The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology 7401/1 and 7401/2 Exam - 26th May and 7th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jason.CCY
I put there are foldings on its exterior, which increases its surface area.

And that the lining of the worm is thin, so short diffusion pathway.

They said using the information they gave, from what I remember they didn't write anything about folding, can't use the picture for an indication afaik
Original post by rosemondtan
1. Phosphate (inorganic) is a key component of ATP which is used in active cellular processes like growth. Providing phosphate means that ATP can be produced through combination of ADP and P

2. Phosphate is a key component of phospholipids which make up the phospholipid bilayer and the cell membrane in cells. As the embryo grows and cell division occurs, more phosphate is needed to make more phospholipids and more cell membranes can be produced for new cells.

I put ATP and DNA synthesis because phosphates are in nucleotides.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rosemondtan
1. Phosphate (inorganic) is a key component of ATP which is used in active cellular processes like growth. Providing phosphate means that ATP can be produced through combination of ADP and P

2. Phosphate is a key component of phospholipids which make up the phospholipid bilayer and the cell membrane in cells. As the embryo grows and cell division occurs, more phosphate is needed to make more phospholipids and more cell membranes can be produced for new cells.

I wrote the ATP stuff but I said The ATP is being hydrolysed because thats what gives of energy. And and inorganic phosphate which is given off from that reaction is what increase the p conc.
Your second point is way beyond me :lol:
Original post by Clintbarton
Oh that question about the plant having adapted for seasonal weather change. What did everyone put?

I put something like the embryo would begin to develop when exposed to colder temperatures in winter so would have developed by warmer weathers and something else that I can't remember

Wrote something similar, wrote that it'll flower around spring time, also mentioned that low temperatures usually means rainy, snowy so can store the water for photosynthesis later on and use the minerals dissolved in it
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Clintbarton
I put ATP and DNA synthesis because phosphates are in nucleotides.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't write about ATP (oops) but wrote about phosphate being a component of DNA nucleotides.
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like?
LOL most these answers for the embryo plant shii are so random
Original post by maggiedavies
I didn't write about ATP (oops) but wrote about phosphate being a component of DNA nucleotides.

I totally misread the question at first and started talking about positive correlation so it suggest growth over a recorded time period😟😟 but I crossed it out and wrote ATP lol. It was only 2 marks wasn't it? Oh well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pink1998
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like?

Most likely low because new spec
Original post by Sajjjid

I wrote about directional selection and how the extreme phenotypes will be able to reproduce and pass on alleles. And mutation of alleles and stuff 😂
Original post by Sajjjid

Did awful on the exam. Think I got a maximum mark of 40 out of 75 which is 53%,
think I did a bit better in paper 1.

Grade predictions? At least a C?
Original post by Sajjjid

Doubt it'll be low, it was a new spec, but both papers were fairly easy
Original post by Asad_2015
I wrote about directional selection and how the extreme phenotypes will be able to reproduce and pass on alleles. And mutation of alleles and stuff 😂

LOOOOL akhi aqa are known for being vague. But this took the piss :lol:
Original post by maggiedavies
Did awful on the exam. Think I got a maximum mark of 40 out of 75 which is 53%,
think I did a bit better in paper 1.

Grade predictions? At least a C?

Legit its too hard to tell right now. Cus be cant compare to past grade boundaries. But dont worry. These exams are more like a test run for next year. Well being doing this all over again :borat:
Reply 834
Someone help me, mans crying inside

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone write for the haemoglobin question and the water potential question about the worm
That was an awful paper. :frown:
Original post by H_MO
Someone help me, mans crying inside

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL dont watch you can start trapping with me and my boys cuss
Original post by Sajjjid

What did you put for how exopeptidases and endopeptidases worked together efficiently?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending