Scroll to see replies

If you truly do have your exam at 9.30, holla me allllll the answers hahahaha
Original post by Zain khan
ive got it half 9

tell me what was on it then:biggrin:
Original post by runningcat
Are you sure?...

Yep.
They might aswell get rid of sections 3 & 4 if they can't be arsed to even use them enough.
(edited 7 years ago)
I found the exam to be mainly knowledge based and fairly easy, at least compared to paper 1. That is of course relative to what my strengths are and what I revised most.
First question was membrane-bound dipeptidases right? Was the third questions on amino acids have something to do with inhibiting the proteins?
For the question which said how many times more effective was disinfectant D to B, did people get an answer which was around 1.84?
I did the one about making your own investigstion for lead concentration on tomato plants and the guy with the alleles at the end.
Original post by neyscar
For the question which said how many times more effective was disinfectant D to B, did people get an answer which was around 1.84?

yes (think- something like that) - i found the diameter of both circles . then area then i divided them both
So no questions on lung disease, heart disease, protein synthesis on either paper - in other words the things I know the best! :colonhash:

Anyone have any guesses what the grade boundaries will be?

Also, did anyone else put protease for the question on what other enzyme is needed?
For the diameter question I got 2.9 for the disinfectant question and then the ratio question I got 3.6:1
Original post by Ostrava
So no questions on lung disease, heart disease, protein synthesis on either paper - in other words the things I know the best! :colonhash:

Anyone have any guesses what the grade boundaries will be?

Also, did anyone else put protease for the question on what other enzyme is needed?

dipeptidase
did everyone put that the sea water had a higher WP or lower WP?
Also for the question saying why water loss would not necessary equal water uptake, i said used in respiration but also the apparatus may not be sealed (guessing they used a potometer)
Original post by lilyjacks

Lower water potential because seawater has a higher solute concentration
(edited 7 years ago)

I said lower? More salt/solute so more negative w.p.? I don't know lol

I think you have to say seawater has a lower water potential because it's got more salt and ions and stuff in it so water in the worms cells will move by osmosis out into the seawater and the worms cells will shrink and become damaged
I thought this Paper 2 was a lot better than Paper 1 - probably because there was more time for revision. :u:

Surprisingly, there was a lot more on practical work and not much on the ventilation and heart.

What did you guys write for question 2 about the exo and edo enzymes and why both of them working together is better.
Think I got that one wrong :redface:

I said lower water potential
Weird how nothing or meiosis, mitosis, selection, heart, species + taxonomy, breathign mechanisms came up in either paper.

What did you guys put for the process used in the worm to get oxygen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending