The Student Room Group

Do you reckon we will leave the eu?

This poll is closed

do you reckon we will vote leave?

we will vote leave 32%
we will vote stay68%
Total votes: 63
How do you think the vote will go? Personally I am cynical and think the vote is rigged to some extent so I think we will stay. Thoughts Also this is not a thread asking how you will vote but how you think it will go.

Scroll to see replies

I doubt we will leave. Most people who are undecided will probably just keep the status quo.
I hope so!
"Leaving the EU is a gamble we simply cannot afford to make!"

-Lord Alan Sugar
Hopefully leave. Need a change before its too late.

But the result might be remain/leave.
(edited 7 years ago)
If we leave, we won't know what the future awaits of us.

If we stay, EU can bully us whenever they want.

For the sake of our future, I think we should stay.
Original post by JavaScriptMaster

-Lord Alan Sugar

Sugar has a lot of businesses based on the EU. Also why are you quoting a random celebrity this is about how it will go not how specific people are gonna vote
Original post by Defraction
If we leave, we won't know what the future awaits of us.

If we stay, EU can bully us whenever they want.

For the sake of our future, I think we should stay.

This thread is about how the vote will go not about advocating for a specific position.
Reply 8
I want to leave, but I don't think more than 50% of voters will be willing to take the risk.
Even if we do vote to leave I am kind of sceptical that we will end up leaving they will maybe try 're negotiating'
Original post by JavaScriptMaster

-Lord Alan Sugar

http://order-order.com/2016/05/31/lord-sugars-eu-journey/
Original post by karl pilkington
This thread is about how the vote will go not about advocating for a specific position.

But that is what most UK citizens are going to do. They are going to tactically vote in this referendum. I asked some UK voters on whether or not we should leave and they said they are going to tactically vote.
I think majority is sensible enough to vote to remain.
Reply 13
I think we're probably going to leave. There was a poll of the "Undecided" recently which gave pretty much a 50/50 split between Remain and Leave.

Leave is either leading the polls or lagging one point behind. Using YouGov's predictor, this'll lead to Leave successfully freeing the country due to the fact that Leave voters nearly all care about democracy and will go to exercise their vote whereas remain voters are generally apathetic and want someone else to have to make their choices for them.

There's also the Scottish tactical vote to consider. If they want independence, their best move is to vote to leave the EU then try to use it as a mandate to leave the UK.
Up here in Scotland its 62% to remain,I'm also in the remain camp.
Original post by rxns_00
I think majority is sensible enough to vote to remain.

The UK is better off in the EU. The majority of the reasons to leave the EU aren't really substantial or supported by a lot of evidence. The benefits of staying outweigh the costs.

How is u btw?
(edited 7 years ago)
Honestly, I am wondering if the country will vote to leave. I think it's more likely that young people are taking part in the online polls (you can get paid for surveys so this is something a lot of young people do) and whether they actually go out and vote what they say is less likely than pensioners who might as well because it will get them out of the house.

It seems as if older people are leaning towards brexit and younger people are leaning to remain. So if older people go out and vote the likelihood will be a brexit :/
I pressed the wrong option - I actually think we will very likely stay.
Reply 18
Peter Hitchens (Who is both a Remainer and very intelligent) thinks that we'll be Leaving.
Its a no brainer, as it is a must that we leave the EU.
Brits could benefit more by leaving the EU, as the EU has only held back the potential of this great country.
We must leave and grant younger Brits a much better benefit in their future

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending