The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
Doesn't California have a bigger economy than the UK?

Nope
scenes 5 years later

Original post by difeo
Nope

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_between_U.S._states_and_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

Yea you're right. Seems California is about the same size as France but about 90% of the UK economy size.
I gotta admit i did not see Koemann going to Everton. If Rafa didn't take on the Newcastle job he could have gone to Southampton would have been a perfect swap.

That will be interesting to see!
Original post by trapking
I gotta admit i did not see Koemann going to Everton. If Rafa didn't take on the Newcastle job he could have gone to Southampton would have been a perfect swap.

thoughts on Brucas vs Leyton debate.
Original post by swirly
thoughts on Brucas vs Leyton debate.

I am not aware of this debate. Enlighten me?
ran 3 football lessons for a highschool today.

Forcast said cloudy, was boiling and sunny all day.

Me and my wife out in the sun for the same time,

I am as red and burned as ali on the arsenal thread

My wife is absolutly fine.

#whiteskin
[video="youtube;CrAcIxZTUKU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrAcIxZTUKU[/video]

Don't you just love life :biggrin:

All kinds of vibes! Love it.
Original post by fallen_acorns
Strong correlation (in the circles of people that I see/speak to/know) between those who say england is not a great country any more/england is weak on its own / never sound that patriotic, and those who are not white english or older then 30.

I get that it. Even if I lived in china for the next 40 years, I would never ever think of china in the same way my wife does.. those views are just very very hard to develop in anything that you dont consider truelly 100% your own.

Even in 2nd/3rd generation migrant families, there can still be an eliment of distance, probably caused by the native population themselves (racism/systematic discrimination etc), that cause a slight seperation in feelngs.. plus you have two cultures, its easy to compare them, see the flaws in one or the other etc, and so so many reasons, why some migrant families are less patriotic in the traditional sense then a native family who have ancestor after ancestor here.

--

What I dislike though, is seeing it in young white/british people.. Just screams ungreatful. They have and will not have to go through half the **** that migrant families do.. are lucky enough to have been born into one of the most privillaged positions on the plannet, even if they are poor they are still in the top percentages of the words population.. they live in a relitivly prosperous, stable democracy, non-vilant, low crime, high employment, high wages (relitivly), high education, free healthcare, cultrually rich (and diverse) country.. and yet they still dont feel any strong positive feelings towards it, and would rather bitch and whine about how bad it is, and how lacking it is in places, and how weak and pathetic a country it is.

My racist great grandfather would have told the immigrants to **** off, for not having 100% patriotisim for this country. But I can understand that to a point, and have no problem with that.. For me its the native english people who have no care for this country.. they are the ones who can **** off.

Which brings me back to zerfs point last page, I agree.. Would be nice if we lived in a society where the locals who deserve to, could be got rid of, just as easily as a UKIP supporter would get rid of a migrant family.

truelly
eliment
seperation
feelngs
ungreatful
privallaged
plannet
relitivly
vilant
cultrually
patriotisim

Did you get one of your students to write that comment?
Original post by trapking

Koemann

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just went past Lloyds Banking Group and saw Luke.

Can confirm he is tea boy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4971
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Just went past Lloyds Banking Group and saw Luke.

Can confirm he is tea boy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was he chirpsin?
Original post by Rk2k14
Was he chirpsin?

Nah he was like the centre point of a circle, there were no females within 50m of him

Posted from TSR Mobile
But was his suit sharp?
Original post by Jimmy Seville
But was his suit sharp?

Tea boys don't wear suits

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4975
Original post by Jimmy Seville
truelly
eliment
seperation
feelngs
ungreatful
privallaged
plannet
relitivly
vilant
cultrually
patriotisim

Did you get one of your students to write that comment?

Rekt.

Slight tones of racism here though so reported
Tea boys don't wear suits

Posted from TSR Mobile

did he look like this:

pls confirm
Tfw your train is delayed indefinitely because of a lightning strike

Ok mate
Nah he was like the centre point of a circle, there were no females within 50m of him

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thoughts on rekage @Dirtybit @PukeofEdinburgh @difeo
Thoughts on rekage @Dirtybit @PukeofEdinburgh @difeo

Thoughts on you trying to get us to rep it

Latest