yet that's what they said about Vardy who probably isn't.

Papers say Ronaldo's going back to United every year.
You cited the papers being a reason why Mhikitayran was coming to Arsenal, yet that's what they said about Vardy who probably isn't.

Papers say Ronaldo's going back to United every year.

Yeah, and?
Yeah, and?

This James fella really struggles with basic logic
Vardy to decide future after Euros, so it seems. inb4 we make the same mistakes as in 2013 and Xhaka becomes our only (major) signing

Yeah, and?
(edited 7 years ago)
This James fella really struggles with basic logic

Mate, you chat most of the **** here.

Latest