The Student Room Group

AQA AS BIO Unit 2 OLD SPEC RESIT Tue 7th June (pm) 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by amina126
Good luck for the exam! 😃

First.. Let's get out of bed
I know we have to know how to draw/label beta glucose but do we need to know the same for alpha glucose??
Can someone quickly explain immunological evidence involving precipitates?
Reply 43
IMMUNOLOGICAL COMPARISONS

1. Serum albumin extracted from organism A and injected into organism B
2. Organism B makes antibodies specific to the antigens from A
3. These antibodies from B are extracted and mixed with a blood sample from Organism C
4. This should cause an immunological response in the form of a precipitate being formed (Antibodies respond to corresponding antigens from C)
5. The more precipitate there is, the more closely related the organisms are. This is because there are a greater number of similar antigens
Reply 44
Original post by charlotte181297
I know we have to know how to draw/label beta glucose but do we need to know the same for alpha glucose??

Nope, only says Beta glucose in the spec
Reply 45
What topics in general does everyone think will come up?
Original post by ssn2125
What topics in general does everyone think will come up?

Not much at all on Chapter 13 came up last year, so maybe a lot of that?
Also i'm thinking either meiosis or plant adaptations for the 6 marker
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 47
Easy paper guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
How did everyone find that? I did all the past papers before the exam and got Bs and As but feel like that exam was awful :frown:
Original post by Ao1811
How did everyone find that? I did all the past papers before the exam and got Bs and As but feel like that exam was awful :frown:

I reckon ive just scraped an A (hoping anyway) definatly have a B though. And yes it was bad wasnt it, too many experimental questions with long answers and not enough like techincal biology ****
Original post by Ao1811

Absolutely awful i can't believe it
Man. I i wish i did WJEC. That's all I can say.

I worked so hard for this paper, thing is GB might be low but that still doesn't take my frustration away from the sort of questions they ask especially towards the end...
The 6 marker was ****.
what the name of the protein structre with two or more polypeptide chains
Original post by Kira Yagami
The 6 marker was ****.

I thought I was the only one who thought that..
How can they test so little of the syllabus? It is amazing. Tissue fluid hasn't come up for about 3/4 years but they it still doesn't come up.

When is the last time anything about plants came up e.g. to do with xylem? They still don't put in this exam?

So you can get an A in this paper knowing about 60% of the entire content? Makes sense.
Reply 56
Original post by Kira Yagami
How can they test so little of the syllabus? It is amazing. Tissue fluid hasn't come up for about 3/4 years but they it still doesn't come up.

When is the last time anything about plants came up e.g. to do with xylem? They still don't put in this exam?

So you can get an A in this paper knowing about 60% of the entire content? Makes sense.

I feel the same. So little of the spec came up on the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maggie43
I thought I was the only one who thought that..

I'm sure other people disliked it too... it's like such an odd one to ask....

We have to learn so many different processes but nope they just test us on small really weird pure fact recall.
I found that exam absolutely awful! Hardly any content in it!
I really needed a A/B, i got a D last year and don't think I've done any better to be honest. Im so upset
percentage difference was 56??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending