The Student Room Group

AQA AS BIO Unit 2 OLD SPEC RESIT Tue 7th June (pm) 2016

Scroll to see replies

I BLOODY HATE AQA!! Absolutely awful paper, I want to cry :frown:
Original post by Kwaks
I feel the same. So little of the spec came up on the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is so frustrating though, this paper wasn't much worse from like some other years but it's just how why can they not make a fair paper? Like a lot of the answers towards the end I just guessed.

The way they present the data is so weird sometimes.
Reply 62
what is a temporary mount?
Reply 63
The question on give two hypotheses the scientists were looking at completely confused me

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also put 56 for percentage difference:-) don't know if I was right though haha
Reply 65
Original post by arronpile
percentage difference was 56??

I got that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lahigueraxxx
I BLOODY HATE AQA!! Absolutely awful paper, I want to cry :frown:

Thank you...

Learning the content and applying isn't too bad....

But they mess you over so badly... Like just odd random questions. I hated that question about all of the microscope bull crap... Like WHY? Maybe ask a question on tissue fluid? Water uptake by plants? Gas exchange? NOPE. You need to know how you can estimate the number of chloroplasts in a leaf because that is the so key in biology, like everyone cool knows how to do it.
Reply 67
Original post by hw22
what is a temporary mount?

I just said make a slide using clear vanish and sellotape. Looool I don't even know 😭😭😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
what was the name of the polypetpide structure with two or more chains
It was all fine until that question on the mesenteric artery.... after that I was just lost
Bases that code for amino acid was just 141*3 = 423

Difference in saturation was 56

Distance of the cell thing was 200 micro meters?
Original post by arronpile
what was the name of the polypetpide structure with two or more chains

Quaternary structure
Original post by Kira Yagami
Thank you...

But they mess you over so badly... Like just odd random questions. I hated that question about all of the microscope bull crap... Like WHY? Maybe ask a question on tissue fluid? Water uptake by plants? Gas exchange? NOPE. You need to know how you can estimate the number of chloroplasts in a leaf because that is the so key in biology, like everyone cool knows how to do it.

Looool this cracked me up😂😂
Reply 73
Thank you...

I completely agree with you. They messed me over. Too many interpretations of data and not enough knowledge based things (which I spent so long revising for)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Suits101
Quaternary structure

yes i got that
Reply 75

Got all the same as you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 216.6 for the distance question.. Is this right?

I agree with all.

I didn't calculate the distance right though, I measured it as 6.3cm and converted to micrometers (x10000) and then left it though, which should be 1 out of 2 for measuring GH maybe.
I got 285 or something for the measurement question because I did it in mm instead of cm... RIP me
leaf is an organ

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending