The Student Room Group

Eng Lang- Thought Francis was a girl

I thought Francis Chichester was a woman on my GCSE English language paper but it was a man so I write 'she' and 'her' many times. Would I lose any marks for this? if so, how many?
Reply 1
Original post by heatherjs
I thought Francis Chichester was a woman on my GCSE English language paper but it was a man so I write 'she' and 'her' many times. Would I lose any marks for this? if so, how many?

They wouldn't mark you down on the basis of thinking the writer was a female so long that you answered the question asked accordingly. :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by heatherjs

Original post by JTran38
They wouldn't mark you down on the basis of thinking the writer was a female so long that you answered the question asked accordingly. :biggrin:

AHA english exams always have confusing same sex names, like in WJEC we had Peta Bee who was a woman many people thought she was a man.
Reply 3
Original post by B3ASTy
AHA english exams always have confusing same sex names, like in WJEC we had Peta Bee who was a woman many people thought she was a man.

I'm in Year 10 btw . Don't worry too much on whether the writer's gender so long that you've answered the question accordingly. Also good luck with the rest of your exams.
Original post by JTran38

Alberto Moreno is that bad, Mark Wright is the subject of a transfer to the small club in Merseyside, Liverpool. Everton will always be the bigger club and you can't take it.

United are about to sign Ibra, who are you going to approach?

Klopp is a flop.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA.
Reply 5
Original post by JTran38
I'm in Year 10 btw . Don't worry too much on whether the writer's gender so long that you've answered the question accordingly. Also good luck with the rest of your exams.

Yeah, luckily i put her down as she but i know it doesn't matter at all.
Reply 6
Original post by JTran38

And thanks, we only have 1 and a half weeks of exams left now.
Reply 7
I'm not the only one that did that!!! :redface:
Reply 8
Original post by B3ASTy
And thanks, we only have 1 and a half weeks of exams left now.

Yeah I've heard about that. I'm feeling nervous about starting Y11 but to be fair I think you guys should be more nervous than I am, lol.
Reply 9
LOOL SO DID I!! I tried to change as much as i could from 'her/she' to 'him/he' but ended up giving up as it was eating up my time. So i just wrote a little star at the end saying 'change her/she to him/he lol. Oh well...looks like i wasnt the only one so thats ok!
Original post by JTran38
Yeah I've heard about that. I'm feeling nervous about starting Y11 but to be fair I think you guys should be more nervous than I am, lol.

Aside from the footballing jokes, don't worry about starting Year 11. I started worrying as soon as May hit. Year 11 is just like Year 10 but just shorter. Complete your work as usual.

However, with the exams, before the actual season starts, people think they'll get high marks because the past papers are easy. It's different when entering the exam, sitting down and doing the paper because you're doing everything in the heat of the moment and therefore one is bound to make silly mistakes.

This is the best advice I can give you right now so know everything inside out for your Unit 1 exams, for which you cover material in Year 10.

Just keep trying your best and you'll flourish!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending